Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:36:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLD OUT] Flexible USB-based powered PCI-E risers $18-$20/each  (Read 25044 times)
taruntj5

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:33:28 AM

Just wanted to add that I am the same "Ssateneth" as the one in #bitcoin-otc as well as the same "Ssateneth" on localbitcoins.com, just in case any localbitcoin dispute handlers decide to check on this thread.

As I'm sure many of you are aware, I am now selling PCI-E 1x > 16x risers. I have a total of 250 on hand. They are powered with either a SATA power plug or 4-pin floppy power plug, have a built-in PCI-E presence mod for improved video card detection, are pluggable in any size PCI-E slot (1x, 16x, or any size in between), have extra caps for power filtering, and utilize a USB 3.0 cable as the means for transferring the PCI-E signals. The USB cable is 30cm long. I will accept dollars (Paypal is possible, but I will only ship to the verified address on file. I will not ship to unverified addresses), BTC @ bitstamp rate according to preev.com, or LTC equivalent. I have the right to limit the amount you want to purchase, but hopefully it won't come to that. Tracking number is provided for every order.

Bear in mind, this is the first time I've done a sell thread with a large quantity of items. My response may be slow, but I'll try to get to every one of you.

Jan 6, 2014 5:42PM CST An update on the quantity available: 0 units are left in stock. I may order more in the future if I can get more cash.

PRICES
1-10 $20/each
11-50 $19/each
51+ $18/each

SHIPPING (USA)
1-5 with First Class (2-5 days): FREE
1-5 with USPS Priority (2-3 days): $3.50
6+ with USPS Priority (2-3 days): FREE
1-20 with USPS Express (1-2 days): $15
21+ with USPS Express (1-2 days): $30

SHIPPING (OUTSIDE USA)
Please PM. Will offer First Class (non-trackable abroad in many countries), Priority (non-trackable abroad in many countries) or Express (trackable) at your expense. First Class and Priority is at your risk, since I have no way of knowing if it was delivered or not in most cases. Be aware that while I will ship internationally, I will not lie on the customs form. It'll be declared as merchandise, at the stated price, tariff code 854442.

I can fit up to 20 units in a padded flat rate envelope, $25 priority, $45 express. First Class price will vary based on weight and destination, but costs about the same as priority for 20 pieces, and will cost less if you order less units. Also, something for Canadians. First Class and Priority are both trackable.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9768004/riser/SAM_1736.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9768004/riser/SAM_1739.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9768004/riser/SAM_1740.JPG
_______________________________________________________________________________ ________

I'm thinking about getting my feet wet, and going to gauge some interest purchasing some of these risers in bulk from chinese supplier. They are powered 1x -> 16x PCI-E risers, pluggable into either 1x or 16x width motherboard slots, utilizing a 30cm or 100cm long USB 3.0 cable for data transmission, which makes it physically very flexible, and a SATA power plug for dedicated power. The PCB has 2 caps for power filtering and allegedly has a built in PCI-E presence shorting, so it is guaranteed to get your card detected without inserting wires into PCI-E slots to get a graphics card to detect. These appear to be built with mining in mind. Actual usability of the card for mining is dependent on OS and drivers.

Post here if you're interested. I've already sent an email to the supplier about possible bulk interest of 100 risers. I am USA based. I would likely offer free First-Class for orders <=13 ounces weight, and free Priority shipping for orders >13 ounces weight (If <=13 ounces but still want faster priority, pay $3.50) within the USA (Express on your dollar), and First Class / Priority / Express Int'l shipping on your dollar. Would accept BTC/LTC equivalents as payment, maybe USD methods as well, depending on your trust ratings/history. Ballparking $25 per riser, dependant on what sort of discount the supplier gives me, if any.

This post will be edited to indicate new thread for actual sale when the risers are received by me and are in hand. 250 pieces are on their way with DHL Express. I'm not comfortable doing pre-orders, and will be sold first come first serve.

https://images.weserv.nl/?url=sintech.cn/images/PCI%20PCIe%20riser/8019C%20PCIE%201X%20TO%2016X%20RISER%20CABLE.jpg&fnr http://sintech.cn/photo/pc%20Riser%20Card%20/1X-16X-3.jpg http://sintech.cn/photo/pc%20Riser%20Card%20/1X-16X-Usb-1.jpghttp://i.ebayimg.com/t/PCI-e-express-1X-to-16x-Riser-Extender-Card-with-molex-power-30CMS-USB-3-0-Cable-/00/s/MzUyWDYwMA==/z/vM0AAOxy77hSHC21/$(KGrHqRHJEEFIBfLFG2DBSHC21d1cw~~60_3.JPG https://images.weserv.nl/?url=ssl:images.weserv.nl/?url=i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab357/pontiacg5_2010/DSC_0161_zps6919d200.jpg&fnr&fnr https://images.weserv.nl/?url=i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab357/pontiacg5_2010/DSC_0164_zps05b56ec2.jpg&fnr

Can anyone please tell me how to get these things working, I have them but can't use them because they wont work.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sterob

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 08:01:08 AM

What is that 4 pin-sata cable for and how did you plug it into the usb riser? i see no connection on both 16x and 1x board.

fenghush

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:10:50 AM

What is that 4 pin-sata cable for and how did you plug it into the usb riser? i see no connection on both 16x and 1x board.
The Sata cable connects right bellow the usb port on the 16x socket.

bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

I have quite a few left, PM me if you need some.

$20/pc in BTC, free shipping within US.
polanskiman

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:54:47 PM

Looking for 5 of those. I am seeing a lot on ebay but can't figure out which to choose. Any advice?
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:01:57 PM

I sell lots of them with many happy customers. Check my thread!
httpcore

Activity: 130

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 04:43:51 PM

Looking for 5 of those. I am seeing a lot on ebay but can't figure out which to choose. Any advice?

I recommend going for the "slim" USB powered risers but either the "wide" or "slim" risers would work. You can check out my thread for some risers or I can recommend you some auctions on eBay. I recommend going with a US seller just for RMA purposes.

cwizard

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:19:36 PM

I recommend going for the "slim" USB powered risers but either the "wide" or "slim" risers would work. You can check out my thread for some risers or I can recommend you some auctions on eBay. I recommend going with a US seller just for RMA purposes.

I like the wide ones Smiley
RickJamesBTC

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:57:12 PM

Yeah, stick with the wide NEW ones.
cwizard

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:58:13 PM

I have 12 left, new.
RickJamesBTC

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:00:28 PM

I have 12 left, new.
I have 1630 left (today), also new. What's the point? Smiley
cwizard

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:17:36 PM

I have 12 left, new.
I have 1630 left (today), also new. What's the point? Smiley

I guess the point is that since we're all on this guys thread trying to sell risers to people because he's sold out... might as well make my pitch too Smiley

I guess also the point is that yours is bigger than mine.  Congratulations for that Smiley
polanskiman

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:04:25 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2014, 10:34:21 PM by polanskiman

Thanks will look into that.

Why would slimmer be better in your opinion? Which seller would you recommend?

I have 12 left, new.

For what price are you letting those go? Where can I see some pictures/website?

----

Also, how would you guys recommend I plug them to the PSUs? Here is my set up:
- 2 PSUs 860w connected with a add2psu adapter
- 3 280x for now but will expand to 5 sooner or later.
- GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard

Thanks.
RickJamesBTC

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:43:14 PM

I have 12 left, new.

----

Thanks.
Only 17.95

If all your power supplies are run from the same motherboard, you shouldn't have any issues, but try to power the riser cards and the gpus from the same psu.

httpcore

Activity: 130

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 10:45:44 PM

I have 12 left, new.

----

Thanks.

I recommend myself, poweredrisers.com (starting at $17.99) but from what I've read and seen RickJamesBTC has a good product and pricing. I've had some people I know use him before, I can't vouch for any other seller though.

I recommend the slim risers due to the space constraint and I've personally seen better manufacturing processes with the slim risers than the wide. However, it really boils down to aesthetics, as risers either work or don't work.

polanskiman

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:57:37 PM

Only 17.95

If all your power supplies are run from the same motherboard, you shouldn't have any issues, but try to power the riser cards and the gpus from the same psu.

Not sure what you mean by "run from the same motherboard". Let me clarify, both PSUs are meant to be used for the same rig. Perhaps I'm not understanding clearly. Are you suggesting that I connect my current 3 GPUs (5 in the future) to same PSU? A 860W PSU would not be able to supply all 5 cards as in total they would require ~1400 Watts.

I recommend myself, poweredrisers.com (starting at $17.99) but from what I've read and seen RickJamesBTC has a good product and pricing. I've had some people I know use him before, I can't vouch for any other seller though.

I recommend the slim risers due to the space constraint and I've personally seen better manufacturing processes with the slim risers than the wide. However, it really boils down to aesthetics, as risers either work or don't work.

Thanks for the input. Will have a look into that website too. I'm still at odds on how to connect all that. Not wanting to burn my newly acquired GPUs!

Thanks guys for the info.
RickJamesBTC

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:09:22 PM

Only 17.95

Not sure what you mean by "run from the same motherboard". Let me clarify, both PSUs are meant to be used for the same rig. Perhaps I'm not understanding clearly. Are you suggesting that I connect my current 3 GPUs (5 in the future) to same PSU? A 860W PSU would not be able to supply all 5 cards as in total they would require ~1400 Watts.

Thanks for the input. Will have a look into that website too. I'm still at odds on how to connect all that. Not wanting to burn my newly acquired GPUs!

Thanks guys for the info.

The dual psu adapter makes the power supplies reset at the same time. That's what I meant. Each riser / card combo should be running off the same power supply, so you shouldn't hook up the pci-e power lines from one to a card where the riser is powered from the other.

You won't burn out any GPUs, and the wide risers are the newest models, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the manufacturing of them.
polanskiman

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:21:37 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2014, 11:50:46 PM by polanskiman

The dual psu adapter makes the power supplies reset at the same time. That's what I meant. Each riser / card combo should be running off the same power supply, so you shouldn't hook up the pci-e power lines from one to a card where the riser is powered from the other.

You won't burn out any GPUs, and the wide risers are the newest models, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the manufacturing of them.

So what you are saying is that GPUs can run from different power supplies as long as the card and the risers are powered from the same PSU? Or am I lost again? My understanding is that the mono provides part of the power needed by the GPUs to the GPUs so ultimately all GPUs are running under the same PSU to a certain extent. Sorry, English is not my first language so I get confused sometimes. Sorry!

By the way, tried purchasing from your website, but seems you don't ship to Thailand...Oh well will try from ebay.
RickJamesBTC

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:52:46 PM

So what you are saying is that GPUs can run from different power supplies as long as the card and the risers are powered from the same PSU? Or am I lost again? My understanding is that the mono provides part of the power needed by the GPUs to the GPUs so ultimately all GPUs are running under the same PSU to a certain extent. Sorry, English is not my first language so I get confused sometimes. Sorry!

By the way, tried purchasing from your website, but seems you don't ship to Thailand...Oh well will try from ebay.

You can order from my international bitcoin site, www.bitcoingrowing.com

You really shouldn't have to even run the gpu pcie power and riser power from the same supply, but it can help. Each power supply has pci-e connectors and molex or sata connectors. Just use them both.
polanskiman

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 12:10:32 AM

You can order from my international bitcoin site, www.bitcoingrowing.com

You really shouldn't have to even run the gpu pcie power and riser power from the same supply, but it can help. Each power supply has pci-e connectors and molex or sata connectors. Just use them both.

Thanks. Tried purchasing on your international website, then saw the shipping cost Sad 30 USD. That's a bit too high for me. Any Ebay shop from china that you would recommend instead? PM if you don't want to disclose this. Thanks for the help.  Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: