Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:14:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Jon Stewart nails the corporate press on Ron Paul  (Read 2833 times)
hugolp (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 09:10:24 AM

I could not stop laughing.

<iframe src="http://videos.mediaite.com/embed/player/?layout=&playlist_cid=&media_type=video&content=7XR3WG1B6WZ67PTZ&read_more=1&widget_type_cid=svp" width="420" height="421" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

Seen here: http://www.mediaite.com/tv/jon-stewart-scolds-media-for-ignoring-rep-ron-paul-i-mean-fck-that-guy-right/

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 01:14:02 PM

It is funny how Ron Paul comes within 200 votes of winning Iowa and is not even mentioned in the news. Then the press awards second place to a guy who wasn't even there. Huh

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 03:42:07 PM

It is funny how Ron Paul comes within 200 votes of winning Iowa and is not even mentioned in the news. Then the press awards second place to a guy who wasn't even there. Huh

Even funnier and not reported well either (sadly) ... Bachmann literally gave away 6000 tickets for free and Paul sold 4700 tickets with a $10 discount, yet she won by less than 9/10 of 1% of the vote lol.

I also heard that Ron Paul spent 1/10 of the money she did. He should be declared a landslide winner.
I think he is getting the same treatment Howard Dean got from the Democrats.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
indio007

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 04:43:14 PM

It's mind boggling how this guy is getting shafted. I'm in awe.
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 09:14:38 PM

The only way you Ron Paul supporters will get people to take you *seriously* is if you win the Caucus. If you guys can't even pull off a caucus victory in Iowa please just stop there. I really don't want to hear 9 months of nauseating Ron Paul rhetoric if his supporters can't even win him the Iowa Caucus.

Mike Huckabee won the Republican Iowa caucus in 2008. Enough Said...
The Script

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 10:04:17 PM

The only way you Ron Paul supporters will get people to take you *seriously* is if you win the Caucus. If you guys can't even pull off a caucus victory in Iowa please just stop there. I really don't want to hear 9 months of nauseating Ron Paul rhetoric if his supporters can't even win him the Iowa Caucus.

So this proves.....?  McCain won the nomination in 2008, remember?  So winning the Iowa Caucus didn't seem to help Huckabee.  I guess I don't understand your point.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 10:48:56 PM

So this proves.....?  McCain won the nomination in 2008, remember?  So winning the Iowa Caucus didn't seem to help Huckabee.  I guess I don't understand your point.
If Ron Paul can't win a caucus, he sure as hell can't win a general.
The Script

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 12:12:38 AM

But I'm saying your standard of success (Iowa Caucus) is a false one, as winning the Caucus doesn't prove you can win the nomination, nor does losing it mean you will lose the nomination.  Your example shows exactly this.
Slab Squathrust

Activity: 169

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 01:51:00 AM

Entirely irrelevant.  There is a reason there is still a general election in the fall.  Iowa doesn't pick the winner for the entire nation.  Politicians that appeal to Iowans probably don't appeal the the voters of California.  Winning or losing one primary does not decide the fate of a candidate.  Get a stack of 4-5 victories going and then you have some momentum.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 02:39:06 AM

But I'm saying your standard of success (Iowa Caucus) is a false one, as winning the Caucus doesn't prove you can win the nomination, nor does losing it mean you will lose the nomination.  Your example shows exactly this.
Whether you like it or not Ron Paul is the dark horse candidate. He barley has a chance now, and loosing a caucus (which primarily has to do with organization and strategy) only sets him deeper into the dark horse corner. His supporters demand media attention like they deserve it! Well, now it's time to show the country that you guys are there to win it for your man. Bachmann and Romney should not be hard to beat, I mean seriously look at them... One said "I think if we give Glenn Beck the numbers, he can solve this [the national debt]", and the other was for universal healthcare before he was against it (HCR being unpopular among Republicans).
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 03:50:15 AM

Whether you like it or not Ron Paul is the dark horse candidate. He barley has a chance now, and loosing a caucus (which primarily has to do with organization and strategy) only sets him deeper into the dark horse corner. His supporters demand media attention like they deserve it!

What a joke! You're watching the media stick knives in RP's back, then you turn and tell his supporters they are asking too much when they ask for fair coverage.

Give me a break.

The PRESS-titutes have spoken. They need Ron Paul to lose.
JBDive

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 04:36:11 AM

Paul needs to get mad, he is still so soft spoken when he does get any media attention. Saw Fox basically try to trap him into some anti-war peacenik jacket today, sad that they are so obvious about it anymore.

I don't think he has a chance and this Perry crap is just theater with Bachmann being the bone tossed to the Tea Party to make them think they get to actually pick who wins. Romney was chosen by the party in 2008 to be the nominee in 2012 and that ain't gonna change folks, not unless you get mad, stand up and say something and that doesn't mean posting on a few message boards.

Get social, connect, offer to help a campaign.
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 05:01:51 AM

Stephen Colbert had a great segment about the media shitness over Ron Paul.

He actually used the AP media posted material where they mentioned Ron Paul except it was named Mr. XXX and published as such, wtf ??

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
The Script

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 06:36:50 AM

Whether you like it or not Ron Paul is the dark horse candidate. He barley has a chance now, and loosing a caucus (which primarily has to do with organization and strategy) only sets him deeper into the dark horse corner. His supporters demand media attention like they deserve it! Well, now it's time to show the country that you guys are there to win it for your man. Bachmann and Romney should not be hard to beat, I mean seriously look at them... One said "I think if we give Glenn Beck the numbers, he can solve this [the national debt]", and the other was for universal healthcare before he was against it (HCR being unpopular among Republicans).

Last time I checked media attention is not something you "deserve" or have to "earn"; the purpose of the media is to fairly cover topics and issues, to inform people on the reality that is going on around them.  If the media stray from this, we the people have a right to cry foul and demand equal coverage.  The fact that people assume the media has the right to choose the candidates is appalling.

I don't think he has a chance and this Perry crap is just theater with Bachmann being the bone tossed to the Tea Party to make them think they get to actually pick who wins. Romney was chosen by the party in 2008 to be the nominee in 2012 and that ain't gonna change folks, not unless you get mad, stand up and say something and that doesn't mean posting on a few message boards.

Ok, listen carefully all of you who say he has no chance to win, I'm going to explain something to you.  If you don't vote for a candidate, then they are unelectable.  If you vote for a candidate, then they are electable.  The spurious reasoning of "unelectability" is horse shit cooked up by people who want to control elections for their special interests.  Do not buy into it.

Get social, connect, offer to help a campaign.

Ron Paul supporters all over the nation are already doing this.  Watch us rip apart the single party system charade that is American politics.  The dark horse has now become the white stallion, and he's thirsty for corrupt elephant and donkey blood.

rainingbitcoins

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 06:57:04 AM

Ron Paul supporters all over the nation are already doing this.  Watch us rip apart the single party system charade that is American politics.  The dark horse has now become the white stallion, and he's thirsty for corrupt elephant and donkey blood.

I'm no zoologist, but I don't think a horse could kill an elephant. Even a corrupt one.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
The Script

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 07:12:26 AM

I'm no zoologist, but I don't think a horse could kill an elephant. Even a corrupt one.

Cheesy

I got a little carried away with the analogy.  I get cranky when I'm tired and hungry and people say stupid things on the internet.  "Honey, I can't come to bed yet....someone is wrong on the internet!"    Smiley
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 07:21:35 AM

I will bet anyone right now 10 BTC that Ron Paul dosen't win the republican nomination.

Friendly bet  Grin . Lets put our money where our mouths are gentlemen.
The Script

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 07:34:20 AM

I will bet anyone right now 10 BTC that Ron Paul dosen't win the republican nomination.

10 BTC is $100.  To a broke student like me that's significant moola.  I'd rather give the $100 to the Ron Paul campaign to help him achieve victory.  Smiley  However, I would consider a small, symbolic bet, 1 BTC or so.
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 08:50:39 AM

Winning or not, do you really feel anyone else running atm is more worthy to win than Ron Paul ? They are all a bunch of crackheads compared to Ron Paul.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
rainingbitcoins

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 09:45:41 AM

10 BTC is $100. 

Yeah, but by election day 2012, it'll probably be like 50 cents.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██