Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:46:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do i buy now?  (Read 6230 times)
adam9317 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 02:48:28 PM

With the recent mini dip in bitcoin, do I buy now or do I leave it?

Thank you

piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 02:52:13 PM

you buy now, then tomorrow, then the day after and every other day, too.

i am satoshi
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 02:52:27 PM

Buy now, stop waiting!
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 02:55:01 PM

Thank you

My next buy in is at sub $600.....

.....but this sucker could eventually easily go down as low as $300.

Be aware of what you are playing with here.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 03:00:19 PM

Thank you

Constant mentioning of those 500s you're waiting for will not bring you closer to it  Wink

BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 03:00:32 PM

You will find just as many people telling you to buy that tell you not to buy. You better research the market for yourself so you don't have to blame some random person on the internet for giving you bad advice.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

Salivan

Activity: 195
Merit: 102

DiMS dev team

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 03:05:40 PM

Thank you

if its really goes to 300$ please  put me all on ignore, because it means am insane.
busy leaving in parallel world where if  somebody buys  5 mil( or more ) coins  with average price 780  it establishes new floor almost unbreakable one.
Believing that volume  its all what matters in this  market
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 03:10:11 PM

You buy when the price is lower than what you think the discounted future value of bitcoin is.

Or, like most here in spec, you can be a "trader" and delude yourself into thinking that you're better at timing than all the other weak-minded reactionary thinkers who are deluding themselves into thinking they are better at timing...

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
MatTheCat

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 03:11:35 PM

Thank you

Constant mentioning of those 500s you're waiting for will not bring you closer to it  Wink

Will it not!?

DAMN! It seemed to work so well last week as well!

Wait, I know what I did different last time, I posted my Bitstamp buy in tranches:

Order type   Date and time   BTC amount   Bitcoin price   Order value      
Buy   Dec. 15, 2013, 2:01 p.m.   3.50000000   $610.00   $2,135.00   
Buy   Dec. 15, 2013, 2 p.m.           5.00000000   $580.00   $2,900.00
Buy   Dec. 13, 2013, 5:30 p.m.   9.00000000   $550.00   $4,950.00   
Buy   Dec. 11, 2013, 6:24 p.m.   6.00000000   $500.00   $3,000.00
Buy   Dec. 11, 2013, 6:24 p.m.   6.00000000   $480.00   $2,880.00   
Buy   Dec. 11, 2013, 6:25 p.m.   4.50000000   $440.00   $1,980.00   

NB* The above buy plan is in state of constant flux.

There! That should do it! Now to sit back and wait on yet more easy profits!

if its really goes to 300$ please  put me all on ignore, because it means am insane.
busy leaving in parallel world where if  somebody buys  5 mil( or more ) coins  with average price 780  it establishes new floor almost unbreakable one.

Who has bought 5 million coins at $780?

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Salivan

DiMS dev team

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 03:19:52 PM

add volume from all exchanges from recent month look at a average price.
Yes  I know "those are the same coins just changing hands many  times" , I know  the argument and  I don't buy it
MatTheCat

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 03:28:38 PM

Yes  I know "those are the same coins just changing hands many  times" , I know  the argument and  I don't buy it

What if the vast majority of those coins were bought with the intention of cashing out at much higher prices, only for price pressure now pushing below those levels? What if much of the buying power was actually leverage that must be repaid?

What then?

Salivan

DiMS dev team

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 03:30:08 PM

What if the vast majority of those coins were bought with the intention of cashing out at much higher prices, only for price pressure now pushing below those levels? What if much of the buying power was actually leverage that must be repaid?

What then?
then I am wrong
Pentax

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 04:04:37 PM

That depends on a lot of stuff.

Buy how much?

Are you rich and can afford to lose a substantial portion of it?

What is your overall strategy, ie, are you looking to actively trade it or buy and hold?

Realistically it's impossible for anyone to tell you what's going to happen in terms of whether or not right now is a good time to buy.  Trading this market, or any market, involves risk.  It's also a shark tank where experienced investors are playing who will eat your ass for lunch if you don't know what you're doing.

If you don't have experience, be careful.  Buy a small amount to hold your interest on the market and watch it's action, or paper trade it, although that bored the hell out of me when I tried it with commodities.

Get some books on chart-reading.  They'll help you sleep if nothing else and will help you recognize patterns other traders are seeing and acting on.  However, a major news event will trump a chart pattern and send the market running in a new direction; so it is a combination of building a base of fundamental market knowledge/understanding, keeping yourself up on what's happening and not over-leveraging yourself that is the best advice I can give.

Get some books and learn how all of this works.  Not just with bitcoin, but with trading in general.  It's a slower path, but you'll have some idea of what you're doing and it's knowledge that you can use over the course of your lifetime.

Don't go nuts and push your life savings into the pot, unless you're simply convinced this is the right thing.  Even then any sane person would tell you to diversify somewhat......
Mirsad

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Bitcoin - love & hate

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 04:18:26 PM

Are you even old enough to trade?
90% or more were bot trades. There was only a small amount of new money.

< 100 BTC is not worth mentioning. Poor souls will always remain poor. Don't miss the failtrain.
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 04:28:53 PM

The price will most likely continue to go down for a little while now, but how much and for how long is hard to say. $450 and $570 are important levels on MtGox ($380 and $540 on Bitstamp). I am placing my buy orders between $540 and $700 on Bitstamp, but I have an optimistic bullish bias and have already secured a pretty nice profit so YMMV. Wink

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
james1457

Activity: 80

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 04:32:55 PM

sell sell sell

SELL SELL SELL

♦  Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com  ♦   ♦  Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets  ♦    ♦  Provably Fair  ♦ 
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 04:33:27 PM

dollar cost avg

this is what all the pros are doing atm

no one knows where bottom with be ( 600$ ) but we all know its coming, and SOON!

james1457

Activity: 80

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 04:36:50 PM

china will push bitcoins to $0 or possible negatives

western markets to bottom at single digits (hopefully)

my ladder is

$11
$7
$3
$.55
$.15
$.02

♦  Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com  ♦   ♦  Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets  ♦    ♦  Provably Fair  ♦ 
Salivan

DiMS dev team

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 04:47:55 PM

beeing here for a while and having no real world  trading experience. I would  give OP few impressions from average Joe perspective. Yes I know  there is  everything on  charts but  anyway
1. Crashes  and  dumps are  long, I always  have  the impression  like " Yes  this  is last  dump there is no way that price  will not  recover  after that" but  yet  another  day  price   dropped  even  more
2. Flash crashes  are  frequent  and  market seems  to  be  immune to  them, learn  how to profit  on  those  and  you will be  golden
3. When  market  stalls for few  days ( low  volume )  almost always  it  end up  with  some  sharp  action
4. Price  always recover, people  say  so a lot,  but really it seems that things work this  way ( till now I was  not  able to  sell a coin cheaper  than I bought. Simply  I waited for things to sort out, and here you are I am waiting  right  now for  some  of  my  profit  to  mature
5. Panic  periods  are  swift so  it  is  quite  easy  to hold  your  coins but  when price  stall low on  small volume after a crash or is slowly  dropping those periods  are  really depressing
6. No matter what  if  price  rises  more  than 30 % in  one  day  during  rally  secure   some  of your profits
7. Keep track of  volume I  think  in this  market  this is essential
8. Bitcoin  is  not  only  speculation  but  also  culture ( fundamentals, community some  kind of  world  view ) Beside pure  financial  profit  I feel  kind of  proud that  I am member of community I hope to involve more at some  point.
sealberrder

Activity: 66

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 04:56:40 PM

china will push bitcoins to $0 or possible negatives

western markets to bottom at single digits (hopefully)

my ladder is

$11
$7
$3
$.55
$.15
$.02

Huh

This is just bearish, Chinese have the strongest hands.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: