Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 04:30:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy low and sell high is very tough  (Read 2594 times)
eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 08:05:28 AM

When you ask someone for advise they always say buy low and sell high but this is very tough.
It's tough if you don't have patience and your standard is too high that you want to earn more than 20% daily profit.

What is your strategy for buying low and selling high?
You already said the strategy but another thing is don't just choose those coins that doesn't have volume or has a low volume.
Stick to the highest ones.

Do you agree with buy low and sell high is very tough?
Yes it's tough but sooner or later you'll gain experience, it will be easy for you.
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 08:07:32 AM

I am also finding this very hard. WHEN I am buying it drops, when I sell it goes higher. I can never seem to get this right so I am not sure if I am going to quit trading and see what else to do instead to try to earn a daily bread. I might go back full time into doing bounties I think. It might be easier doing bounties than trading. I was doing mostly bounties before but there are so many bounty thieves trying to steal my identity that I am really getting fed up of this crypto game now because of all the low lives it is attracting.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
ashlyvash00

Activity: 434
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 08:09:34 AM

Yeah i agree. What if you buy but you dont know that price will down more and what if you sell and you dont know the price you sell is still on cheap. But for the important is what ever and how it cheap as long you get profit its good for me.
Henisusan

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 08:44:32 AM

I will also think of buying the altcoins at the low price and then hold it until the price is higher. Selling some of the coins in the higher price (more than 30% increasing) is good to buy other altcoins then and invest more. I will also leave some of the remaining to hold and sell them at the higher price again. It is one of my strategies. I don't think if it is though or not.

█████
                    ██████
                    ██████
                    ██████
  ████████████                    ████████████                █████████████████                      ███████████
█████████████████            █████████████████          ███████████████████            ████████████████
██████████████████        ████████████████████        █████████████████████    ███████████████████
  █████████████████▀      ██████████████████████      █████████████████████  █████████████████████
████████            ▀▀▀      ██████████            ████████      ████████              ███████████████              ██████
███████                      ██████████                  ████████    ███████                ██████████████                   █████
██████                    ██████████                      ████████    ███████                  ███████████                       █████
███████                ██████████                        ███████      ███████                ██████████                        ██████
  ███████            █████████      ▄██▄             ████████      ████████            █████████      ▄██▄            ███████
  █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████          █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████
  ██████████████████          █████████████████              ██████████████████          █████████████████
  ██████████████                  ▀████████████                      ██████████████                  ▀████████████
Cobo Digital Wallet
|
  First Leading Wallet Offering PoS and Masternode Rewards Worldwide 
SECURITY ● RELIABILITY ● CONVENIENCE
|
Download
for Android & iOS
● TELEGRAM
● FACEBOOK
● TWITTER

████
██████
█████████
█████████████
████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████g█████████
██████████g███████
████████g██████
██████g██████
██████████
██████
███

████
                ████
                ▀▀
     ,▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄
   o████████▄██▄████████
  ████████████████████
 d███████████████████
,███████████████████
`███████████████████
 ████████████████████
 █████████████████████
  ████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████
    ████████████████████
     `████▀▀  ▀▀██████
[t
gokhan17

Activity: 448
Merit: 264

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 08:55:57 AM

Yes this is very difficult, this is something  completely technical analysis and experience related to
Akeeto

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 08:56:47 AM

When you ask someone for advise they always say buy low and sell high but this is very tough.

Yes.   You need patience to do do this... Sometimes your buying low.. Is someone selling high you should also consider that aspect
solovalley

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:18:49 PM

The value of a crypto depends on supply and demand. And of course everyone's goal is to buy at low prices and sell at high prices. That's why it's hard to do because nobody wants to buy a high price. And if there is no demand, then the price will drop.
Minotus

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:22:23 PM

I wish it was that easy but it definetely isn't that easy. Trading is way more complex than this. You have know how to read the charts and trends and you need to know how to analyze the market as whole. If you don't do this and buy a coin from a point which you think is the dip you can end up by losing half of your money because the real was just waiting for you at the bottom. Therefor never blindly buy or sell a coin.

warwar

Activity: 798
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:27:29 PM

Well because that's how really it is though. You buy when the value is low, hold it until the value rises and then that's the time you'll sell it high. That's how you make good profits, you just need to be patient for holding it long term.

Though not all is really profitable in long term because there will be the time that the coin seems stable or it really dumps hard. Holding a coin in long term is not a sure profit . On the other hand mostly of us is really saying buy low sell.high like it is just easy but it is not as my self I dont know when to buy or when to sell because when I think I buy this coin later on it dumps hard . But the key in trading is gather information about that coin about its development   but not just that easy it really takes time
hamdun

Activity: 144

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:29:53 PM

To get the benefits of crypto is not as easy as what is thought and all through the process. If you choose to invest, you must be patient and be patient to earn money from crypto, and if you want to earn money quickly you can switch to trades but it is risky.
Dim4ik

Activity: 661
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:33:26 PM

If you're a greedy man, then trading is not for you. Here you need to subtly understand when to go and when to go, and clearly understand when you will exit the transaction
nggodewek

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:36:13 PM

there are conditions for us not to follow the principle, too easy and simple if everything is cheap and sell high. sometimes panic sell is also needed when a coin is not good, hold a coin if the potential is good
marksayson

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 01:45:08 PM

Yes this is the way on getting big profit. My target was to watch out for the ICO that is launching for the first time on the exchange. Im sure that the price of the token goes below ICO price due to many flippers. That is the good time to buy more. And when the coin recover thats the time you generate good profit return.

BankDex.io  / Decentralized Exchange
Lindazz

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:46:39 PM

I also think it is difficult to sell high and sell high.
Because most of the time you don't get it right.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
maman09

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:46:53 PM

the concept of trading is like that, but to do that is quite difficult what else we should be more patient. the important thing is technical analysis to read the graph to which direction is moving. and this is quite a drain on time and experience.
duchaitp

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:55:33 PM

Knowing is easy, making it very difficult. Everyone knows that buy low sell high. But it is important to buy low. When you buy in, then the price may continue down. Buying and selling is not easy.
asjdhjnz86

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 03:19:27 PM

All you need right it's the timing, choose the right time to invest ur coin
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 575

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 03:22:52 PM

It is hard for you to execute it and not making profit because you are doing it on the wrong time. It is always best to start investing smaller amount as soon as the price starts to dip. Slowly increasing your investment as the price drops further will actually reduce your risk of making loss and maximize your profit.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 03:24:29 PM

I really don't see how buy low and sell high is difficult.

Maybe because you are thinking in extremes?

It's not like you try to wait and buy at the absolute lowest price and then sell at the absolute highest price, it is more about percentage increase and decreases.

If you buy a coin at, say, $1 and you set your profit margin for 100%, then you sell it at $2, very simple.
Then, you buy back when the coin has fallen back in price say, 25%, so you buy when the price is $1.50, then sell when it is $3.00 and on and on.
This strategy helps build up the amount and value of your portfolio.

Most people start out crypto with only a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars to invest.
No matter how high coins go, you won't make much money with just a couple thousand invested.
So you trade so you can get more of the coins you want.

It's important you do trades based off of math and data, not speculation.

alex_kir

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 03:25:22 PM

The idea is certainly very correct and one should strive for this, but unfortunately I do not need to try to do anything so well. I think that in the case of buying at the bottom, it will be very difficult to do, as well as sell at altitude.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: