Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:24:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Real life event why Bitcoin/Litecoin is needed urgently  (Read 294 times)
Robin,Hood (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 62

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:36:43 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2018, 06:58:44 PM by Robin,Hood

Short version international payment made on April 6, 2018 and today May 11, still not received, at least that is the claim. Numerous phone calls to my bank just the basic reply that a text has been forwarded to the receiving bank.  Also numerous confirmation that it did receive the payment, but my bank is in no position to know if it has been credited to the customer account. The Agricultural Bank of China did receive so they claim.

Any Bitcoin address not starting with 1 is fraud and scam Full (20 coins) Cryptomarket History

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
angelfaria

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 12:54:54 PM

You had to face a big hassle. Yes, Bitcoin is necessary. More to that, in many fields it has become an rgent need now.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:03:50 PM

That is why I hate banking transactions there is too much to do and it is a hassle. Also even if it is the banks fault you have no choice but to comply with the procedures and undergo many processes. Thus instead of the bank I am using my bitcoin wallet as my own bank and the banks are just secondary options to me.
Jonsnowstark

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:30:07 PM

Yes this is indeed true. A lot of us has bad experiences with banks especially wire transfer. Apart from the fees the banks charge is the confirmation time takes too long. You will be charged the wire transfer fee plus the 1% international charge. It means the higher the amount you send the higher the fee will be charged to you.

sri11

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:47:01 PM

the banking system sometimes gets a lot of people upset because too much has to be wasted on income tax transfer fees and more, and it's all very different from the very fast bitcoin system for easier and faster transactions which is why altcoin is so needed

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:58:05 PM

That sucks. There are way too many parties involved that there's really no way to pinpoint which one is causing the problems. But yeah, it's one problem that Bitcoin is aiming to solve. The less parties involved, the less complicated the situation will be. I'd certainly love to live in a world where SWIFT transactions aren't necessary.

As for your problem itself, don't you have a copy of the transaction slip or something similar? That should be enough proof for the receiving bank to investigate any problems. It's going to be a massive pain either way though.

badakjawa

Activity: 336
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 03:17:17 PM

yes, the bank transaction system sometimes makes us dissatisfied with every of their services. the bank system just makes us busy with things that are not important. inefficient and unprofessional.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:41:38 PM

You had to face a big hassle. Yes, Bitcoin is necessary. More to that, in many fields it has become an rgent need now.
Its very necessary that Bitcoins and the major cryptos are all integrated in the payment systems everywhere so that both the customers and the seller can enjoy a very smooth transaction. This even makes the value of the crypto soar even higher.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Brianlee0112

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 04:59:56 PM

In Real life i guess bitcoin is important because of its market share and facilities i dont think litecoin is beneficial for users where bitcoin have this many facilities because of limitless trading and securities so bit coin is more important than litecoin or beneficial also .
Robin,Hood (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:39:46 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2018, 09:15:52 AM by Robin,Hood

That sucks. There are way too many parties involved that there's really no way to pinpoint which one is causing the problems. But yeah, it's one problem that Bitcoin is aiming to solve. The less parties involved, the less complicated the situation will be. I'd certainly love to live in a world where SWIFT transactions aren't necessary.

As for your problem itself, don't you have a copy of the transaction slip or something similar? That should be enough proof for the receiving bank to investigate any problems. It's going to be a massive pain either way though.
I have a letter from the bank and money being deducted from account i can clearly see online and every phone call i made i am told the receiving bank got it but my bank can not say if customer account has been credited.

Any Bitcoin address not starting with 1 is fraud and scam Full (20 coins) Cryptomarket History
yojodojo21

Activity: 420
Merit: 171

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:47:00 PM

So your saying you have transacted and shipped a miner to somebody via bank payment that is why you are asking for bitcoin/litecoin illegibility to takeover as payment.? (Correct me if I am wrong.) If that was the case, I think you should contact with legit miners here in the forum who has positive trust and take some escrows through the transactions for less hassle. It's a better way to do, peer to peer rather than person to bank, and bank to person.
Robin,Hood (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:54:13 PM

So your saying you have transacted and shipped a miner to somebody via bank payment that is why you are asking for bitcoin/litecoin illegibility to takeover as payment.? (Correct me if I am wrong.) If that was the case, I think you should contact with legit miners here in the forum who has positive trust and take some escrows through the transactions for less hassle. It's a better way to do, peer to peer rather than person to bank, and bank to person.
No i ordered a product and the second of the three payments made so for is lost by banks. The third payment is taxes and import duties plus container deposit. The first i ordered one unit and company stuffed up and sent 5. 

• I have letter from bank with confirmation of electronic transfer on 6th April
  • When i log into online banking i can see money deducted on 6th April and still missing
  • When i phone bank and inquire about it i am told a message has been sent to receiving bank and the await reply and several times confirmed verbally on the phone that money is with receiving bank.

pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 07:32:43 PM

No i ordered a product and the second of the three payments made so for is lost by banks. The third payment is taxes and import duties plus container deposit. The first i ordered one unit and company stuffed up and sent 5. 
  • When i log into online banking i can see money deducted on 6th April and still missing
  • When i phone bank and inquire about it i am told a message has been sent to receiving bank and the await reply and several times confirmed verbally on the phone that money is with receiving bank.
Alright what lame ass "company" forces its buyer to buy a minimum of 5 units? You should sue them,they are the ones who have cost you the problem. Was such a thing like,:
A minimum of 5 units should be purchased. mentioned in the terms? If no,sue them,fucking sue them. And seriously how in the fucking world did the bank lose money Huh Are you kidding me? And they ask people to trust them with billions and billions of dollars/any other currency. Go to your bank personally and create a ruckus(say some honest shit about their bank), they will listen to you. I have seen it happening,and it will work again.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Robin,Hood (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 07:54:44 PM

Alright what lame ass "company" forces its buyer to buy a minimum of 5 units? You should sue them,they are the ones who have cost you the problem. Was such a thing like,:
A minimum of 5 units should be purchased. mentioned in the terms? If no,sue them,fucking sue them. And seriously how in the fucking world did the bank lose money Huh Are you kidding me? And they ask people to trust them with billions and billions of dollars/any other currency. Go to your bank personally and create a ruckus(say some honest shit about their bank), they will listen to you. I have seen it happening,and it will work again.
The very first thing i did walk into the branch and then was told that they cant help as it was done online and not at the teller i would need to phone head office.
Sue easy said than done if on the other side of globe first you need to find someone to represent you then up front pay....

pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:08:04 PM

That's what you get when you trust other people with your money. I've been through this bullshitting a couple times and it seems that the customer support can't access your account or the bank data. They're there only to notify their superiors about the problem and so it continues for days and days. I'll repeat after them: sorry about your money" : Embarrassed

Robin,Hood (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:16:31 PM

That's what you get when you trust other people with your money. I've been through this bullshitting a couple times and it seems that the customer support can't access your account or the bank data. They're there only to notify their superiors about the problem and so it continues for days and days. I'll repeat after them: sorry about your money" : Embarrassed

Yes the person on the phone just sees some section of the account. When i phone two three times she says "please wait i have to check with backoffice" for simple things like to sent a fax (?) to the receiving bank as requested by the shipper.

swissgang

Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 08:46:27 PM

Banks do really suck, I would not use banks if there is a better choice, though bitcoin is amazing and will distrupt the currency monetary system I don't think it is ready now.

rob143

Activity: 138
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:57:12 PM

itcoin and litecoin are more than needed for fast payments, but to be honest, litecoin is faster.
Confirmations takes less than five minutes, and the fees are less than $0,10 per transaction. Bitcoin is totally the opposite.
aitrading

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 09:53:47 PM

Omg, you are having bad experience with it. Reminded me a story [on Reddit] from indian guy who still can't receive his a big amount of money from african country. Just stupid emails and calls from bank.
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:34:07 PM

is l
The very first thing i did walk into the branch and then was told that they cant help as it was done online and not at the teller i would need to phone head office.
Sue easy said than done if on the other side of globe first you need to find someone to represent you then up front pay....
In some countries you can represent yourself as your own lawyer.

Whatever the teller told you, it is shit. That's ridiculous. This is not 1860s we are living in. Technology has been updated for a reason. The teller definitely would have access to the details, I know how a bank works, in and out. That head office thing is crap, trust me.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██