Poll
Question: What do you use?
Windows - 66 (52.4%)
Linux - 41 (32.5%)
Mac - 19 (15.1%)
Total Voters: 126

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you use - Windows, Linux or Mac? [POLL]  (Read 5633 times)
xkeyscore89

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 04:20:31 PM

I use Windows 7 and a version of Ubuntu Linux running Backtrack 5.
Silverwolf_Ru

Activity: 120

Astrophotographer and Ham Radioist!

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 04:44:15 PM

Windows and Linux. Linux (And Android) has great capabilities for running on old, portable hardware providing astrophotography and scientific support Smiley Windows is used mainly for gaming by me.

Bitcoin: 17kz4pWKoMoVupGUYgj8kGomxXUkDHNtVe
Shadowcoin: Seta8CFwP6yvbeCkgfjxXjpkokrQMQovGF ~Coin of the Future!
CoinGeneral

Activity: 182

The General

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 09:07:11 PM

Mac is such a superior machine for devs and customers. So many tools that are so intuitive and powerful to use. Lets not forget about its security 🎃

your trolling right ?

No, I love macs. BTW Don't reply to ME like I am that OTHER GUY, I'm someone completely different. Now that that is out of the way.

Macs are pretty cool. No their hardware isn't that great, but their operating system is A+++ in my opinion. 100x better than Linux of course. Not better than Windows, no. But easier than Windows, most of the time yes. I say Windows has 1 million times more customization than Mac, but in ease of use, Mac is the way to go.

But my favorite is still Windows. I know I may offend some people when I say Linux sucks, but, it has frustrated me and yes when Vista came out I switched to Linux, I even learned how to do a lot of cool tricks on it, I knew the terminal commands and whatnot, but then Windows 7 came out, I got that, and when I went back into Linux one day, omg frustration out of every fiber of my being. Never again.
Nah, windows sucks imo!
I like macs since OSX is a LOT more stable than any windows or linux (desktop) version. Macs are also great because they are based on UNIX and therefore runs UNIX commands and programs. The mac is on the other hand not very customizable. Linux comes second because it's open source, UNIX commands works, it is 100% customizable and extremely powerful. I don't like windows at all since it is buggy, laggy, closed source, microsoft and there is a lot of malware to that platform.

No if there weren't Windows around, Linux and Mac would not have been created.

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 09:10:43 PM

No, I love macs. BTW Don't reply to ME like I am that OTHER GUY, I'm someone completely different. Now that that is out of the way.

Macs are pretty cool. No their hardware isn't that great, but their operating system is A+++ in my opinion. 100x better than Linux of course. Not better than Windows, no. But easier than Windows, most of the time yes. I say Windows has 1 million times more customization than Mac, but in ease of use, Mac is the way to go.

But my favorite is still Windows. I know I may offend some people when I say Linux sucks, but, it has frustrated me and yes when Vista came out I switched to Linux, I even learned how to do a lot of cool tricks on it, I knew the terminal commands and whatnot, but then Windows 7 came out, I got that, and when I went back into Linux one day, omg frustration out of every fiber of my being. Never again.
Nah, windows sucks imo!
I like macs since OSX is a LOT more stable than any windows or linux (desktop) version. Macs are also great because they are based on UNIX and therefore runs UNIX commands and programs. The mac is on the other hand not very customizable. Linux comes second because it's open source, UNIX commands works, it is 100% customizable and extremely powerful. I don't like windows at all since it is buggy, laggy, closed source, microsoft and there is a lot of malware to that platform.

I don't know about Mac but Linux was created in 1991. We probably can't say that Windows was in its infancy right then (since it was introduced in 1985) but surely not what you mean by being around...

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 10:18:25 PM

Mac is such a superior machine for devs and customers. So many tools that are so intuitive and powerful to use. Lets not forget about its security 🎃

your trolling right ?

Nah, windows sucks imo!

I kind of agree with you. If Windows had been a better, more configurable and more affordable OS Linux would have been unnecessary.

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 10:44:42 PM

I use Windows 7, because gaming is what I'm into, and Linux as well as Mac lacks in this situation.
Well, there are lots of great games in Linux, but, at the end of the day, most are released for Windows. I guess it's just because most of the people are using it Smiley
I started PC gaming when Linux pretty much had no bigger games released on it. Besides, being a huge TES series fan, I can only choose Windows as the games were released on Windows only. Possible to launch from an emulator or a VM maybe, but it won't be running at it it's full capacity.

RebelWorm

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 08:19:35 AM

your trolling right ?

Nah, windows sucks imo!

You're joking, right?
The Mac was developed before Windows. Apple was first with the GUI-system and computer mouse. Bill Gates stole Apples ideas by misusing Steve Jobs trust. So, Microsoft is the bad guys. However, it was the competition between Apple and Microsoft that led to new innovations (for example Microsoft were first with multitasking).
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 02:55:46 PM

I'm using Windows. Don't get me wrong. I am a strong supporter of Linux and I have used Fedora Redhat for many many years.... but I found it quite difficult to use sometimes, so gave up using it all together.
dopey

Activity: 1008
Merit: 514

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:13:55 PM

Alot of Linux guys, that's really refreshing to see.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 03:25:16 PM

Alot of Linux guys, that's really refreshing to see.

It seems that Linux is getting momentum now...

Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:12:40 PM

Why not give an option to choose more than one?

At work I have a company supplied computer running Windows, but I also frequently use systems running on linux (Our NMR machine is run by a RedHat system).

At home I have a Mac, but I drop it into a virtual machine Ubuntu for several things, at this point my Mac is so old that new releases of software do not run on it and so I have resorted to switching to the Linux versions of things (horray for Linux backward compatibility!). The next home computer I get will probably be running Linux of some sort.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
Ecurb123

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:55:45 PM

there have already been two other polls asking this question, one of them I made. But it doesn't hurt to ask again because over time the answers can change.

Off topic question, does anyone know how to find all the threads a user has started? Because I was going to reference the thread I started but actually I don't know how to find it. It was hundreds of posts ago.
player3

Activity: 80

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:38:36 AM

i PREFER linux, but use windows when i need to Civ/Dino D-Day

hownowbrowncow

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 06:46:14 AM

Mac Chiming in. Got a Windows that's mining now, and will setup a Linux when I can find some video cards.
eyjgvfdhbshm

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:13:50 PM

windows 8, because my laptops running windows xp and 7 got bricked. I haven't used Linux since Sony removed otherOS from PS3.

Donations will be used for giveaways!
BTC: 1PNmpp4879V1XXXLbFeDTqDjCi8BRz1Tw6 LTC: LSS7UujMWZVDXyhSV2MFGeP8Ae6NYyrox8
PPC: PErALvT7ZXhY9emiNbqPE3buufCEcXwE5u NMC: N55obyUbbtBLsoVkZtsxmgYaLCAc4FtGpt
catquarks

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:28:46 PM

I have different versions of Linux on all my machines, but a few of them double-boot with Windows 7. I make music with Ubuntu Studio.

I don't like Apple, but it has nothing to do with their software: their knack for planned obsolescence gives me environmental cramps. So wasteful -- and expensive.
Hova

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:36:59 PM

i like gaming so i use windows
peta4e

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 07:48:36 PM

Not a question Linux is the only logical and ethical choice : )
Bagatell

Activity: 722

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 07:53:19 PM

Not a question Linux is the only logical and ethical choice : )

Still sux for making music.
t1000

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 12:12:12 AM

Linux ftw. All my mining rigs are running linux.

Did you find my posts helpful? Did I say say something nice? Your generosity is much appreciate.
BTC: 1G7chBLoYqGfdyfkrox53yDn6sS65PgFYk
LTC: LiYeFdbv5oxin9S3Wmn4v84LuGZ9nsE4XZ
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: