Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:17:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ghash.io fail?  (Read 4325 times)
NineLives (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 04:06:46 AM

Hi guys.

I've signed up to Ghash.io, adding the pool to my miner and its mining yet I can't see it online.  Worker tab keeps timing out?

Anyone else experience this?

Ta..

Bitcoin Mining Hardware:   www.mininghardware.co.uk
NineLives (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 05:04:49 AM

anyone?  Sad

gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4186
Merit: 8426

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 05:48:59 PM

You're really going to mine at ghash.io? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=327767.0
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 06:55:25 PM

You're really going to mine at ghash.io? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=327767.0

You're really going to continue allowing Butterfly Labs to advertise here ?

You're really going to continue allowing Cex.io to advertise here ?

*Mumbles something about Luke-Jr abusing his pool to destroy altcoins*

Speaking of fail, on ghash.io right now;

IYFTech

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 07:02:35 PM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

-- Smiley  Thank you for smoking  Smiley --  If you paid VAT to dogie for items you should read this thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1018906.0
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 07:04:29 PM

Same here
What happen to the pool???
gmaxwell
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 08:40:57 PM

Why do you think I have any control over these things? I have the ability to delete, move, pin and lock threads, and edit posts in a couple subforums and to whitelist newbies— thats it. (though— at the same time, if I did, its far from clear to me that taking their money where it can be funneled to productive uses is a bad idea. Crappy businesses are going to exist regardless... and no one could hope to screen them all out in any case. Caveat emptor, etc.)
NineLives (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 01:33:16 AM

Why do you think I have any control over these things? I have the ability to delete, move, pin and lock threads, and edit posts in a couple subforums and to whitelist newbies— thats it. (though— at the same time, if I did, its far from clear to me that taking their money where it can be funneled to productive uses is a bad idea. Crappy businesses are going to exist regardless... and no one could hope to screen them all out in any case. Caveat emptor, etc.)

I hear ya and thanks for the link.  It's quite worrying.

I chose Ghash.io due to the ability of making a guest account that's read only + the gui is nice.

My next choice was Eligius.

What would you recommend?

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 05:36:40 AM

IMO, you really can't go wrong with BTCGuild. I've been pondering heading back there myself after all this ghash.io speculation. Doesn't leave me with a warm fuzzy feeling.

To their credit though, their support is very good, pool is solid, but my spider sense is tingling while mining at that pool Sad

That, and my gut is telling me the cex.io GHs pricing is being manipulated by staff with "fake" orders.

</subjective-commentary>
railzand

Activity: 462

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 05:50:23 AM

IMO, you really can't go wrong with BTCGuild. I've been pondering heading back there myself after all this ghash.io speculation. Doesn't leave me with a warm fuzzy feeling.

To their credit though, their support is very good, pool is solid, but my spider sense is tingling while mining at that pool Sad

That, and my gut is telling me the cex.io GHs pricing is being manipulated by staff with "fake" orders.

</subjective-commentary>

I know you're not asking me, but
+1 to the guild
Most people in your position, NineLives, I've seen them use screenshots from BTCGuild.

NineLives (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 06:34:03 PM

</subjective-commentary>

I know you're not asking me, but
+1 to the guild
Most people in your position, NineLives, I've seen them use screenshots from BTCGuild.

Emm..  I'm selling hardware very very soon (mininghardware.co.uk)  and people require proof.  Ghash.io is nice in that sense.

RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 02:18:30 AM

As much as the issue with a single pool having too much of the collective hash power bothers me, ghash works better. It's slick, and my miners payout more with ghash. Tough to argue with that.
gmaxwell
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 05:08:36 PM

As much as the issue with a single pool having too much of the collective hash power bothers me, ghash works better. It's slick, and my miners payout more with ghash. Tough to argue with that.
I think it's pretty easy to argue with that:  When the consolidation of hashpower at a party who is apparently willing to allow it to be used to rob others and profit undermines confidence in Bitcoin by basically disproving the security model— what are the coins you mine going to be worth?
IYFTech

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 05:18:50 PM

I think it's pretty easy to argue with that:  When the consolidation of hashpower at a party who is apparently willing to allow it to be used to rob others and profit undermines confidence in Bitcoin by basically disproving the security model— what are the coins you mine going to be worth?

Big +1 to that!!

-- Smiley  Thank you for smoking  Smiley --  If you paid VAT to dogie for items you should read this thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1018906.0
IYFTech

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 05:19:37 PM

So why is it down? Again.  Roll Eyes

You could go on to their "support" thread & ask them - but they won't answer you.

HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 09:33:35 AM

I was having Cloudflare errors yesterday, but when it came back there were changes to the ghash.io homepage.   Hosted mining was dead this morning, but it came back about an hour ago and caught up (I have ~15GH hosted, it was mining at 512GH for a few minutes to bring the 1d average back to where it should be).
Yogafan00000

Activity: 314
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 12:36:04 AM

I think it's pretty easy to argue with that:  When the consolidation of hashpower at a party who is apparently willing to allow it to be used to rob others and profit undermines confidence in Bitcoin by basically disproving the security model— what are the coins you mine going to be worth?

If the security model is disproven and Bitcoin is indeed busted and therefore collapses, then it doesn't matter what I do.  So I'm going to pick the nicest chair on the deck of the Titanic!

if CEX is being bad, now everyone will know it and someone will copy the scam process until no one can.  If this kills CEX then I'll switch.

For now, they have the nicest pool.

1YogAFA... (oh, nevermind)
jamesc760

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 06:10:20 PM

looks ghash.io is having problems, I have about 15 GHS total and it's showing less than 1 GHs. Hope it's just a little glitch in the system.
jamesc760

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 06:15:48 PM

on further examining, it looks like the cex workers are down but my own (non-hosted) workers are reporting correct hashrate, so the problem is at cex.io and not the ghash.io pool. I know cex.io frontend is working fine, their hardware miners are having problems or there's a network problem. I just hope someone is monitoring the situation and is taking actions, christmas or not. Yes, I am a heartless ass.
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 02:00:14 PM
Last edit: December 27, 2013, 06:52:20 AM by TookDk

+1

I see ghash.io as the single bigest threat to bitcoin that exist today.

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: