Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:46:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SETUP A SECURITY IN YOUR COMPUTER FOR CRYPTO ACTIVITIES  (Read 145 times)
edsnowangel (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 39

Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 08:39:54 AM
Merited by MadaraAvenger (3), Welsh (1)

so good day to all of you so I am SnowAngel part of SnowAngelDevs as part of involving in crypto world there are lots of demands in security as I discuss methods and different ways of hackers use to hack your crypto wallets and assets so the problem is maybe not in the person it self but also maybe the set up of our computer environment so you may be asking what is a computer environment this means the setup and how you use your computer in your daily transactions etc etc. most of the time we always just install application cracks and other types of program without even thinking.

this is merely a bad idea and a bad practice when you are involving yourself and your computer in different crypto activities ok so today I will teach you how to set up your computer in the most safest way I know but maybe there are some other ways this is just what I suggest.

but before we start I just wanna tell you that this post of mine has a Filipino version
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3477858.0
I just translate this to reach other nationalities and spread the awareness more.

SETUP A COMPUTER ENVIRONMENT FOR CRYPTO ACTIVITIES

1.OS Choice
       Mostly people that are crypto enthusiast is always using a simple Windows OS more on like today's update of windows is windows 10 and most of other people use windows 7 but let's admit most or all hacks was done with a windows machine meaning that most often targeted machine is a windows machine why? because it's the most OS use by people and support things but lets face the fact that windows is not merely secure and not giving you the right security and other stuffs regarding with your security and privacy even there is a settings for your privacy and security they are not giving the full control like what most people says bill gates only give you the window.

so my suggestions for better security is yes use a LINUX operating system ok why linux? linux is a free and an opensource Operating System developed by various community and have different distro so suggested linux distro? DEBIAN and UBUNTU this are the most common and popular distro of linux system use by people so linux not just give you the power to control the windows but give you the whole house whahah so this is just for me but I admit it not everyone of us don't know how to use linux ok you can practice it but if you can't get it just go to the second step.

2.SECURE YOU WINDOWS

Yes you can't use a linux system so ok there is still a way and hope make one computer setup with the following WINDOWS 10(always up to date and make sure a genuine) but yes we can't afford a clean and genuine but you can just use your normal disk to install windows
next install BITDEFENDER antivirus why for me this is the best antivirus since It can scan so much security flaws and give you internet security and a total security. next Change your DNS Servers I already post a thread about it so you can just navigate to my thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3395101.0 and then you can use the DNS Protections for all users in your network.

3.INSTALL AND CONFIGURE BROWSERS
      we use the most common browsers right which is GOOGLE CHROME so before using the chrome is make sure that it don't save passwords or other stuffs just go to it's settings and disable the saving password. You can also use different browser is that brave browser have no background with this but It was said that this is also a secure browser so last one use TOR Browser why?so other might say that this browser was use for diving in deepweb and TOR right?yes but ok let's use it in a bright way use this because this browser can disable all running scripts in the website so some of hacks might be done in scripts I believe that this browser can give you security,privacy and anonymity in the web but never use this with other means just suggesting.

4.SCAN WEBSITE or FILE FIRST

If you get confuse in those websitesyou are navigating mostly came from emails in your account sent by an anonymous sender like so what we will do to be safe is go to this link:
https://www.virustotal.com/
and scan the website this site gives you the scan result of different virus detection company from all over the world and return if the website is a scam or not but this  is not enough think always.

5.BACKUP SAFELY

Saving a backup in your computer is not the genius idea ok maybe you say my hard drive has passwords and I think it safe ok  that is not even safe, what if you are using your computer then suddenly you install a software that is literally an exploit without knowing sorry my friend your computer is not that secure anymore so in backing up important data so what are those data? Privatekeys, Passwords and other accounts.So take a notebook or anything that you can write save and print or either write all those important data in that paper then you can now hide it where you only knows this is more safe.

NOTE: I AM NOT PROMOTING PRODUCTS AND OTHER THINGS HERE.

so that's all for now
until next time as what I always say "Stay safe, stay secure you hold your security"

for more security and real time updates about crypto security and privacy you can subscribe to my telegram channel
SnowAngel Devs Security

~SnowAngel

sd

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tokexchain

Activity: 144
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:07:47 AM

so good day to all of you so I am SnowAngel part of SnowAngelDevs as part of involving in crypto world there are lots of demands in security as I discuss methods and different ways of hackers use to hack your crypto wallets and assets so the problem is maybe not in the person it self but also maybe the set up of our computer environment so you may be asking what is a computer environment this means the setup and how you use your computer in your daily transactions etc etc. most of the time we always just install application cracks and other types of program without even thinking.

this is merely a bad idea and a bad practice when you are involving yourself and your computer in different crypto activities ok so today I will teach you how to set up your computer in the most safest way I know but maybe there are some other ways this is just what I suggest.

but before we start I just wanna tell you that this post of mine has a Filipino version
I just translate this to reach other nationalities and spread the awareness more.

1.OS Choice
       Mostly people that are crypto enthusiast is always using a simple Windows OS more on like today's update of windows is windows 10 and most of other people use windows 7 but let's admit most or all hacks was done with a windows machine meaning that most often targeted machine is a windows machine why? because it's the most OS use by people and support things but lets face the fact that windows is not merely secure and not giving you the right security and other stuffs regarding with your security and privacy even there is a settings for your privacy and security they are not giving the full control like what most people says bill gates only give you the window.

so my suggestions for better security is yes use a LINUX operating system ok why linux? linux is a free and an opensource Operating System developed by various community and have different distro so suggested linux distro? DEBIAN and UBUNTU this are the most common and popular distro of linux system use by people so linux not just give you the power to control the windows but give you the whole house whahah so this is just for me but I admit it not everyone of us don't know how to use linux ok you can practice it but if you can't get it just go to the second step.

2.SECURE YOU WINDOWS

Yes you can't use a linux system so ok there is still a way and hope make one computer setup with the following WINDOWS 10(always up to date and make sure a genuine) but yes we can't afford a clean and genuine but you can just use your normal disk to install windows
next install BITDEFENDER antivirus why for me this is the best antivirus since It can scan so much security flaws and give you internet security and a total security. next Change your DNS Servers I already post a thread about it so you can just navigate to my thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3395101.0 and then you can use the DNS Protections for all users in your network.

we use the most common browsers right which is GOOGLE CHROME so before using the chrome is make sure that it don't save passwords or other stuffs just go to it's settings and disable the saving password. You can also use different browser is that brave browser have no background with this but It was said that this is also a secure browser so last one use TOR Browser why?so other might say that this browser was use for diving in deepweb and TOR right?yes but ok let's use it in a bright way use this because this browser can disable all running scripts in the website so some of hacks might be done in scripts I believe that this browser can give you security,privacy and anonymity in the web but never use this with other means just suggesting.

If you get confuse in those websitesyou are navigating mostly came from emails in your account sent by an anonymous sender like so what we will do to be safe is go to this link:
and scan the website this site gives you the scan result of different virus detection company from all over the world and return if the website is a scam or not but this  is not enough think always.

5.BACKUP SAFELY

Saving a backup in your computer is not the genius idea ok maybe you say my hard drive has passwords and I think it safe ok  that is not even safe, what if you are using your computer then suddenly you install a software that is literally an exploit without knowing sorry my friend your computer is not that secure anymore so in backing up important data so what are those data? Privatekeys, Passwords and other accounts.So take a notebook or anything that you can write save and print or either write all those important data in that paper then you can now hide it where you only knows this is more safe.

so that's all for now
until next time as what I always say "Stay safe, stay secure you hold your security"

for more security and real time updates about crypto security and privacy you can subscribe to my telegram channel
SnowAngel Devs Security

~SnowAngel

Some really great advice there and yes thanks for that!!

With the LINUX versions of operating systems that are free, if you do not want to convert your entire computer on boot up to one of these systems, there is a software application called Oracle Virtual Machine where you can run the OS's in a Window, running alongside your Windows running machine!

That is Ubuntu (with sidebar) with the Windows calculator in front to hide all my secret stuff, sitting on top of my trading platform  Tongue

It is very easy to install too, you just need a disc image file (freely downloadable in an .ISO format, and then run the setup, very easy and there are plenty of guides too. (rememeber to turn on bi-directional clipboard, so you can easily copy info across, such as privkeys and seeds to import crypto addresses. all in all the Ubuntu I use is 100 times more secure than the windows offering - there are many reasons for this and there is a GUI too as in screenshot, if you are not so experienced with command line interfaces.

Great choice with Tor browser too, if you need to or must use another offering on Windows, make sure to turn off all extra communications with hosts for privacy, these can be in the form of tracking cookies, feedback about usage polices (with full scanning of your machine and data...) there is so much more, check https://www.zdnet.com/article/how-to-secure-windows-10-the-paranoids-guide/

Have fun and be safe too!
edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 10:57:37 AM

With the LINUX versions of operating systems that are free, if you do not want to convert your entire computer on boot up to one of these systems, there is a software application called Oracle Virtual Machine where you can run the OS's in a Window, running alongside your Windows running machine!

That is Ubuntu (with sidebar) with the Windows calculator in front to hide all my secret stuff, sitting on top of my trading platform  Tongue

It is very easy to install too, you just need a disc image file (freely downloadable in an .ISO format, and then run the setup, very easy and there are plenty of guides too. (rememeber to turn on bi-directional clipboard, so you can easily copy info across, such as privkeys and seeds to import crypto addresses. all in all the Ubuntu I use is 100 times more secure than the windows offering - there are many reasons for this and there is a GUI too as in screenshot, if you are not so experienced with command line interfaces.

Great choice with Tor browser too, if you need to or must use another offering on Windows, make sure to turn off all extra communications with hosts for privacy, these can be in the form of tracking cookies, feedback about usage polices (with full scanning of your machine and data...) there is so much more, check https://www.zdnet.com/article/how-to-secure-windows-10-the-paranoids-guide/

the problem with using a virtual machine is that is make the computer laggy and a bit slow for other user

sd
yerger

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:11:49 AM

I think use Tor is too excessive. Use tor is very slow even with fast internet connection. Beside that, use tor does not guarantee you will avoid hackers.
davison2

Activity: 114

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:18:05 AM

Accodades...! Thanks a lot because i really do not apply any security measures, none whatsoever.
edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 12:00:05 PM

I think use Tor is too excessive. Use tor is very slow even with fast internet connection. Beside that, use tor does not guarantee you will avoid hackers.

the use of tor browser here is that not avoiding hackers but avoiding to load up bad scripts in the site you do not trust right? and most of the hacks was injected using a script

sd
tokexchain

Activity: 144

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:15:28 PM

the problem with using a virtual machine is that is make the computer laggy and a bit slow for other user

You should reword that too "the problem with using a virtual machine is that (it can) make the computer laggy and a bit slow for other user

*I have used VM's for years and never noticed much slowdown as VM resource footprint is quite small. It is of course not a dedicated environment as is a full install, booting to Ubuntu, but is is great to try out, then if the user decides - can go for a full dedicated install, or even perhaps on a second machine.

remember a lot of exploits are locked off with LINUX by default, this is reason for usage and suggestion  Cool

freesia_pnp888

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:40:44 PM

thank you for this!
Ann Impas

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:06:36 PM

Thank you for all the detailed information. Appreciate the effort. I'm going to go through the details again to make sure that my data's are safe and secured. Salamat po. 
lucy94

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:06:43 PM

thats a smart idea, should be accessible to anyone dealing with crypto
tegarp90

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:14:51 PM

1.OS Choice

2.SECURE YOU WINDOWS

5.BACKUP SAFELY

so that's all for now

SnowAngel Devs Security

~SnowAngel

Thank for your sharing, this is a very good article.
In my personal opinion, using MAC is the safest if you're a person in cryptocurrency world.
I'm not promoring products also, but we know it's the truth.
And the most important thing is to stay safe and careful when we doing a big volume transaction because someone is watching us.
No system is safe.
max fray

Activity: 294

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:17:48 PM

I should add that the advanced users can install a virtual machine and do all their trading and financial operations there.
Yes, it slows your computer a bit, but why can't you buy a secondary machine just for trading purposes?
My friend who's been engaged in cryptocurrencies for over a year now has got like 4 computers dedicated for different purposes.

Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:14:36 PM

Thank you for the information. I am interested to get a good antivirus and would like to know why you choose Bitdefencer. The thread with more information is in local language, do you plan to write in English? It will be useful for us.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 06:25:00 AM

Thank you for the information. I am interested to get a good antivirus and would like to know why you choose Bitdefencer. The thread with more information is in local language, do you plan to write in English? It will be useful for us.

i will try to post in many language as I can Smiley but English for sure I will post it Smiley

sd
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: