Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:19:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will it hit $1000 again?  (Read 15424 times)
Asrael999

Activity: 703
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 02:30:28 PM

It will be interesting to look in a couple of months to see how the bitcoin holdings have changed. Will the recent price gyrations have increased the concentration of bitcoin holdings, or aided in the dispersal of bitcoin to newer hands, personally I would bet on the former.
The market is beginning to look a little orchestrated, the accuracy of a number of predictions (to the day) not even the week/month is slightly suspicious. Would it surprise anyone if they discovered that a chosen few are still able to move coins from gox to bitstamp, despite the exchange shutdown. At $300 a coin they could split the profit with gox and the only losers are those in the community not in the know. (ie most of us).
In the meantime we can get ready for the next pump, whilst those early adopters who for various reasons want out at the moment continue to get out.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
knightcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 02:42:17 PM

it'll definitely bounce back ... it always has.

+1

Its reminds me

moving large volume with algo-quants strategy
http://youtu.be/GAGaReF9LaI?t=6m46s

Wink

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 02:44:02 PM

There would actually need to be some critical flaw in bitcoin for prices to go that low.   Not the flaw like Gox is stating...
Gox is just trying to spread propaganda and induce a panic into the market. What they are blaming onto the Bitcoin protocol has been known for years and we never had any major issues with transaction malleability before. One thing everyone needs to ask themselves is "why talk about it now?". Gox is pretty much just playing the blame game for some transaction issues that was caused on their end and not due to the Bitcoin protocol. If their goal was to bring the market down, then they succeeded in doing so.. but since no one can withdraw their fiat or bitcoins, it's pretty much an empty market. The only people who will come out on top of Gox's fiasco is Gox themselves, most of their members are going to lose out big time. I hope other exchanges doesn't follow down Gox's path and start throwing their own FUD against the network's protocol either.

"TRUST IN THE COIN"

As far as BTC going back up to the $1000s, I wouldn't hold my breath for that to happen any time soon.  I'd say maybe within a 3-4 months time, we might see prices getting closer to the $1000s mark... but only if Gox or some other major player in Bitcoin doesn't screw it up by manipulating the market again.

I've read many times, I think even in this thread it was suppose to hit $1k again already...so it really is anyone's guess on what will happen. I'm a big chicken and overly cautious and just buy 2 BTC at a time. Can't really afford to lose money anyway.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
hostmaster

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 02:45:00 PM

Been holding out for it to get back up to $1000 USD again. Anyone think it will get back up there any time soon? Any guesses?

igive two weeks
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:46:08 PM

aaaaaaaaand.... it's bouncing back already!  Grin

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:49:08 PM

It will be interesting to look in a couple of months to see how the bitcoin holdings have changed. Will the recent price gyrations have increased the concentration of bitcoin holdings, or aided in the dispersal of bitcoin to newer hands, personally I would bet on the former.
The market is beginning to look a little orchestrated, the accuracy of a number of predictions (to the day) not even the week/month is slightly suspicious. Would it surprise anyone if they discovered that a chosen few are still able to move coins from gox to bitstamp, despite the exchange shutdown. At $300 a coin they could split the profit with gox and the only losers are those in the community not in the know. (ie most of us).
In the meantime we can get ready for the next pump, whilst those early adopters who for various reasons want out at the moment continue to get out.

I think if anything, the smaller holders of bitcoins are the ones who panic sold.   The larger holders added more coins to their portfolios at cheaper prices...
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:51:24 PM

we will definitely hit $1000 again, I just think it will be a gradual increase rather than that meteoric rise we say back in Nov/Dec 2013
NWOreptilian

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:52:56 PM

Maybe, maybe not. I'm not so concerned with hitting $1000 as much as $900. I feel we'll be getting more rises to $900+ followed by dips. Something about adding that 4th digit....it becomes full fledged sell mode.
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 03:12:16 PM

aaaaaaaaand.... it's bouncing back already!  Grin

No bouncing here. More like a thump on the floor. Market data isn't working for me via blockchain so I'll use coindesk. We're at an exchange rate of $620, (%-3.85). I feel for those who have mega hoards of bitcoin. I don't know how you cope with the stress.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
Hfertig

Activity: 361

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:49:39 PM

$1000 ? never ever again. The game is over. Get over it. Bitcoin is just a medium of wealth transfer. Nothing more. It just depends when you put your wealth in it. At prices above $100 it is heavily overvalued given its use.
T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:09:30 PM

$1000 ? never ever again. The game is over. Get over it. Bitcoin is just a medium of wealth transfer. Nothing more. It just depends when you put your wealth in it. At prices above $100 it is heavily overvalued given its use.

OK...

Most of the altcoins do have improvements over bitcoin

So which altcoin would you recommend. Terracoin?

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
efarah2549

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:22:32 PM

At this point we are more likely to see $0 than anyone paying over half that the way people keep dumping
Arcas

Activity: 1036
Merit: 524

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:24:41 PM

I'm predicting $2,200 by December.
Hfertig

Activity: 361

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:51:46 PM

OK...

Most of the altcoins do have improvements over bitcoin

So which altcoin would you recommend. Terracoin?

Haha good find !!! Bitcoin is just more popular than the alts... that´s all. From a protocol perspective the alts are offering more....(if this is good or bad depends on market sentiment). Altcoins are currently, (unfortunatly) a derivative of Bitcoin. If Bitcoin go down they go down more (in USD value)

Most altcoins are pegged to BTC prices, and even those which are traded in USD are following BTC prices. From a USD perpective they are just leveraged instruments of BTC prices. A lot of money can be made on the swings down, selling early enough on the rebound.

I would stay away from all crypto for a moment and let the dust settle. If you want to do something, then short BTC or alts.... can you even short alts ?

The Gox situation is very unique, and even people like me, with a couple of years exchange experience and BTC experience are struggling to put the all the pieces of the puzzle together for the right decission.

But coming back to your question... which altcoin I do prefer ?  I like Litecoin as there are some sites where you can spend then (big difference to all other alts, which are just there for speculation/making the creators rich). Let´s say, I will like Litecoin again at around 20-30% of its current price....

Apart of this, all the other ones can be exchanged for each other. If NVC, NMC, LTC, XRP or whatever, the party is over for now. All we can do is wait till all the pain has gone and the trend has reversed

I guess I have not answered your question to the extend you were hoping.

Disclosure: I do not hold any LTC, BTC, XRP, DGC, TRC, NMC, NVC,  or other coins. I am short BTC and long GoxBTC.... lets see how this trade goes...

gambitx

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:53:23 PM

HELP!
Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:55:19 PM

HELP!

Are you scared? Don't watch MtGox, I'm glad when that exchanges dies as it negative affects the BTC price of today. Watch the price of BTC at for example Bitstamp. http://www.bitcoinity.org/markets/bitstamp/USD.

It's about $615.- now. I would love to see it back to the 1000 again. I think it will in a few weeks. This might be a good moment to buy some more BTC (like I did Cheesy)

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
gambitx

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 08:02:22 PM

HELP!

Are you scared? Don't watch MtGox, I'm glad when that exchanges dies as it negative affects the BTC price of today. Watch the price of BTC at for example Bitstamp. http://www.bitcoinity.org/markets/bitstamp/USD.

It's about $615.- now. I would love to see it back to the 1000 again. I think it will in a few weeks. This might be a good moment to buy some more BTC (like I did Cheesy)

Yes I'm v scared...plz h..h....h....h..ha...hea..he..hel

HELP!
Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 08:06:14 PM

I checked you last posts. What happend? Why are you so paranoia? Stop thrashing this forum with your HELP!!! messages..

On topic, we'll see. In a few weeks we hit the $1000 again Smiley.

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
Cyberlight

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 12:04:54 AM

I checked you last posts. What happend? Why are you so paranoia? Stop thrashing this forum with your HELP!!! messages..

On topic, we'll see. In a few weeks we hit the $1000 again Smiley.
Indeed.
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 12:16:09 AM

If the btc project succeeds and continues to grow, $1000 will be seen eventually. My guess is in several months.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: