Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:26:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin BANNED in bolivia  (Read 755 times)
Donotfoolme (OP)

Activity: 115
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:08:06 AM

BOLIVIA

the central bank of bolivia,el banco central de bolivia said in a statement:

"it is illegal to use any currency that is not issued and controlled by a goverment or an authorized entity."

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3837

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:17:18 AM

Wasn't this very very old news though?

https://www.coindesk.com/bolivias-central-bank-bans-bitcoin-digital-currencies/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:23:10 AM

Yes it is a very old news and if I remember it correct it was done last 2014. I dont know why the author posted this topic possibly he have its own reasons why. Anyway to refresh us with this topic last May 2014, the declaration was made by the government including the central bank of bolivia to ban bitcoin and cryptocurrency since it is not controlled by the government. The problem is the other countries on South America such a Brazil and Argentina were permissive to cryptocurrency. If we look at it it was only Bolivia among all the countries who banned bitcoin and the rest were permissive.

I guess we should already lock this topic since it is very old.
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 02:10:23 PM

I fully respect the decision of the government of Bolivia, and I also think that the government was thinking about the tax and everything that works here in the cryptocurrency, which means that bitcoin and other cryptos are freely roaming around without processing with the government, in simple words the government is not benefiting with the cryptocurrency but only the citizens of Bolivia are benefiting which may be the cause of banning bitcoin there, correct me if I'm wrong though.
mustamin88

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 02:37:12 PM

The central bank of Bolivia said in a statement
"It is illegal to use any currency that is not issued and controlled by the government or authorized entities."
Which automatically prohibits the use of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies in Bolivia, as they are not official or belong to any particular government of any country.
Thadeous
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 02:45:40 PM

According to the Legality of bitcoin by country or territory, by Wikipedia, Crypto is really illegal in Bolivia.
But I'm sure the list of countries where crypto is banned will significantly decrease next few years.
maloibtc

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:05:25 PM

I dont think that this was a wise decision from their side. In my opinion, there is nothing illegal in using such currency. However, it is obvious that government can't approve such use due to their own reasons
Vendetta666

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:13:03 PM

We can do nothing but respect the decision of their government. However why they ban it without any details, how about the user of cryptocurrency. They lonely because of it. I think they didn't see the good value of Bitcoin to the people. How sad  Sad
Mr.Dick

Activity: 196
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:18:02 PM

BOLIVIA

"it is illegal to use any currency that is not issued and controlled by a goverment or an authorized entity."

Thats no new topic...

freesia_pnp888

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:18:47 PM

such a bad news to open my day?
abelmon66

Activity: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:27:49 PM

The statement of a country like that is usually a country that is afraid of the presence of bitcoin in its country, and I think someday bolivia will realize and will legalize bitcoin.
normensky012

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:40:55 PM

BOLIVIA

Is there any documents, news that can support this bold claims? I haven't read any news yet about this.
tegarp90

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:10:44 PM

BOLIVIA

This is old news and also i think bolivia is not one of the biggest market in cryptocurrency world.
So it will not affect bitcoin price.
If china, korean, japan, russian has a bad news banning bitcoin, you know the market will crash like what happened before.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:12:18 PM

You have to think what Bitcoin being banned means: It means that a government is impotent against it, it cannot control it, and therefore has to go to the end and simply straight ban it completely.

THIS proves that Bitcoin has value, because it is an independent force that escapes the control of anything that isn't it's own hard coded rules and THIS is why it has value.

Now when it comes to this particular case, related to price, it has no impact on it, Bolivia is just too poor to matter market wise, just like Bitcoin being banned in Venezuela doesn't matter, these things cause no odd fluctuations in the price. It's just to be expected that these countries will ban them. A way to measure how fucked a country is is to watch how close are they to ban Bitcoin.
Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:25:36 PM

Perhaps they are planning to copy their neighbour and create a state backed crypto currency. Venezuela has oil so they have a good marketing angle to encourage investors. However bolivia doesn't have such a major resource to sell so perhaps they're just worried that their own currency will be abandoned.
rxkinglampung

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

Kerja Cerdas

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:30:26 PM

Is this true? do you have links to reliable news, so we can read?

if this is really very unfortunate, bad news continues to hit bitcoin, this greatly affects the market price of bitcoin. what I fear is that this will be followed by other countries.

❐ VoxelX   ❐   
███ VoxelX- It's not an idea, it's a BETA  product ███
The Blockchain Powered Medical DICOM-Platform
Bitcoin_trader2016

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

BITCOIN TRADER 2016

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:36:15 PM

Lol spreading the old news trying to trick people and panic to sell there hodlings because of that okd news some weak hands already nervous. Maybe you just want to buy bitcoin in a low price LOL

pri3oner

Activity: 504

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:38:36 PM

When I see news like this I start usually thinking about that contry which banned crypto... It's always a small one. Moreover, I think small countries gotta allow crypto to escalate their economics...

███████████   ███   ████     Ever wish you could turn back time to when BTC was $1?     ████   ███   ███████████
B I T G E S E L L          Decentralized Cryptocurrency
██               ████████     •    Telegram    •    Twitter    •    Discord    •    Thread    •     ████████               ██
lotfiuser

Activity: 1249
Merit: 295

Palestine

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 04:40:39 PM

its an old news but no one really care about centralized banks and goverement in algeria its banned and you can get in jail but we keep trading they cant stop us

Free palestine
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:44:29 PM

Yes it is a very old news and if I remember it correct it was done last 2014. I dont know why the author posted this topic possibly he have its own reasons why. Anyway to refresh us with this topic last May 2014, the declaration was made by the government including the central bank of bolivia to ban bitcoin and cryptocurrency since it is not controlled by the government. The problem is the other countries on South America such a Brazil and Argentina were permissive to cryptocurrency. If we look at it it was only Bolivia among all the countries who banned bitcoin and the rest were permissive.

I guess we should already lock this topic since it is very old.

A news is old because you have read it before but not to someone who just reading it. In between 2014 when the news broke and now, a lot of people have joined the crypto industry and where not opportune to have read the news at the time. I joined in 2016 and this would be the first time I will be reading on the forum concerning the stand of Bolivia against bitcoin and it has even been inexistence since 4 years ago.

I would really want to know how effective the ban has been and if the people engaged in bitcoin then or those who joined in that part of the world have been stopped totally because it seems most the countries that don't have the technical capacity to implement their laws against bitcoin are only doing it to make a statement and not really backed by any action.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: