Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:41:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Since the virtual currency market is de-regulated...  (Read 1202 times)
Nebulous (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:53:31 AM

I can presume there are groups of people taking advantage of this, I want in, if you know what I mean please pm / post, thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tolega

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 11:07:20 AM

> A guy standing on the street outside a private members party is asking for a slice of the cake.
Would you kindly give him a slice of your cake?
Nebulous (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 11:48:38 AM

> A guy standing on the street outside a private members party is asking for a slice of the cake.
Would you kindly give him a slice of your cake?

No

How about

It costs $.35 to bake a slice of cake.

> On the first day of the week, a guy standing on the street outside a private members party has a slice of cake, he tries to sell it and the best rate he can get for a slice is $.50 because the street vendors are selling at $.40 - $.50; he realizes his slice can only be sold for greater than $.50 when all of the other vendors have finished selling their cakes for <$.50. He waits, they sell-out, he sells his slice for $.55

Mid week, the same guy tries to sell more slices $.55, but the best price he can get is $.40 because of the vendors' undercutting; the vendors are undercutting because less people buy cakes midweek, he realizes his slice can only be sold for a greater price when there are enough people willing to buy them;

So, he gathers the vendors and asks if they would agree to only sell cakes on the first day of the week, as this is the day when cakes are in demand, further he asks if they would agree to sell cakes for a price of $1 as they are free to set their price. If a majority of the vendors are selling at $1 the buyers will have no choice but to buy cake at $1 after the lower priced cakes are gone; in this way the 'union' of vendors make more money selling their cakes for $1 on the first day when demand is highest; as opposed to selling their cakes individually;

Would you sell your cakes for $1 on the first day for a greater profit and take the rest of the week off, or would you sell cakes on your own everyday at a lower price.

p.s sorry i'm a terrible story teller
Voodah

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:02:33 PM

What?
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 02:08:53 PM

So, he gathers the vendors and asks if they would agree to only sell cakes on the first day of the week, as this is the day when cakes are in demand, further he asks if they would agree to sell cakes for a price of $1 as they are free to set their price. If a majority of the vendors are selling at $1 the buyers will have no choice but to buy cake at $1 after the lower priced cakes are gone; in this way the 'union' of vendors make more money selling their cakes for $1 on the first day when demand is highest; as opposed to selling their cakes individually;

People would switch their consumption from cakes to something else which is less expensive and provides better satisfaction of their needs per dollar of price...

Nebulous (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:26:51 PM

People would switch their consumption from cakes to something else which is less expensive and provides better satisfaction of their needs per dollar of price...

Then we'll sell that too for a buck
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 04:29:55 PM

Then we'll sell that too for a buck

And then FTC (or whatever) comes after you and kicks your ass... Do you stem from a Rockefeller family?

Nebulous (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:36:53 PM

No I'm not jewish...
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 04:43:10 PM

No I'm not jewish...

Rockefellers are of English and German descent (if I'm not mistaken). You are obviously confusing them with the Rothschild family. And I was referring to Standard Oil which got dissolved in 1911 and split into 30+ companies for abusing their monopolistic position and restraining interstate commerce...

Nebulous (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:56:52 PM

No I'm not jewish...

Rockefellers are of English and German descent (if I'm not mistaken). You are obviously confusing them with the Rothschild family. And I was referring to Standard Oil which got dissolved in 1911 and split into 30+ companies for abusing their monopolistic position and restraining interstate commerce...

Eh ? Judaism refers to a religion, English and German to nationality...someone is clearly confused and I don't think its me....
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 05:41:43 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2013, 07:35:19 PM by deisik

No I'm not jewish...

Eh ? Judaism refers to a religion, English and German to nationality...someone is clearly confused and I don't think its me....

Yes, Judaism is a religion, but the phrase "No I'm not jewish" means that your nationality (ethnicity) is not Jewish in most cases. In any case, John Rockefeller was a follower of Protestantism...

Nebulous (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 06:03:16 PM

No I'm not jewish...

Yes, Judaism is a religion, but the phrase "No I'm not jewish" means that your nationality is not Jewish in most cases. In any case, John Rockefeller was a follower of Protestantism...

Semantics
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 06:09:19 PM

No I'm not jewish...

Yes, Judaism is a religion, but the phrase "No I'm not jewish" means that your nationality is not Jewish in most cases. In any case, John Rockefeller was a follower of Protestantism...

Semantics

So who is actually trying to confuse matters here? Rockefellers are neither Jewish, nor followers of Judaism...

Nebulous (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 06:26:43 PM

No I'm not jewish...

Semantics

So who is actually trying to confuse matters here? Rockefellers are neither Jewish, nor followers of Judaism...

How can you say this with so much confidence? Are you like buddies with them ?
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 06:36:12 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2013, 10:39:00 PM by deisik

No I'm not jewish...

Semantics

How can you say this with so much confidence? Are you like buddies with them ?

Actually, it was you who raised the point of Jewishness and Judaism of the Rockefeller family, so the burden of proving your claims lies exclusively on you... What were your real intentions?

maxxoccupancy

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 06:41:26 PM

Rockefeller = bad.  The burden to prove a fact to others lies on no one.

Bitcoins = good.  Altcoins = good.

I would like to work on development of a polymorphic altcoin that maintains a stable value and is more resistant to fraud.
btc: 15diNSNVontYf5iUvQqnLSQJ9rCAHuwpyJ   betyourbits.com      LTC: LRqVTEPcS7uusMy7JDqYEUg6KqdhfRWC5B
DogECoin: DDHG719WNCCav5MWQQqyxLABFhZTG3jwX3     QRK:  QdKnP5SqoG9r4CNuFcY1oesaYUAsu1W5hF
godislove

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

Devout Atheist

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:30:37 PM

I can presume there are groups of people taking advantage of this, I want in, if you know what I mean please pm / post, thanks
LOL, you mean MtGox, BTCChina, BitStamp, and Coinbase potentially conspiring on when and how they announce litecoin support and what they tell their family and friends before the announcements?  Free market =  insider trading and market makers.  You can't just say "government is bad" all the time without getting in trouble.
Voodah

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:37:53 PM

Most retarded post & discussions ever.
Nebulous (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:41:22 PM

LOL, you mean MtGox, BTCChina, BitStamp, and Coinbase potentially conspiring on when and how they announce litecoin support and what they tell their family and friends before the announcements?  Free market =  insider trading and market makers.  You can't just say "government is bad" all the time without getting in trouble.

Pretty much, we should form a union
pjviitas

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:23:01 AM

+1

How about pie...I like pie better than cake cause the cake guys are a bunch of market cornering a-holes.

Then there is ice cream...don't even get me started on ice cream.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: