Author Topic: Camp BX  (Read 629 times)
outofservice (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:56:50 PM

Anyone using this site?
If so, your thoughts on it.

Really would like to know if USD can be stored in your account for instant use.
outofservice (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 09:24:02 PM

They have a Margin Account.
Does that mean your USD sits in that account, ready to be used immediately, without going back and forth to your bank acct until you send it there?

I am new to investing and trading and trying to learn as I go.
I've done well trading so far but some of the things I read on here translate like Chinese... It's English but makes no sense since I don't know the lingo, terminology or acronyms.
redwraith

Activity: 188
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:29:50 PM

Anyone using this site?

Like most of the BTC exchange sites, customer service is lacking if you have a problem.   At CampBX, you can send USD via ACH transfer where after 2 or 3 business days the money should appear in your account.  Once it's there, your purchases are instant. 
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 10:46:12 PM

Anyone using this site?

I use their site and have no issues with it.

Yes, you can send them some USD and leave it on the exchange and wait until a good time to buy in.

Good luck

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
outofservice (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 11:24:47 PM

Anyone using this site?

Yes, you can send them some USD and leave it on the exchange and wait until a good time to buy in.

Good luck

Thanks Joe.

Just to be clear... if you sell btc the dollar amount stays on the site and not to your bank accnt?
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 11:09:32 AM

Anyone using this site?

Good luck

Thanks Joe.

Just to be clear... if you sell btc the dollar amount stays on the site and not to your bank accnt?

Correct, give it a try.

CampBx are good people too.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
outofservice (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:33:23 AM

Anyone using this site?

Good luck

Thanks Joe.

Correct, give it a try.

+2

That's what I've been looking for! Just needed to verify that before moving my coin to their site.
Thanks Joe, good info!
btcsolution

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 04:25:43 AM

Anyone using this site?

Good luck

Thanks Joe.

Correct, give it a try.

+2

That's what I've been looking for! Just needed to verify that before moving my coin to their site.
Thanks Joe, good info!

For God's sake, CampBX are NOT GOOD PEOPLE. I wouldn't be surprised if they are paying people to post favorable reviews lately with all of the other complaints about missing money and horrible customer service. Seriously, just take a look at their BBB page (they have an "F" rating), along with the myriad of other complaints here on this website. In fact, I just got done posting this in another thread:

This should answer your question, taken from my review on their Facebook page:
CampBX has defrauded me out of $1,000 by cashing my money orders and claiming that they never saw them. This is a flat-out lie, since the money order photocopies clearly show that they were cashed by them at their bank on 10/27/13. Since then, CampBX has basically stopped responding to my tickets, only responding on occasion with stall tactics such as:

"Our bank is looking in to your deposits. Surprisingly, bank also does not see them in their logs. Please be patient - banks take their own time." (from 11/8/13)

"Our senior Rep is looking at this issue and resolve., Thanks for the patience and cooperation." (from 12/1/13)

These guys are so full of B.S. it makes my head spin.
outofservice (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 04:32:40 AM

Anyone using this site?

Good luck

Thanks Joe.

Correct, give it a try.

+2

Thanks Joe, good info!

For God's sake, CampBX are NOT GOOD PEOPLE. I wouldn't be surprised if they are paying people to post favorable reviews lately with all of the other complaints about missing money and horrible customer service. Seriously, just take a look at their BBB page (they have an "F" rating), along with the myriad of other complaints here on this website. In fact, I just got done posting this in another thread:

This should answer your question, taken from my review on their Facebook page:
CampBX has defrauded me out of $1,000 by cashing my money orders and claiming that they never saw them. This is a flat-out lie, since the money order photocopies clearly show that they were cashed by them at their bank on 10/27/13. Since then, CampBX has basically stopped responding to my tickets, only responding on occasion with stall tactics such as:

"Our bank is looking in to your deposits. Surprisingly, bank also does not see them in their logs. Please be patient - banks take their own time." (from 11/8/13)

"Our senior Rep is looking at this issue and resolve., Thanks for the patience and cooperation." (from 12/1/13)

These guys are so full of B.S. it makes my head spin.

I have not see any negative reports, not saying there aren't any, I just haven't seen them when reviewing them.
Going to have to look into this.

Would you happen to have any links to support this?
outofservice (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 04:50:40 AM

FYI...
Completed a btc transfer test today from Camp bx to coinbase.
Transaction was immediate. The coin shows in coinbase but listed as "pending".
btcsolution

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 08:08:18 AM

I have not see any negative reports, not saying there aren't any, I just haven't seen them when reviewing them.
Going to have to look into this.

Would you happen to have any links to support this?

Here's a selection to get you started:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=342184.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=283905.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=139772.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=335642.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=281670.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=357533.0

Bear in mind that I got all of these from only page one of the site search using "campbx" as the search term. Plus, one of the above threads entitled "CampBX Support MIA - Are they stealing customer funds?" has the following post from today:

They are doing some serious arbitrage with our money, there is no other explanation for it.

I sold a fraction of a BTC at the peak of the market. They claimed that they could not deposit the money into my bank account.

I checked with the bank, and the bank can actually tell if anybody tried to do an ACH transfer, even it it's a messed up one.

They never even did one. Now they claim that they had to return my money, knowing that I would have to buy BTC to transfer it out.

I suffered a small loss. Lesson learned. Not a big deal, but I will not be using Camp BX anymore.

Pretty damning statement right there.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: