Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:56:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I created MyAltCoins to track all your cryptocurrency assets  (Read 12317 times)
nejat76

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

security,like correctness,is not an add-on feature

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:23:31 PM

How is this safe regarding cryptsy api or with any api that has access to make transactions? We post public & private keypair. Api allows buys & sells.

BTC: 17oqtYLAg8HSD6j44kA5n7KB1CyCufQ5yU  MUCH RECEIVE: DLmyunqvaVf9wqSm1nyfv8pgw7czswXALY  SUCH CAT: 9XCLZMuL3FLLC5AYuqJmUqKjrmD9NrsUrM  WOW SXC : SJojeFfQytbaKMhPtKQJePpNUrCD93cYXB

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
deuteronpsi

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:32:07 PM

How is this safe regarding cryptsy api or with any api that has access to make transactions? We post public & private keypair. Api allows buys & sells.

I'm wondering about that also.
lucacri (OP)

Activity: 73

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 03:56:26 PM

When attempting to import CSV from Coinbase I get:
Error in exception handler.

Also, after adding all of my APIs and receive addresses my overal portfolio balance is nearly twice as much as I actually have.  Before I remove it all and start going through each transaction to find the problems do you have any ideas?  Are there best practices that should be adhered to such as if I have a Cryptsy API should I not also enter the receive address I use for Cryptsy?  Could that be doubling up some transactions?
The idea is that you should use the BlockChain API only for a mining address that is not covered by the other APIs (example: don't use it if you are sending your mined coins automatically to Cryptsy, but use Cryptsy instead)

First thing i'd do is delete all the transactions and import one API at a time to see which one is being a dick, and then tell me Smiley

I did notice that when I add the Cryptsy API that it shows a BTC balance that doesn't exist on Cryptsy.  My current Cryptsy BTC balance is 0 however MyAltCoins shows 2.4872278.
That could be because you are missing some other transactions, like where you spent the 2.48 BTCs (by spent I mean bought other cryptos OR spent/donated)

It would also be helpful to me if I could see a summary of coin balances per address which uses the friendly name that I give to the address.
The system is more intended to be a good view on what you totally hold, and how much you are profiting. I don't store any info about addresses (in most cases i don't even have them from the APIs anyway)

If you want to feel more secure, disable the ability to make transactions in the apis that allow it. Anyway, you can easily find who I am... And i'm not here to run away with anyone's cryptos Cheesy

MyAltCoins.com : keep track of your altcoins
deuteronpsi

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:23:19 PM

The issues seems to be that the Cryptsy API isn't accounting for withdrawals or deposits.  I guess we have to enter those manually?

Any idea why I get the error I mentioned above when attempting to import the Coinbase CSV?

nejat76

Activity: 140

security,like correctness,is not an add-on feature

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:00:40 PM

If you want to feel more secure, disable the ability to make transactions in the apis that allow it. Anyway, you can easily find who I am... And i'm not here to run away with anyone's cryptos Cheesy

Well the problem is not that simple as trusting you or not. I'm not questioning the trustworthiness of you. Sadly, cryptsy doesn't have a setting to customize the api access.

BTC: 17oqtYLAg8HSD6j44kA5n7KB1CyCufQ5yU  MUCH RECEIVE: DLmyunqvaVf9wqSm1nyfv8pgw7czswXALY  SUCH CAT: 9XCLZMuL3FLLC5AYuqJmUqKjrmD9NrsUrM  WOW SXC : SJojeFfQytbaKMhPtKQJePpNUrCD93cYXB
lucacri (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 10:43:21 PM

The issues seems to be that the Cryptsy API isn't accounting for withdrawals or deposits.  I guess we have to enter those manually?

Any idea why I get the error I mentioned above when attempting to import the Coinbase CSV?

Yes you should. What's the error with coinbase? Maybe send me via PM a pastebin with the coinbase selection you are using

Regarding the cryptsy api, yes, i understand you. Cryptsy doesn't let you choose permissions unfortunately. I can tell you tho that the server is secure, the site runs on https, and that more than 200 users (i think) use the cryptsy api import daily..

Whatever makes you feel good at night, my friend Smiley

on an unrelated note, I just finished making a massive change in the calculation of profits/ROIs etc. Check if you see huge discrepancies or stupid numbers..

stanleytwobricks

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:07:18 PM

Very cool. Thanks. Couple suggestions: PMC - Premine, ASR - Astrocoin, GPC - Grumpycoin
imdabest239

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:19:54 AM

I wish someone would make something like this for script coins you enter pool info and it gives you a new link to mine from and i keeps track of every coin mined

st0ned

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:42:30 PM

Awesome site, thank you!!
lucacri (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 03:47:27 PM

Awesome site, thank you!!

You are very welcome!

I'd like to remind everyone that donations are also welcome... this project is taking away a lot of time from my other endeavors...

2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:50:05 PM

My profit turned negative since the change.
lucacri (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 11:49:57 AM

NEW: Added eToken with data from CoinedUp

I made massive changes in the way investments are calculated in order to deduct the profit. The data now should be correct!

lucacri (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 02:18:51 AM

Update! Now you can import your transactions from LocalBitcoins (still in beta, since i don’t use them).

Added VEL ticker data from Cryptsy

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:46:50 AM

Hi Lucacri,

I can't find a valid average purchase price anymore.
Under "average purchase rate" on the Dashboard I see very high figures. e.g. 1NMC=3.3BTC. They are all in whole numbers and should be in fractions.
I see that across the board. Even if I click on the coin name, it is not on the detailed screen.

Still loving the site, but can you have a look please?
IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
lucacri (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 02:03:45 PM

I will give it a look soon, thanks for reporting it

Unrelated note:
New donation option: DOGE! Much donations options!

lucacri (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 09:09:09 PM

PSA: if you used the BTC-E importer, run it again. BTC-E provides data without the fee, so we had to calculate it at import

lucacri (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 04:20:11 AM

Quick and nice bump in the midst of this shaky BTC market

FoBoT

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:20:22 AM

checking this out now, i stopped doing my spread sheet, too much work
hope this is as good as everyone is saying
maybe add UTC from https://crypto-trade.com/ ?
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 02:03:22 PM

I signed up i like what i see so far , looks nice -

so just to be clear , users are just stating what they have and have traded - with options of import from various exchanges or manually ?

if so - I like it, the crypto space needs this.

happy to promote this with Quark, our user base would use something like this .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:37:05 PM

I signed up i like what i see so far , looks nice -

so just to be clear , users are just stating what they have and have traded - with options of import from various exchanges or manually ?

if so - I like it, the crypto space needs this.

happy to promote this with Quark, our user base would use something like this .

Hey digitalindustry, yeah, pretty much as you stated. And I use it to track my Quarks!
It is pretty incredible and the bugs seem worked out from my experience.
If you import data (I don't) just make sure to use an API that doesn't allow modifying data, except for reads, into your account. For security reasons of course.
I like adding things manually but am not a big trader.

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: