Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:14:14 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitstamp  (Read 1172 times)
Lineye

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 02:27:23 AM

/bad for identification documents/

My friend had problems when they requested his identity card scans. As allowed in their ToS/conditions, we'd put a gradient watermark on them in the areas with no information.
This was in case of a major leak/hack, to avoid the misuse of the documents.

They refused them systematically, even with transparent watermarks, citing their own ToS !!!

So we went elsewhere.

Did they give any explanation for that?
nate008

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 02:41:09 AM

My friend had problems when they requested his identity card scans. As allowed in their ToS/conditions, we'd put a gradient watermark on them in the areas with no information.

They refused them systematically, even with transparent watermarks, citing their own ToS !!!

So we went elsewhere.

They refused it because of their ToS. Haven't you read what she wrote ?
Estyow

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 04:07:41 AM

So we went elsewhere.

What if she cites their own ToS, and asks about the reason?
nate008

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 04:34:32 AM

So we went elsewhere.

What if she cites their own ToS, and asks about the reason?

What are you trying to say with this , cause the way you're saying it doesn't help that much?
Foysal

Activity: 66

Zazzles, cuz, well you know, he's Zazzy...

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 08:12:30 PM

Please give me your impressions with Bitstamp, are they safe and reliable for trading?

Does anyone know which percentage of their bitcoins Bitstamp is keeping in cold storage?

In case of an inputs.io-like SNAFU, which % of your coins do you think you'll see back?

Also... When an exchange like that get owned (as obviously happens once in a while) and see their bitcoins stolen, will they use your account balance in EUR / USD to reimburse everybody?

(btw I opened an account there and scanned my driving license and an utility bill and I'm now verified)

How long a go did you open your account and wait to get verified? I opened mine a while a go and am still waiting... Sad

~Foyz

BTC: 1H8SMAxJE54SRXNZVtThWurc88KQFCeNC5
ETH: 0xe91f113f1d4Cd2910CacA6748c9D4CcD902D9014
Cryptocurrency has opened my eyes. If I've been helpful, you know what to do *points up*
Vollaw

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 08:19:32 PM

Please give me your impressions with Bitstamp, are they safe and reliable for trading?

Does anyone know which percentage of their bitcoins Bitstamp is keeping in cold storage?

In case of an inputs.io-like SNAFU, which % of your coins do you think you'll see back?

Also... When an exchange like that get owned (as obviously happens once in a while) and see their bitcoins stolen, will they use your account balance in EUR / USD to reimburse everybody?

(btw I opened an account there and scanned my driving license and an utility bill and I'm now verified)

How long a go did you open your account and wait to get verified? I opened mine a while a go and am still waiting... Sad

~Foyz

It took me slightly more than a week.
laudub

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 10:32:28 PM

~Foyz

I opened the account first then realized I needed to scan papers... No scanner here so I only got my scans 3 days later.

From the moment I uploaded the scans on Bitstamp.net it took me 3 days to pass from "PENDING" to "VERIFIED".

I'm now waiting to see how long a deposit (using EU SEPA wire transfer) takes to reach them (not too much money at first: nothing that I cannot afford to loose).

pand70

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 08:59:09 AM

So we went elsewhere.

What's the point of putting watermarks in areas without informations anyway   Huh

Faince1985

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 09:46:34 AM

If you are ready to send your documents to them they should be moderately good. Wires and SEPA take sometime but better than some other exchangers.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: