Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:28:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IXcoin -- enough is enough!  (Read 8980 times)
SmokeAndMirrors

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 07:31:13 PM

I could care less about people forking around but if you're going to complain about it.. do it on their forums. We've got enough worthless threads here.

Help Bitcoins by buying clothes, technology, books, etc. through people/stores that accept BTC. This will increase overall value of BTC as well as mitigate unnecessary bank transaction fees.

My address -
1EM9HGg1SEa5Bux1rVEPxGqGSfNTTc9EkC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 07:39:30 PM

People are suckers and only suckers care about IXcoin.

Mind if I use your quote in my sig later on?

And anyone care to answer my question about the coins Satoshi mined b4 the release of Bitcoin?

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
hamburger

Activity: 241
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2011, 07:43:49 PM

Just wait for it! pattycoin is on it's way! Grin

Datacoin : DHZ6H91fsDoBHbdqED3ysCJJ2TUh3zRMZD
Krugercoin : Yz3A9sTMp2yh5QLuAL8YQyvS5PdjHRHkkf
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 08:01:02 PM

gabicoin will be the best, no doubt about that

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 09:24:13 PM

When you're talking about an open-source alternative currency, forks are NOT a good thing.

If you're talking about software, electronics, etc. then competition is great. The more the merrier.

But Bitcoin is already around -- it's open source, not owned by one company. We should *want* everyone's efforts concentrated on one electronic currency. Competition is a bad thing in a case like this.

It's less like Verizon vs AT&T and more like VHS vs Beta or HD-DVD vs Blu-ray. Until one prevails, everyone's going to "wait and see". You can't have umpteen open formats competing for the same 5,000 people.

If Satoshi did not want multiple block chains to start he would have made it closed source. This is open source and the free market. You can't stop either if people are willing to contribute or mine.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

bcpokey

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 10:03:42 PM

From the point of view of creating an alternate currency, IXCoin is stupid and a clearly profit minded creation by the founder, don't bring up the bullshit about bounties, that's just window dressing. It is not at all advantageous to have a competing virtual currency when there is not yet any establishment for usage of any virtual currency yet.

From the point of view of a miner, we follow the money trail, bitcoin mining was created with that idea in mind, and ixcoin is taking advantage of the culture arising out of that. If it's profitable to mine ixcoins, why shouldn't miners mine it?

From the OPs point of view though, I don't think it's a bad idea for people to reiterate to the masses that are willing to listen that IXCoin is total nonsense, and far more of a runaway train than bitcoin, with nothing to provide anyone except more numbers, and even less likely to go anywhere.

So, everyone is right in their own regard.

EDIT: Looking at the numbers though it is currently about 1/3rd as profitable to mine ixcoins as bitcoins at the moment. So, good luck with that.
teflone

Activity: 770

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 10:21:39 PM

Holy shit... hell hath frozen over..

I kinda agree with Angulus this time... 

Im going to go check on a local farm to see if any pigs are flyin....

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 11:00:51 PM

From the point of view of creating an alternate currency, IXCoin is stupid and a clearly profit minded creation by the founder, don't bring up the bullshit about bounties, that's just window dressing. It is not at all advantageous to have a competing virtual currency when there is not yet any establishment for usage of any virtual currency yet.

From the point of view of a miner, we follow the money trail, bitcoin mining was created with that idea in mind, and ixcoin is taking advantage of the culture arising out of that. If it's profitable to mine ixcoins, why shouldn't miners mine it?

From the OPs point of view though, I don't think it's a bad idea for people to reiterate to the masses that are willing to listen that IXCoin is total nonsense, and far more of a runaway train than bitcoin, with nothing to provide anyone except more numbers, and even less likely to go anywhere.

So, everyone is right in their own regard.

EDIT: Looking at the numbers though it is currently about 1/3rd as profitable to mine ixcoins as bitcoins at the moment. So, good luck with that.

Yup good luck with that! I cashed in my ixcoins for over 200 btc =).

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

Tx2000

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 11:07:41 PM

Sell! Sell! Sell!
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 02:20:29 AM

what is there really to say? this was a predictable event that was bound to happen and expect
more clones to pop up in just a few hours.

the people shouting for joy about how much money they made simply found a greater fool to sell to.
at least bitcoin was an original idea that had merit and thus people trying it out have reasons beyond and above
just monetary profit if they desire those goals.

at first i found the drama interesting but now i just do not care.. this will probably be my last post about it...
unless of course it succeeds and i will state i was wrong months/a year from now in a future post.
AngelusWebDesign (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 03:44:07 AM

BIG DIFFERENCE between early Bitcoin miners and early IXcoin miners:

Bitcoin miners might have been in it for the virtual currency/anonymous, global payment aspect -- after all, if they were after any of those things, BTC was the only option.

Whereas today IXcoin miners can't say the same thing. They can always go with Bitcoin.
ovidiusoft

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 07:09:54 AM

I don't really understand why everybody is bashing ixcoin. They are very clear of their intent - generate all coins faster, but keep the rest intact. I think this is absolutely excellent - we have a single difference that we can study. And possibly a final argument in the "inflation-deflation" debate. I want the ixcoin project to catch on so that we see it reach maturity in 2015. It will be interesting.

And no, I don't think competition is bad. As long as there are users of both currencies, there will be exchanges and people will have choices. Choices are never bad.

Whether the guy who started ixcoin has a lot of coins stashed, whether he plans to cash in and screw the users, I don't know. It's also irrelevant, IMHO. In the end, people will use (or not) ixcoin because it is useful to them, not based on someone else's proffits.
triforcelink

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 07:30:07 AM

Ultimately the better player will win. We can look at these competitor chains as our challengers, and we can only defeat them by becoming better ourselves.

Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 09:16:19 AM
Last edit: August 16, 2011, 09:35:17 AM by Oldminer

Ultimately the better player will win. We can look at these competitor chains as our challengers, and we can only defeat them by becoming better ourselves.

Its not a case of being better. IXCoin is not in competition with Bitcoin. There's no reason the 2 currencies cant exist side by side as silver does with gold.

Edit: btw IXCoin is selling for as little as 0.00279900 atm. The lowest price you could get them for only 2 days ago was 0.00649900. Get your orders in before the price rise...

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
bcpokey

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 09:25:31 AM

Its not a case of being better. IXCoin is not in competition with Bitcoin. There's no reason the 2 currencies cant exist side by side as silver does with gold.

A number of flaws with that analogy, silver and gold are not currencies. Silver and gold both have separate qualities that make them useful on their own (industrial applications and so on). Both have physical properties which make them intrinsically valuable, and are distinct from each other.

None of these are true of Bitcoin/IXcoin, both are attempting to become currencies, they have no real intrinsic value aside from their suitability as currency (by design), and there is nothing distinctive between the two, other than the rate at which they are generated. Hence they are of course going to be in competition with each other.
Vladimir

Activity: 812

-

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 10:06:28 AM

I hope not too many people are taking this "fork" seriously.
I think it is you who is taking IXcoin too seriously!

LOL, Ribuck is as usual hitting a bulls eye having said no more than a handful of words.

I personally, just love IXcoin and it's ilk. Look at the difficulty decrease. We need more of these "mee too" currencies so taht the short term speculators have a new playground while me and my clients and other BTC miners have more bitcoins. I'd say it is a win-win.

-
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 11:06:54 AM

Btw, didnt Satoshi mine Bitcoins before releasing it to the public? And what were these coins used for?

Satoshi went public right away, I think, although there was not much interest. 73% of the coins mined in 2009 ("by satoshi and friends") where never moved. See here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=37333.msg459338#msg459338. So he and the other early early miners either kept or lost the majority of their coins.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 11:08:28 AM

Edit: btw IXCoin is selling for as little as 0.00279900 atm. The lowest price you could get them for only 2 days ago was 0.00649900. Get your orders in before the price rise...

Or crashes to hell?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 11:11:54 AM

Or crashes to hell?

Maybe. I dunno, you buying any lol? I know at the very least Im getting me some for a rainy day in hell Wink

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 11:42:47 AM

I don't really understand why everybody is bashing ixcoin. They are very clear of their intent - generate all coins faster, but keep the rest intact. I think this is absolutely excellent - we have a single difference that we can study. And possibly a final argument in the "inflation-deflation" debate.

There's a lot more differences than just the changes to the parameters: IXCoin is nothing new, it can use BTC as currency for exchange, whereas bitcoin has to use fiat currencies to get value in.

You can't compare 2 slightly different seeds if you put them in completely different soil.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: