Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:08:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "The Investor"  (Read 1685 times)
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 10:17:29 PM

This person obviously had the dough to bring this entire thing back to life. My personal wish is that it stabalizes at $20 for the next couple of months after Bitcon with a slow upward trend. That would be the best thing that could happen to Bitcoin would be a period of stability and growth.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 11:56:35 PM

This person obviously had the dough to bring this entire thing back to life. My personal wish is that it stabalizes at $20 for the next couple of months after Bitcon with a slow upward trend. That would be the best thing that could happen to Bitcoin would be a period of stability and growth.

If you genuinely wish for such a high valuation - then why are you putting forth the idea that the current value is on such shaky ground that it's open to manipulation at the whim of a single investor?  

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
Edward50

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 01:11:01 AM

At least you people are finally able to see the market manipulation that I have been speaking about for so long, and that nobody has belived me. I spoke about him pulling out when the price dropped to $5 dollars.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=36232.0

Well is it not obvious more than ever that he is not back in the game?

The funny thing is he is not buying bitcoins to drive the price higher, which would be easy to do considering the low volume of asks. So it seems that he has a big investment already and is trying to make the demand look higher to force the price higher. This is all manipulation. I am not saying you can not profit from this or not, I am really not sure anymore. But if it was not for this manipulation, which must be done by one or few people, the price would have really been forced down.

I am not really sure the intentions of this person. I am sure that it is no coincidence that he is doing this right before the bitcoin conference. He is betting on the price to go higher after this.

However, I do not think this manipulation can really move the market much higher and continue to afford to pay all the miners for the bitcoins in the long term.

It would be nice if any one has thoughts on this manipulation and where it is going.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 02:42:05 AM

At least you people are finally able to see the market manipulation that I have been speaking about for so long, and that nobody has belived me. I spoke about him pulling out when the price dropped to $5 dollars.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=36232.0

Well is it not obvious more than ever that he is not back in the game?

The funny thing is he is not buying bitcoins to drive the price higher, which would be easy to do considering the low volume of asks. So it seems that he has a big investment already and is trying to make the demand look higher to force the price higher. This is all manipulation. I am not saying you can not profit from this or not, I am really not sure anymore. But if it was not for this manipulation, which must be done by one or few people, the price would have really been forced down.

I am not really sure the intentions of this person. I am sure that it is no coincidence that he is doing this right before the bitcoin conference. He is betting on the price to go higher after this.

However, I do not think this manipulation can really move the market much higher and continue to afford to pay all the miners for the bitcoins in the long term.

It would be nice if any one has thoughts on this manipulation and where it is going.
Well I do think it was more than one person, or maybe we really did see the low? GeniusX is the one that's got me believing in the "investor" lol. Or is it the bot guy?
GeniuSxBoY

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 03:01:39 AM

The bot guy is the heaviest trader and the easiest to follow because of the bot. (I think he is mtgox, since he can see everyone's account information and see money being transferred)

There are a few other heavy hitters but they are unpredictable. They can either strike for the good or for the bad, who knows when and where?

Be humble!
Kermee

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 03:39:44 AM

There's at least two heavy volume bot traders.

Cheers,
Kermee
Edward50

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 12:06:22 AM

The bot guy is the heaviest trader and the easiest to follow because of the bot. (I think he is mtgox, since he can see everyone's account information and see money being transferred)

There are a few other heavy hitters but they are unpredictable. They can either strike for the good or for the bad, who knows when and where?

I agree with you that it is probably someone at mt gox. doing this. They have the cash on hand from all the commissions they get, so why not take advantage of their insider information.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
GeniuSxBoY

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 12:40:42 AM

It's a win/win/win/win for them when the price hit $5.50

A) They snatched up 17000 btc for cheap.
B) They kept Mt Gox alive (which is their main source of income)
C) They were able to save the #3 exchange, all their customers, the customer's patronage to bitcoin, and the revenue from the polish exchange.
D) Boosted the bitcoin community into a rally that led the price to $11.50

Be humble!
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 01:58:53 AM

I always wondered how conspiracy theories got started. Now I get to witness one firsthand.

"THE INVESTOR"

Oh my, really? I know the market is thin, but 'comon man. Oh well, back to the swirling maelstrom of investment conspiracies.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
Kermee

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 04:01:01 AM

I always wondered how conspiracy theories got started. Now I get to witness one firsthand.

"THE INVESTOR"

Oh my, really? I know the market is thin, but 'comon man. Oh well, back to the swirling maelstrom of investment conspiracies.

Here's a headshot of... "The Investor"...

Cheers,
Kermee
SlaveInDebt

Activity: 699

Your Minion

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 08:21:37 AM

Which of "The Investor";s likes 9btc when pushing down Huh

"A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain." - Mark Twain
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: