Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:42:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IXcoin -- enough is enough!  (Read 8982 times)
Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 11:51:45 AM

The only people defending this are the people who signed up for bounties as moderators etc...

I have yet to see a 'regular' user  recommend ixcoin to anyone

Everything about this reeks of a desperate attempt to pump&dump, then withdraw everything and watch the currency collapse

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 12:00:05 PM

I don't really understand why everybody is bashing ixcoin. They are very clear of their intent - generate all coins faster, but keep the rest intact. I think this is absolutely excellent - we have a single difference that we can study. And possibly a final argument in the "inflation-deflation" debate.

There's a lot more differences than just the changes to the parameters: IXCoin is nothing new, it can use BTC as currency for exchange, whereas bitcoin has to use fiat currencies to get value in.

You can't compare 2 slightly different seeds if you put them in completely different soil.

Wait..whos to say the price of IXCoin will always be pegged to BTC  Huh

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
ovidiusoft

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 12:14:08 PM

There's a lot more differences than just the changes to the parameters: IXCoin is nothing new, it can use BTC as currency for exchange, whereas bitcoin has to use fiat currencies to get value in.

Either I don't correctly understand what you're saying (English is not my mother tongue) or you are wrong. Who said you can't exchange ixcoin to fiat currencies?

The only people defending this are the people who signed up for bounties as moderators etc...

I don't recommend it to anyone. I don't use it myself, I actually only found out about it this morning (I'm a BTC newbie too). But I still would like to see how this experiment will end - reaching the coins limit and inflation/deflation issues that will appear. This is something that we will not see with BitCoin any time soon. Before I decide to base my small IT business on BitCoin, it would help me to know what would happen. I started to consider ixcoin as BitCoin or steroids Smiley
Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 12:24:05 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2011, 12:36:20 PM by Oldminer

Either I don't correctly understand what you're saying (English is not my mother tongue) or you are wrong. Who said you can't exchange ixcoin to fiat currencies?

You cant atm but whos to say you wont be able to later?

I started to consider ixcoin as BitCoin or steroids Smiley

Yup. Good way of putting it. Didnt get in early on Bitcoin? No problem - IXCoin gives you a second chance. But you have to get in early. As it stands atm IXCoin is worth nothing but it is exchangeable for Bitcoin and transfers are fast. Nows your chance to be an early adopter. And 'early adopter' means 'early adopter' - not "oh look the price is going up think I might get on" lol

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 12:24:53 PM

I was trying to say IXCoin has the advantage of being able to bootstrap via BTC. Much easier, as we all know, than having to build exchanges that handle USD/EUR/... and also much easier for people to get money into. I didn't mean to imply it's not possible to trade IXC directly to fiat. I doubt it'll be done, though, because IXCoin is a scheme to get money from people. BTC is just the easiest to use, because everyone susceptible to this scam probably has bitcoins.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 02:34:24 PM

Everything about this reeks of a desperate attempt to pump&dump, then withdraw everything and watch the currency collapse

You were correct sir. Price hit 0.0003btc down from 0.006btc earlier in the same 24 hour period.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

jpinconline

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 04:49:55 PM

People are suckers and only suckers care about IXcoin.

That's what everybody told me about Bitcoin.

Me too... but ixcoin just has pump and dump written all over it
shotgun

Activity: 98
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 05:05:05 PM

You were correct sir. Price hit 0.0003btc down from 0.006btc earlier in the same 24 hour period.

Was pumped up, now just smells like dump.

<luke-jr> Catholics do not believe in freedom of religion.
triforcelink

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 06:44:22 PM

Ultimately the better player will win. We can look at these competitor chains as our challengers, and we can only defeat them by becoming better ourselves.

Its not a case of being better. IXCoin is not in competition with Bitcoin. There's no reason the 2 currencies cant exist side by side as silver does with gold.

Edit: btw IXCoin is selling for as little as 0.00279900 atm. The lowest price you could get them for only 2 days ago was 0.00649900. Get your orders in before the price rise...
They are competing for our attention, the one with more eyeballs will most likely have the highest value.

Welvis

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2011, 06:10:49 AM

Won't bitcoins always have more eyeballs as any inquiry about ixcoin will either come from bitcoin or lead back to bitcoin?
AngelusWebDesign (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 06:22:32 AM

Like I said -- Bitcoin is alive and well, and IXcoin offers nothing to the party.

IXcoin isn't solving a single problem that Bitcoin itself has. What, does Bitcoin not have enough inflation? I disagree. I think the coins produced are PLENTY. If every miner sold what he produced, the price would drop $1 every week (it was for a while there). Fortunately the price of Bitcoin, many miners are in it for the long haul, keeping their BTC until the price goes much higher.

For example, IXcoin doesn't come with an ecosystem of auxiliary businesses & websites that make doing business with Bitcoin easy, risk-free, painless, etc. Now THAT would be something useful!
Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 06:23:37 AM

Won't bitcoins always have more eyeballs as any inquiry about ixcoin will either come from bitcoin or lead back to bitcoin?

Quite possibly. But then iXcoin isnt trying to compete with Bitcoin.

bcpokey

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 07:01:25 AM

Compete or die, or just die. That works too.

I like how people ignore statements like "oh its .0027 buy in now!" right before the price drops to .0003 heh.
BadPenny

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 02:38:55 PM

What a foolish statement.  What is it doing?

ixcoin or I0coin or whatthehellever is ABSOLUTELY trying to compete with Bitcoin.

I owe my soul to the company store.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 03:13:55 PM

What a foolish statement.  What is it doing?

ixcoin or I0coin or whatthehellever is ABSOLUTELY trying to compete with Bitcoin.

IXCoin is a scheme to shovel bitcoin into the founder's pockets, which sadly seems to have worked well. As the promoters themselves said: It's not a competition to bitcoin per se. It's competing for hashing power, though, which is - as has been pointed out by many - a good thing for the miners of bitcoin.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 04:48:54 PM

I'm a regular user (though I wouldn't turn down a 5K bounty to be a mod Tongue) and I mined them and sold them on the Bitparking exchange and came away with something like 3.5x what I would have made in Bitcoins if I had been mining Bitcoins the entire time.  Now I'm on to I0coin, but it doesn't look as promising.  I was mining as soon as the Windows app was released but at this point I only have about 200 I0coins Sad

Mousepotato
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 05:08:20 PM

But then iXcoin isnt trying to compete with Bitcoin.

Do explain what is it that Ixcoin is trying to do! We are all eager to listen/read to that exquisit plan!
bcpokey

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 05:37:01 PM

I'm a regular user (though I wouldn't turn down a 5K bounty to be a mod Tongue) and I mined them and sold them on the Bitparking exchange and came away with something like 3.5x what I would have made in Bitcoins if I had been mining Bitcoins the entire time.  Now I'm on to I0coin, but it doesn't look as promising.  I was mining as soon as the Windows app was released but at this point I only have about 200 I0coins Sad

Obviously the same scam works only half as well the second time around. Though you must have a tiny hashrate to get only 200 I0coins in 12hours. Even at the very start when I was getting around 85% stales on a pool (was suspicious of trojans from the coind) I got 200i0Coins in about an hour at the starting difficulty. When things started to smooth out around 256 difficulty the coins really started to flow.

Sadly however the price dropped faster than anticipated, and currently is hovering near parity with bitcoin mining. Next difficulty or if it drops below .002268, you will mine i0coins at a loss, and the party will be over. But was fun while it lasted, even if it didn't last as long as Ixcoin.
Mousepotato

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 05:44:17 PM

But then iXcoin isnt trying to compete with Bitcoin.

Do explain what is it that Ixcoin is trying to do! We are all eager to listen/read to that exquisit plan!

Pump & dump maybe?

Mousepotato
Mousepotato

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 05:47:33 PM

Obviously the same scam works only half as well the second time around. Though you must have a tiny hashrate to get only 200 I0coins in 12hours. Even at the very start when I was getting around 85% stales on a pool (was suspicious of trojans from the coind) I got 200i0Coins in about an hour at the starting difficulty. When things started to smooth out around 256 difficulty the coins really started to flow.

I'm working with about 1300 MH/s and I had found 80+ blocks early on.  Then, like a lot of others have reported, my entire balance was wiped and all my blocks were invalidated.  So I gave up and went back to mining BTC for a while until difficulty 256.  Even then I had like 90%+ stales.

Mousepotato
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: