Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:47:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: California Constitutional Amendment / Proposition... and other states  (Read 1594 times)
prophetx (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 01:05:13 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2013, 02:04:30 PM by prophetx

How about an effort to raise funds to propose a constitutional amendment in California and other states which allow popular voting for amendments.

Something like (just a draft):

The State of California shall not regulate the development, creation, exchange, transaction and transmission of virtual currency.

The State of California shall not infringe on the privacy of consumers using virtual currency.

I would like to get this process started.

I personally will match 10% of the first $10000 raised for this.  

And will use my own time to find folks who have experience with getting controversial propositions passed.  Although I can only imagine the only people to campaign against this would be banks, and we all know how the people love banks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 09:24:51 PM

The day that government obeys its own laws is the day that it self-destructs.

Might as well be a strike through much of this:
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/.const/.article_1

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
prophetx (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 01:28:05 AM

The day that government obeys its own laws is the day that it self-destructs.

Might as well be a strike through much of this:
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/.const/.article_1

the day people start paying attention to what their government is doing is the day they take back control...
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 03:23:43 AM

Plenty of attention is being paid, unfortunately it seems that nothing short of a government-initiated genocide will cause that attention to focus into a LASER that burns the totalitarian state to the ground.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
kizzoboy

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 05:50:13 AM

How about an effort to raise funds to propose a constitutional amendment in California and other states which allow popular voting for amendments.

The State of California shall not regulate the development, creation, exchange, transaction and transmission of virtual currency.

The State of California shall not infringe on the privacy of consumers using virtual currency.

And will use my own time to find folks who have experience with getting controversial propositions passed.  Although I can only imagine the only people to campaign against this would be banks, and we all know how the people love banks.

prophetx - I can provide a vehicle for this if you're truly passionate about it.  Check www.coinpac.org or shoot me a PM. 
prophetx (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 12:15:01 PM

prophetx - I can provide a vehicle for this if you're truly passionate about it.  Check www.coinpac.org or shoot me a PM. 

are you based in california?  i want people who has done this already in cali. since my business in there.

i have a few friends (lived in sf for a decade) who know some people who have done a few of these but it depends on if they want to take on the project.
prophetx (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 12:18:55 PM

Plenty of attention is being paid, unfortunately it seems that nothing short of a government-initiated genocide will cause that attention to focus into a LASER that burns the totalitarian state to the ground.

i have no idea what that means.

having been born in an actual communist totalitarian state, i will just say the while the USA may have some issues, there are way more f--ked up places that are actual totalitarian states

(I would suggest just watching a documentary on Nazi germany, North Korea, China, Russia, etc from the comfort of your sofa Smiley
kizzoboy

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 03:26:36 PM

are you based in california?  i want people who has done this already in cali. since my business in there.

i have a few friends (lived in sf for a decade) who know some people who have done a few of these but it depends on if they want to take on the project.

I physically work out of Chicago, IL.  Coin PAC is an IRS section 527 "super PAC" that can accept contributions without limits from individuals and corporations.  We can also spend without limit in support of political objectives.  Since we've received such designation, we can operate in California (and any other state).  You'd almost have to have a 527 group to fund ads, GOTV efforts, and marketing to get anything serious blocked or passed.

Your suggestion is a bold one.  It might be easier for you to start supporting candidates that promote bitcoin while opposing candidates that want to over-regulate it.  I know the mayor of San Jose is talking about doing some constitutional amendments.  It's too bad he hasn't spoke up regarding bitcoin.
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 09:02:05 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2013, 09:12:20 PM by TheButterZone

i have no idea what that means.

having been born in an actual communist totalitarian state, i will just say the while the USA may have some issues, there are way more f--ked up places that are actual totalitarian states

(I would suggest just watching a documentary on Nazi germany, North Korea, China, Russia, etc from the comfort of your sofa Smiley

Funny, I just watched 4 documentaries referencing each of those countries:
Spying on Hitler's Army
North Korea: Life inside the Secret State
Heavenly Road To Tibet
Tank on the Moon

US.gov and subdivisions thereof are pretty far down the totalitarian state replication path. Just a matter of time before all the pieces it's tested ("gun control" aka only disarming innocents, "qualified immunity" aka any evil act by agents of the State is excused by the courts, political prisoners, concentration camps, torture, summary executions, unwarranted surveillance, et cetera ad nauseam) are wrapped up in a perfectly horrific bow.

kizzoboy

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 11:33:40 PM

The only way to make meaningful change is to engage in the public policy process, contribute or volunteer for candidates you support, and continue to spread the good word about bitcoin and freedom.
prophetx (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 02:39:15 AM

The only way to make meaningful change is to engage in the public policy process, contribute or volunteer for candidates you support, and continue to spread the good word about bitcoin and freedom.

I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical.[1] Unsuccesful rebellions indeed generally establish the incroachments on the rights of the people which have produced them. An observation of this truth should render honest republican governors so mild in their punishment of rebellions, as not to discourage them too much. It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Paris, January 30, 1787

i don't think a civil war or rebellion is necessary for this, there is enough money to advertise and campaign for the votes for state constitutional amendments to get close to a national amendment/ constitutional convention.  the other states will need to be taken care of by selecting the correct state representatives to get the rest of the needed states for the sign off.

that is the next step because this gov't has been so useless and inept for a few decades, it's time to start cleaning house and senate, at the state and fed levels.

bitcoin + alts are worth at least 15B USD combined. one more bubble and there will be enough money to make that happen.

then a few more amendments to change representational processes to give power back to local and state communities which can start using digital technology for localized decision making processes, and take control out of the hands of the Fed's.
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 03:05:09 AM

http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/169099-but-whether-the-constitution-really-be-one-thing-or-another

Sure, let's pass some more "Stop, or I shall say, 'stop', again!" amendments, like all the rest printed on government-issue toilet paper/violated with effective impunity.

kizzoboy

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 05:31:24 AM

I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical.[1] Unsuccesful rebellions indeed generally establish the incroachments on the rights of the people which have produced them. An observation of this truth should render honest republican governors so mild in their punishment of rebellions, as not to discourage them too much. It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Paris, January 30, 1787

i don't think a civil war or rebellion is necessary for this, there is enough money to advertise and campaign for the votes for state constitutional amendments to get close to a national amendment/ constitutional convention.  the other states will need to be taken care of by selecting the correct state representatives to get the rest of the needed states for the sign off.

that is the next step because this gov't has been so useless and inept for a few decades, it's time to start cleaning house and senate, at the state and fed levels.

bitcoin + alts are worth at least 15B USD combined. one more bubble and there will be enough money to make that happen.

then a few more amendments to change representational processes to give power back to local and state communities which can start using digital technology for localized decision making processes, and take control out of the hands of the Fed's.

That would be awesome.  Unfortunately, most people that I've spoke with regarding bitcoin aren't really worried about the politics of it.  It's so important though.  I predict that within 12 months, financial regulations on virtual currency exchanges will come out that impose KYC/AML requirements.  The requirements that were designed for traditional banking and finance organizations will put an end to virtual currency very quickly.  The exchanges will run for cover and force virtual currency to go underground.  It's only a matter of time and no one is paying attention.  We're going to be on defense first - before we can go on offense (ballot initiated constitution changes).

We're so not ready to defend bitcoin its not even funny.
prophetx (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 11:16:05 PM

That would be awesome.  Unfortunately, most people that I've spoke with regarding bitcoin aren't really worried about the politics of it.  It's so important though.  I predict that within 12 months, financial regulations on virtual currency exchanges will come out that impose KYC/AML requirements.  The requirements that were designed for traditional banking and finance organizations will put an end to virtual currency very quickly.  The exchanges will run for cover and force virtual currency to go underground.  It's only a matter of time and no one is paying attention.  We're going to be on defense first - before we can go on offense (ballot initiated constitution changes).

We're so not ready to defend bitcoin its not even funny.

yup this is the basic defensive stance of the bitcoin community at the moment (at least in the USA)

have to be proactive about this...
kizzoboy

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 06:41:40 AM

It's really too bad.  We have a great opportunity now to raise money (bitcoins) to try and defend it but most aren't paying attention.  Perhaps people will start to pay attention when bank accounts start disappearing.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 07:17:57 PM

I physically work out of Chicago, IL.  Coin PAC is an IRS section 527 "super PAC" that can accept contributions without limits from individuals and corporations.  We can also spend without limit in support of political objectives.  Since we've received such designation, we can operate in California (and any other state).  You'd almost have to have a 527 group to fund ads, GOTV efforts, and marketing to get anything serious blocked or passed.

Your suggestion is a bold one.  It might be easier for you to start supporting candidates that promote bitcoin while opposing candidates that want to over-regulate it.  I know the mayor of San Jose is talking about doing some constitutional amendments.  It's too bad he hasn't spoke up regarding bitcoin.

This is a meaningful offer.  It gives the California Constitutional Amendment proposal a tax exempt vehicle through which to organize.

Another natural ally here, which you may want to explore would be the 10th Amendment Center.
They are also Bitcoin savvy and have a lot of experience in extending local authority over federal authority and how to work with the smaller local governments such as cities counties and states.
They may have some draft language that would be a good start.  If you need contacts there, send me a PM and I can dig through emails and such.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
prophetx (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 10:21:39 PM

started this fb group for gathering people to talk about the subject

https://www.facebook.com/groups/proposition.bitcoin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: