Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:43:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi Nakamoto - 1,5 million Bitcoins - We need answers  (Read 52446 times)
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 09:20:05 PM

I bet he lost his wallet.
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2011, 03:25:35 AM

If I had the programming skills, I'd do it.
I have programming skills, arguably better than his, and I didn't do it. Neither did millions of other programmers.
The true novelty of Bitcoin lies in the math, not in the programming (as the programming is a reflection and implementation of the math).  That's why the programmers (and you) didn't do it.
This is getting ridiculous.

P.S. I have a maths degree. Damn, I must be an idiot.

No, you could've done it if knew how to generate the algorithm from the theory, but you didn't; he did.  And, no one else did before him.  Thus, it's novel.

The Egg of Columbus comes to mind. That's why nobody else did it and people that saw it early had all kinds of objections... "An egg of Columbus or Columbus's egg refers to a brilliant idea or discovery that seems simple or easy after the fact." A million bitcoins is the least he deserves. His "invention" is worth more than that if in the end, we have free money.

What do you call a guy who has a propensity for posting images on forums: A Banksyneer.

Egg of Columbus

sneak

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 09:37:43 PM

Hehe. For some early adopters, "very little" might still be in the thousands, though.

I can understand some of them cashed in too early, though. Imagine you're a little short on cash and the bitcoin value just shot up 400% to USD 0.80!! I'd be tempted to sell, myself. I've been having a hard time holding on to my little stash myself at times.

The investor that thinks that cashing out after a 400% increase is "too early", well, isn't.

If you want to whine about it, think about the story told to me last weekend - a dude who bought a pizza for 10,000 bitcoins.  Then go try to make traditional investments that yield triple-digit APYs.  Then come back and complain.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2011, 02:08:19 AM

Satoshi Nakamoto - 1,5 million Bitcoins - We need answers  ~  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j2F4VcBmeo
BitcoinStars.com

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 02:24:59 AM

Satoshi Nakamoto - 1,5 million Bitcoins - We need answers  ~  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j2F4VcBmeo

Grin
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2011, 02:46:39 AM

Glad you enjoyed it!
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 05:02:12 AM

'Or you pick up a weapon and stand opposed...'
And this is exactly what I'm gonna do. If I don't get answers I'll make a new, improved block chain that will be totally transparent from the very beginning.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2011, 05:36:27 AM

Satoshi Nakamoto - 1,5 million Bitcoins - We need answers  ~  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j2F4VcBmeo
'Or you pick up a weapon and stand opposed...'
And this is exactly what I'm gonna do. If I don't get answers I'll make a new, improved block chain that will be totally transparent from the very beginning.

That's the spirit! I'm with you, and pretty sure the others who have expressed their feelings on this threatd are also. But before we make a full commitment, enlighten us on how you solved the sentiment in regards to the early adapters. We don't want any SOB's getting rich off the backs of the people who come after those early adapters of your new and improved block chain. We look forward to your answer, and  please keep us posted on your progress. I look forward to reading your thread upon roll out, so please PM me prior to you doing such. I just want to be one of the early readers.

becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 06:52:43 AM

enlighten us on how you solved the sentiment...
I didn't. Still working on it. Solving the problem of fair initial distribution of wealth is an epic task. Human understanding of what is fair and what is not tends to change over time and is slightly different in the different cultures and societies. I'm sure there will be many competing approaches.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 10:17:23 AM

I didn't. Still working on it. Solving the problem of fair initial distribution of wealth is an epic task. Human understanding of what is fair and what is not tends to change over time and is slightly different in the different cultures and societies. I'm sure there will be many competing approaches.

In my opinion, you're facing a problem of literally universal proportions.

Universal syntax incorporates (at the very least) the roots of justice and fairness if not justice and fairness itself.  Since this syntax guides content (e.g. us acting within the universe) it creates the very problem you're trying to solve while simultaneously unfolding the solution.  This solution has been and continues to be since the 'beginning' (for lack of a better word) of time.  Good luck.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2011, 01:53:28 PM

Universal syntax incorporates (at the very least) the roots of justice and fairness if not justice and fairness itself.  Since this syntax guides content (e.g. us acting within the universe) it creates the very problem you're trying to solve while simultaneously unfolding the solution.  This solution has been and continues to be since the 'beginning' (for lack of a better word) of time.  Good luck.

+1

&

+1
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 01:54:54 PM

+1

&

+1

Agreed, +1 for the concept of the universality of the proposition and +1 for including time as a dimension.
Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 01:56:07 PM

If you do create a new fork, why not just make a mechanism which allows for the destruction of coins as well?

Then just mine & destroy the first few million easy coins in a way which can be publically proven & seen to have taken place.

After that, release it to the public.
Or start at a higher difficulty right away.

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2011, 02:09:23 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2011, 02:30:13 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

If you do create a new fork, why not just make a mechanism which allows for the destruction of coins as well?

Then just mine & destroy the first few million easy coins in a way which can be publically proven & seen to have taken place.

Oh, MMFG! Does anybody else realized what could have been released here? Nothing would stop an individual from doing what Jack of Diamonds just divulged. Somewhere down the road there possibly could be an all out virtual currency war--one chain (rhymes with gang) taking out another chain, all in the name of increasing its worth.

This just in here at CNNNN&N! Although full details are not yet available, sources from the net confirm that users of BieberCoin have destroyed another million Bitcoin. Bitcoin, the granddaddy of virtual currency, is currently fighting a 17 front war. As you recall, yesterday we reported that it was way to quiet over at the Bieber camp, and that an attack seemed imminent. Today, our suspicion proved correct. We're joined now with Hash Newman, over at the AnonLulzCoin camp. Howdy, Hash. Nice outfit you're wearing. You seem to blend right in...

Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 02:55:41 PM

Oh, MMFG! Does anybody else realized what could have been released here? Nothing would stop an individual from doing what Jack of Diamonds just divulged. Somewhere down the road there possibly could be an all out virtual currency war--one chain (rhymes with gang) taking out another chain, all in the name of increasing its worth.

This just in here at CNNNN&N! Although full details are not yet available, sources from the net confirm that users of BieberCoin have destroyed another million Bitcoin. Bitcoin, the granddaddy of virtual currency, is currently fighting a 17 front war. As you recall, yesterday we reported that it was way to quiet over at the Bieber camp, and that an attack seemed imminent. Today, our suspicion proved correct. We're joined now with Hash Newman, over at the AnonLulzCoin camp. Howdy, Hash. Nice outfit you're wearing. You seem to blend right in...

Hmmm... except with each bitcoin destroyed, the value of all other bitcoins will just go up... it'd be like shooting yourself in the foot.
Mageant
Legendary

Activity: 1145

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2011, 03:21:08 PM

So what?

Even if Satoshi holds all these Bitcoins, at current market prices he would only have $15 million.

Compare this to Bill Gates who also created a revolutionary type of software and who now owns something like $50 billion, that's 3000 times more.

cjgames.com
bitv

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 04:13:25 PM

So what?

Even if Satoshi holds all these Bitcoins, at current market prices he would only have $15 million.

Compare this to Bill Gates who also created a revolutionary type of software and who now owns something like $50 billion, that's 3000 times more.

Yet Satoshi could more permanent damage to Bitcoin than Gates could do to USD. That's the concern for most people.
ttk2

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 12:51:40 AM

So what?

Compare this to Bill Gates who also created a revolutionary type of software and who now owns something like $50 billion, that's 3000 times more

Yet Satoshi could more permanent damage to Bitcoin than Gates could do to USD. That's the concern for most people.

And the fed can and is doing permanent damage to the dollar, people don't seem to care so much about that. The design of bitcoin is absolute genius,  santioshi deserves how ever many coins he has , simply because they would never have existed without him. The chain was public from day one, people just did not know it existed.

Just in case i do something worthwhile: 12YXLzbi4hfLaUxyPswRbKW92C6h5KsVnX
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2011, 01:21:49 AM

Hmmm... except with each bitcoin destroyed, the value of all other bitcoins will just go up... it'd be like shooting yourself in the foot.

I had a nice little war ready to start here, until you brought logic into the equation.

ctoon6

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 03:18:23 AM

this makes me think, maby we should start over.

later, some real issues could come along if an early adopter decided or simply gets compromised and the market gets flooded.

however this should not be done now, we should wait a few more months.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: