Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:51:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Beginners Guide to CPU mining DogeCoins - Now with images!  (Read 88466 times)
dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:30:06 PM

not to be the partypooper here but... is it really at all useful to cpu mine dogecoins at this point? The difficulty is high enough that you will barely make much even with 1 pretty decent GPU doing many times the hashes/sec your CPUs are

Everyone has a different definition of "worth it"
I CPUmine for 40 Doges a day, Is it worth it?
If Doges go to $10, 40 X 10 = 400, $400 a day is worth it.
If you need to sell your Doges @ 0.00021973 to pay for electricity,
well, no, it's not worth it, I suppose.
BTW: I mine BTC @30gh and think that is worth it also,
again, I see this as investment in my future, not a paying job today.

if doge goes up to 10 cents we will all shit our pants. never mind 10 dollars.... 10 dollars are you out of your mind lol?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bengar

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:04:09 AM

Before to all, cainy393, thank very much for excellent tutorial.

Guys I have a little problem, after my cpu miner is working I see that my worker is now actived, What could be wrong?

http://i58.tinypic.com/2hpojcw.png

http://i59.tinypic.com/vh6p3q.png

bengar
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 01:08:27 AM

keep it open  and let it run until you see (yay!!!)... if it doesn't happen within the first 10 minutes I recommend moving your hashing power to https://www.multipool.us
bengar

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:27:52 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2014, 01:40:10 AM by bengar

keep it open  and let it run until you see (yay!!!)... if it doesn't happen within the first 10 minutes I recommend moving your hashing power to https://www.multipool.us

Thank you mrdeposit, now is activated.

http://i62.tinypic.com/wl421i.png

But a stratum_recv_line failed message is present. Let see multupool.us, thank you again.
cainy393 (OP)

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:08:42 PM

So I've not been around as much as I would have hoped recently and just wanted to clear a few things up having read through the recent posts. Recently I've not been at all happy with the service from cryptovalley and so I would recommend a different pool and I will be updating the thread accordingly. A lot of you are having connection issues due to using that pool and no other reason. Apologies, I did recommend this pool at the time as it was the best I had found but they have gone down hill since. Currently I use multipool.us - either for their profit switching mining pool or just for the dogecoin specific pool (their website lists different ports to use if you just want to stick to one currency rather than auto-switching) however they do charge a fair old rate on withdrawals and so you may want to look around yourself and be sure to check out the miners and withdrawal fees to make sure they aren't too bad.

Mining on your CPU for dog isn't anywhere near as profitable as it used to be, back when I wrote this tutorial my 50 KH/s that I got from my CPU was enough to get me a couple thousand a day but it certainly isn't anymore (bare in mind the price of doge was only like 30 satoshis at the time so it still wasn't great. However, that doesn't mean that those of you who are simply curious about the currency can't just give it a little go Smiley.

These days the only real way to effectively mine doge is with a fairly decent GPU (graphics card), for example my new GTX 760 which can mine at 250 KH/s but even that isn't exactly going to make you rich or anything. Plus, baring in mind the card set me back £200 it certainly isn't something to try and invest in.

I'll try put together a GPU mining tutorial for Doge in the next couple days if you have a GPU and are interested. It's a fairly similar process but is complicated by the variety of graphics cards around and the varying software required to utilize such cards. Anyhow, if I do write a tutorial for it I'll be sure to post here to update you all.
uartasic

Activity: 177
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 01:53:37 AM

So I've not been around as much as I would have hoped recently and just wanted to clear a few things up having read through the recent posts. Recently I've not been at all happy with the service from cryptovalley and so I would recommend a different pool and I will be updating the thread accordingly. A lot of you are having connection issues due to using that pool and no other reason. Apologies, I did recommend this pool at the time as it was the best I had found but they have gone down hill since. Currently I use multipool.us - either for their profit switching mining pool or just for the dogecoin specific pool (their website lists different ports to use if you just want to stick to one currency rather than auto-switching) however they do charge a fair old rate on withdrawals and so you may want to look around yourself and be sure to check out the miners and withdrawal fees to make sure they aren't too bad.

Mining on your CPU for dog isn't anywhere near as profitable as it used to be, back when I wrote this tutorial my 50 KH/s that I got from my CPU was enough to get me a couple thousand a day but it certainly isn't anymore (bare in mind the price of doge was only like 30 satoshis at the time so it still wasn't great. However, that doesn't mean that those of you who are simply curious about the currency can't just give it a little go Smiley.

These days the only real way to effectively mine doge is with a fairly decent GPU (graphics card), for example my new GTX 760 which can mine at 250 KH/s but even that isn't exactly going to make you rich or anything. Plus, baring in mind the card set me back £200 it certainly isn't something to try and invest in.

I'll try put together a GPU mining tutorial for Doge in the next couple days if you have a GPU and are interested. It's a fairly similar process but is complicated by the variety of graphics cards around and the varying software required to utilize such cards. Anyhow, if I do write a tutorial for it I'll be sure to post here to update you all.

good stuff cainy we need more posters like you around.

I will also tip you some DOGE after the GPU tutorial is done also.

good work mate.

us

Crypto Vest coin fan \ Alt-Coin Blockchain Assembler \ BTC faithful \ POWR faithful
itsik78

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:25:04 PM

It would be cheaper to use your CPU to mine for MemoryCoin (MMC), convert to BTC and buy DOGE.

Here's a great 24 hours comparison done by ReviewOutlaw for ALL CPU COINS.
http://www.reviewoutlaw.com/most-profitable-cpu-coin-list-alt-coin-profits-24-hours-mining/

Guess who the winner is? Smiley
MemoryCoin of course!

Here's another thread explaining how to CPU mine MMC efficiently:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=439874
dogechode

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:05:41 PM

if you have a very low hash rate (such as cpu mining doge) eventually won't you not get any coins at all? Because as the difficulty rises and rewards drop, your contribution shares will be so small that you will not have contributed enough work on the current block to be entitled to even 1 doge?
elviselvis101

Activity: 573
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:00:31 PM

Thanks Smiley, 15 minutes and it was mining for me - versus Maxcoin where I was working for 10 hours over 2 days and no coins  Sad
JordanKennedy

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:39:48 PM

Newbie here just wondering If you could advise me If I am doing the right thing or is there no point continuing with this pool/mining.

https://i.imgur.com/MYW0Vjv.jpg
Zzzack

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:32:22 PM

Wow. End this thread. You must explain the risk to the computer...

Many of these Doge miners are younger, and newer to the crypto world. Note the guy above who says his 40 doge coins hes mining could be worth 10$ in the future, so "yeh 400$ a day is worth it."

The energy and declining hardware costs are huge. 40 Doges a day, even at a short term miracle price of 1 cent/doge (10x current market cap, and would require Doge to be receiving more NEW invested money per day than BTC currently is) isn't worth it. Not even close.

Once Doge is more valuable than BTC (thats an if), not only will it be harder to get as many Doges per day with your CPU, but it will finally almost be worth it to mine with your CPU.

I'm not the biggest fan of Memorycoin and I agree with the guy above^. Mine it, sell it, buy your favorite crypto or hold BTC.

Producer
cainy393 (OP)

Activity: 57

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:02:30 PM

Wow. End this thread. You must explain the risk to the computer...

Many of these Doge miners are younger, and newer to the crypto world. Note the guy above who says his 40 doge coins hes mining could be worth 10$ in the future, so "yeh 400$ a day is worth it."

The energy and declining hardware costs are huge. 40 Doges a day, even at a short term miracle price of 1 cent/doge (10x current market cap, and would require Doge to be receiving more NEW invested money per day than BTC currently is) isn't worth it. Not even close.

Once Doge is more valuable than BTC (thats an if), not only will it be harder to get as many Doges per day with your CPU, but it will finally almost be worth it to mine with your CPU.

I'm not the biggest fan of Memorycoin and I agree with the guy above^. Mine it, sell it, buy your favorite crypto or hold BTC.
You're right that it is not exactly viable to mine doge using your CPU anymore. However when this post was written it was worth it and the post stands as example of sorts. Plus this technique can be applied to any Scrypt algorithm alt-coin in practice and so is still of use.

Newbie here just wondering If you could advise me If I am doing the right thing or is there no point continuing with this pool/mining.

https://i.imgur.com/MYW0Vjv.jpg
That's absolutley fine, the little (yay!!!) things mean that your share was accepted. Therefore everything is working fine. You may get the occasional (boooo) but so long as it isn't every time that's fine. You are unlikely to make a lot of profit from that kind of hashing power it is still a novelty as I keep saying.
mickyd

Activity: 206

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 02:23:54 PM

Great instruction! Thank you
sub-80

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 05:55:56 PM

Hello guys been about a week mining. Was wondering how many yays per minute is good and how many are to low?
I am mining mint, tag and ltc.

update: didn't read the cpu or the dogcoin part  Grin
neot

Activity: 35

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 07:54:07 PM

I like CPU mining.  Easy to setup.  Cheesy  I wish difficulty wasn't so high for so many of the coins. Undecided
kalongking

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:50:02 AM

im noob, can someone to tell me how to set difficulty?  Huh
JustJeff

Activity: 38

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 07:25:10 PM

if doge goes up to 10 cents we will all shit our pants. never mind 10 dollars.... 10 dollars are you out of your mind lol?

I see this perspective quite often. And no, I'm not out of my mind. Wink
Why is it that you contend that $10.00 a Dogecoin is fantasy?

BTW: it won't be that Doge's are so _valuable_, but in 7 years, the dollar will be the currency that is next to worthless.
We'll all need to be Crypto Millionaires when a bottle of Coca Cola is $23.95 and a gallon of gas is $105.99.

The future will not be the same as the past.

(Still mining away @ 40 doges a day, they do add up)
quain

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 08:15:02 AM

i cant seem to be able to run or do this thing properly, i keep getting an error, either im using the wrong software or im completely lost, can anyone give me a link of the mimer i should download for windows 7 ultimate 32bit? thanks
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 09:28:33 AM

i cant seem to be able to run or do this thing properly, i keep getting an error, either im using the wrong software or im completely lost, can anyone give me a link of the mimer i should download for windows 7 ultimate 32bit? thanks

I am not mining this but I think you don't want to be mining with a CPU.  Anybody mining with a good graphics card will be hundreds of times more successful. 

quain

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 09:14:12 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2014, 12:29:01 PM by quain

I am not mining this but I think you don't want to be mining with a CPU.  Anybody mining with a good graphics card will be hundreds of times more successful.  

i am mining with only CPU since i dont have a graphics card installed. so far im getting a lot of yay and my earnings for the first 24 hours is 105 doge coin
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: