Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:02:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Serious Trading Discussion - Experts Allowed - "Bears Only!"  (Read 1811 times)
Salivan

Activity: 195
Merit: 102

DiMS dev team

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:05:18 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2013, 11:15:43 PM by Salivan

bitcoin is doomed it is  over..
it the main reason why it will fall below 550 and than bounce back to 750
sell now

EDIT:
didn't you noticed how expensive one coin is it is perfectly unsustainable.
It is obvious that price tag 400 USD is affordable but 900 is insane why nobody is noticing it
uyo

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 12:03:10 AM

The first rule is not to worry Wink You know that with proper risk management you can be wrong this trade, or the next one too, but a good one covers all the losses and leave some extra "points". Although it's almost impossible to apply some consistent risk management in the Bitcoin market, now we seem to enter a period, when that could work for a while.

There really wasn't much of buying power in China lately, but sellers seemed to be vanishing this weekend as well. Price is now hovering around 5300 resistance, China is waking up for the new week, so lets see the activity. Gox and Bitstamp traders are willing to sell just as much as China drags them down, and even less. So we really might be close to the bottom.

I'm out of BTC, and my orders are waiting between $600 to $820. However, I'm gradually loading a position in LTC, as there is a higher chance that some news will come out and take it...to da moon Cheesy; and if there is no news, at least it hedges my absence in BTC market.

Not sure if I meet your definition of a bear, perhaps partly I do.
windjc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 12:04:05 AM

bitcoin is doomed it is  over..
sell now

EDIT:
It is obvious that price tag 400 USD is affordable but 900 is insane why nobody is noticing it

Good job. Its nice to finally have a real bear in this thread.

Wink
windjc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 12:08:00 AM

The sun in our solar system has a limited life span. If we have not colonized deep space by that time, Bitcoin will fail.

Another excellent point I hadn't considered. Just amped my bearness to 10.435
e521

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 12:10:04 AM

down trend for a few days but I have't seen a huge drop like last weekend and many before
new money is not coming in because of christmas, maybe we need to wait for the first week of january for some movement
my orders are still waiting between 515 and 560..

mvidetto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 12:15:20 AM

We won't see any growth in the bitcoin community until there are some serious regulations made in the economy.  Only then will the wall streets and big money come on the scene, anyone else saying otherwise is delusional.  The reason the price hasn't dropped is because of large whales manipulating the prices by using hundreds of coins during low volume intervals.  Once price begins to slide like right now (for anyone watching order books on gox) a $50-60 drop is in sight. 
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 12:25:20 AM

this thread.... wtf

where are all the bears?

your all a bunch of bulls pretending to be bears, so weird O.o

windjc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 12:30:21 AM

this thread.... wtf

where are all the bears?

your all a bunch of bulls pretending to be bears, so weird O.o

Join us.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 07:41:12 AM

this thread.... wtf

where are all the bears?

Bears can't stand Serious Trading Discussion at such a high academic level as in this thread! They all are still at fingerpainting lines on graphs level.

i am satoshi
CryptStorm

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:42:17 AM

OK, well, nice thread here. You asked, so...

I mentioned a number of times (on the Wall) that I believe that all of those people that have newly heard about Bitcoin, and can do something about it, and are willing to do something about it, have either bought in, or took one look at April's chart and are on the sidelines waiting (and probably there aren't that many, since speculators tend to want to speculate *now*). The institutional folks are not included, as they move much slower and won't even start buying until Q1 and Q2 next year (legalz stuffz and stuffz).

Put another way, this wave of adoption is complete and all the noise behind it is recursive. I've got buys set pretty low, well below 700, though I will say they aren't below 425. My belief is that those are good long term entry points, for my situation. I am anticipating the next run up in the spring or the summer, or even next fall, looking towards selling off at 2500 - 4250, and buying in again after that run-up (around 1500-1800?). *pulls magic numbers out of ass*

Someday, I will have an avatar, maybe.
jasonjm

Activity: 1288
Merit: 524

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 07:38:32 AM

this thing is going to crash hard up until jan 30th, the date when the chinese have to get their bitcoins "out" by.

After that whoever hasn't dumped is in it for the long haul.

I reckon $270 perhaps down to $130 will be seen before jan 30th 2014.

Bottom pick on feb 1st 2014 if you must.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Salivan

Activity: 195
Merit: 102

DiMS dev team

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 07:57:44 AM

bitcoin is doomed it is  over..
sell now

EDIT:

I guess my insight was  deeper than I initially thought
windjc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 08:24:49 AM

this thing is going to crash hard up until jan 30th, the date when the chinese have to get their bitcoins "out" by.

Lol. You guys know that this is a pseudo-bear thread made entirely for my own personal amusement.

Btw, why is it you only show up with Bitcoin is dumping?

I'll take a bet on that $270 low if you'd like Wink
jasonjm

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 08:39:30 AM

Lol. You guys know that this is a pseudo-bear thread made entirely for my own personal amusement.

Btw, why is it you only show up with Bitcoin is dumping?

I'll take a bet on that $270 low if you'd like Wink

meh, I am not invested in bitcoin anymore, financially or emotionally. If it goes to $270 or under I may or may not buy some, not sure. If it never gets there, I am definitely never buying any. But either way I have lost almost all my interest in cryptos. Still mining these stupid litecoins and selling them as fast as i can.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
piramida
Legendary

Borsche

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 08:41:34 AM

definitely never buying any

Smiley Looks like another one offended by the Coin. Most people are strangely offended when the coin does something they didn't expect, like move 6x upwards right after they sell. But reality is, coin does not care if you ignore it, but you should care, or you will be sorry. Ask Edward50, he's offended all the way from $2, because coin never went to $1 again, how well he does financially. Join him Smiley

i am satoshi
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 08:50:02 AM

I'm a bear, but not a BTC follower. Nor LTC. -yet-

If I play for a longer term, I'll go to other coins. Which of course need to be investigated before we do anything.

The thing which happened last night, was amazing.

I'm newbie to the whole crypto-market thing, nor I'm good with math. I just do the opposite what the sheep masses do : )
-Common Logic

Pis ma neeghers

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
windjc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 10:07:55 AM

definitely never buying any

Smiley Looks like another one offended by the Coin. Most people are strangely offended when the coin does something they didn't expect, like move 6x upwards right after they sell. But reality is, coin does not care if you ignore it, but you should care, or you will be sorry. Ask Edward50, he's offended all the way from $2, because coin never went to $1 again, how well he does financially. Join him Smiley

Generally, I would say that's nonsense. But in this case I think you might be right. Jason is a trader, which means, theoretically he should just be here to make money. And there's nothing much easier to trade in the world than bitcoin, if you study the charts.

So one must assume that someones pride got hurt or someone is a little scared of the big swings in crypto.

Because, Jason, sometime in the next 10 years the crypto market is going to be over 100 billion $$. Most likely over 500.  And even those crappy LTC that you can't get rid of fast enough will at some point have been worth 100s each.

And even made up - for fun coins, like BBQcoin will be worth dollars each. At some point.

And you could have made millions. Even if you only trade with 10k today. You could have made millions.

Don't let your pride get in the way my friend.
piramida
Legendary

Borsche

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 10:12:57 AM

Generally, I would say that's nonsense. But in this case I think you might be right. Jason is a trader, which means, theoretically he should just be here to make money. And there's nothing much easier to trade in the world than bitcoin, if you study the charts.

Yep, he says he is a trader but I now seriously doubt it, traders welcome huge swings like that and ride them out. They don't try to predict tops or bottoms and get offended when they totally miss - kids do.

i am satoshi
jasonjm

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 03:49:26 PM

Yeah guys. Because making 500 percent returns in less than a year is normal. Every trade works out like that.  I am really upset about that.  I calculated by the year 2029 I will be a trillionaire all I have to do is make 500 percent on every trade.  So easy.

Pretty much everyone involved in bitcoin is greedy beyond imagination. That's why I don't think this ends well at all,  never seen more greed in my life.

█████████████████████