Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:28:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trustworthy Cryptostockexchanges?  (Read 1115 times)
X68N (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 03:08:37 AM

Hello,

i am new to cryptostocks.
I started as a miner 2 years ago, then switched to trading 6 Months ago and now i found crypto stocks  Cheesy
I made a lot of experiences with exchanges so i know there a bad and good.

Can someone give me an tip, if there is a king of ranking site for the biggest (by volume) and trusted cryptostock sites?
(i want mainly invest in shares of exchanges)

YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM meine Steuerdatei:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=612741.msg19244732#msg19244732

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MilkyLep

Activity: 583

Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 03:27:09 AM

Hold onto your BTC until 2014. Then look into investing in BTC stocks.

Either you own the bitcoins(private keys) or you don't. However with moneroj, nobody knows what you own.
Secure. Private. Untraceable.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 04:52:24 AM

Hello,

i am new to cryptostocks.
I started as a miner 2 years ago, then switched to trading 6 Months ago and now i found crypto stocks  Cheesy
I made a lot of experiences with exchanges so i know there a bad and good.

Can someone give me an tip, if there is a king of ranking site for the biggest (by volume) and trusted cryptostock sites?
(i want mainly invest in shares of exchanges)

Currently most popular exchanges are havelock, 796.com, crypto-trade, and cryptostocks. I believe havelock has the most volume out of these sites.

There is also Mpex.co which claims to be a btc stock exchange but is really just a shitty scheme that costs 30btc to take part in.

Inb4mpoeprspam
jimmothy

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 05:12:48 AM

Inb4mpoeprspam
That's not how inb4 werks.

Anyway OP, be aware that a lot of exchanges closed in a bad way, or that some are starting to get quite shady. And then there's the number of scams on these actual exchanges. So far, not investing is quite the safest bet.

Oh really is it not? Because Mpoe-pr will post anywhere he/she can advertise their scheme.

I don't think OP asked for investing advice as I am sure he/she knows the risks. OP just wants to know about the exchanges us "investors" are using and currently I would say havelock and 796.com are the most trustworthy as they have been around for quite a while without any BS. Crypto-trade looks promising as well but I have yet to really look in to it. Cryptostocks has horrible customer support and fees and a bunch of other nonsense so I wouldn't trade there.
jimmothy

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 06:02:26 AM

I read too fast. inb4mpoeprSPAM, indeed.
And yet she will be right.

Havelock trustworthy and without BS? Where have you been lately?

Operating more than a year without one hiccup? Please fill me in with any BS I missed with havelock.

And lol @ mpoe-pr being right. Have you seen that "blog" of his? If mpoe-pr said anything "right" then I am sure he/she would not be ignored by half the forum. But clearly people are buying in to the bullshit he/she spouts or mpex wouldn't continue to operate/scam to this day.
X68N (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 06:56:36 AM

thanks for the replies so far.
So places by Volume are
1. havelock
2. 796.com
3. crypto-trade
4. and cryptostocks

is that correct?

What experiences did you have with customer support, do they have one?
(i wan't be goxed again Grin)

kopipe

Activity: 246
Merit: 124

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 07:08:35 AM

There is also Mpex.co which claims to be a btc stock exchange but is really just a shitty scheme that costs 30btc to take part in.

Inb4mpoeprspam

You do not need to pay 30BTC to use MPEX. You can just use a broker like https://coinbr.com

コピペ copypaste
jimmothy

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 07:13:05 AM

Inb4mpoeprspam

You do not need to pay 30BTC to use MPEX. You can just use a broker like https://coinbr.com

Which is nonsense as well. Paying a single satoshi is too much to get involved in such a shitty site/scheme.
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 04:05:55 PM

Inb4mpoeprspam

Which is nonsense as well. Paying a single satoshi is too much to get involved in such a shitty site/scheme.

Even if the site were awesome, it has no stocks worth trading - except for S.MPOE (the exchange itself). That has about as much value for traders as joining a human centipede.

canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 04:16:23 PM

At least those stocks didn't lose 90% of their value like all Havelock stocks.
Or get delisted without every paying anything.
Or listing blatant scams (Labcoin), overpriced IPOs etc.

Somewhat less mediocre than the other guy - that's quite the endorsement.  Roll Eyes The above makes it seem like you are somewhat suggesting to the OP that he should use MPEX. Is the point you're trying to make?

Duffer1

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 09:55:00 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2014, 05:14:27 PM by Duffer1

So places by Volume are
1. havelock
2. 796.com
3. crypto-trade
4. and cryptostocks

is that correct?

Not a single one of those exchanges has an offering that came anywhere close to performing as well as BTC itself.  Worse, ALL of their offerings lose value as BTC appreciates.  On top of that, most stocks on havelock haven't even started paying divs (despite some being listed for a year), 796 is almost certainly fractional reserve (on top of .3% just to withdrawal BTC), Cryptostocks lists known scams without regard for anyone or anything other than money.

If you want to "invest" in anything crypto, don't.  Or at the very least learn to MPEX.
jimmothy

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:01:31 PM

So places by Volume are
1. havelock
2. 796.com
3. crypto-trade
4. and cryptostocks

is that correct?

Not a single one of those exchanges has an offering that came anywhere close to performing as well as BTC itself.  Worse, ALL of their offerings lose value as BTC appreciates.  On top of that, most stocks on havelock haven't even started paying divs (despite some being listed for a year), 796 is almost certainly fractional reserve (on top of .3% just to withdrawal BTC), Cryptostocks lists known scams without regard for anyone or anything other than money.

If you want to "invest" in anything crypto, don't.  Or at the very least wait until Ciphertrade is online, and/or learn to MPEX.

Learn to Mpex? You mean pay 30btc and gamble with futures or invest in worthless stocks? Look at s.mg listed on mpex.. not a single dividend and share value is doing worse than most stocks on havelock (even though it is listed on havelock as a passthrough). Although havelock has had shitty luck with the securities it offered in terms of share value depreciating, they still offer a great service regardless of the profitability caused by its securities. And some stocks like asicminer have returned 300% initial investment which is more than any stock on mpex.co can say.

I do agree that it is unlikely any stock keep up with the ridiculous rate btc is growing but that is for the investor to decide. But again I don't think OP is looking for advice on what to invest in. He simply wants to know where he can invest and those 4 sites do a pretty good job handling the exchanges.

If OP has a magic crystal ball and 30btc to waste than mpex.co might be the perfect place to go.
X68N (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 02:05:57 AM

ok thanks for the wanrings, i think it is not worth so far if the majority is scam / doesnt pay what they promise.

seems like i must go to classical paper stock investments  Grin.
Just joking.

anastas

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:35:07 PM

So places by Volume are
1. havelock
2. 796.com
3. crypto-trade
4. and cryptostocks

is that correct?

If you want to "invest" in anything crypto, don't.  Or at the very least learn to MPEX.

If I'm not mistaken Neo floats somewhere above IPO even though a) there are still shares available at IPO through their own portal, and b) The IPO was before the BTC rise. So yeah, no dividends yet (I understand operations are starting next month) but I wouldn't go so far as to say there are 0 securities performing.
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:18:01 PM

I'd recommend keeping money in exchanges a little as possible.

I'll tell you what happened to me anyways:  I deposited money to a big stock exchange know as Bitfunder.  Turns out that the fuck-guy Ukyo was using money people deposited as his own personal wallet, making stupid investments which crashed.

I'd wait until a de-centralized exchange is set up, this should come eventually, ppl are working on it.  Until then, unfortunately there are too many scam artists out there, many sites and stocks have taken money and vanished with it.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████