Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:24:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: can't add GPU's to B250?  (Read 358 times)
pimpin (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 02:30:03 PM

Just saw that claymore uses -di to select GPUs:

-di    GPU indexes, default is all available GPUs. For example, if you have four GPUs "-di 02" will enable only first and third GPUs (#0 and #2).
   You can also turn on/off cards in runtime with "0"..."9" keys and check current statistics with "s" key.
   For systems with more than 10 GPUs: use letters to specify indexes more than 9, for example, "a" means index 10, "b" means index 11, etc; also "a", "b", and "c" keys allow you to turn on/off GPU #10, #11 and #12 in Runtime

I have the recommended amount allocated on set up (16 I believe).  Do I need to double that to run two instances or.....?  Cheers

yrk1957

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 02:51:46 PM

-di    GPU indexes, default is all available GPUs. For example, if you have four GPUs "-di 02" will enable only first and third GPUs (#0 and #2).
   You can also turn on/off cards in runtime with "0"..."9" keys and check current statistics with "s" key.
   For systems with more than 10 GPUs: use letters to specify indexes more than 9, for example, "a" means index 10, "b" means index 11, etc; also "a", "b", and "c" keys allow you to turn on/off GPU #10, #11 and #12 in Runtime

I have the recommended amount allocated on set up (16 I believe).  Do I need to double that to run two instances or.....?  Cheers

Are you on ETH or Cryptonight?

I usually max out my VM based upon my disk size. So on one I have VM as 64GB min and 96GB max. Just max it out.

With VM maxed, try only with one instance first.
pimpin (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 03:43:12 PM

I usually max out my VM based upon my disk size. So on one I have VM as 64GB min and 96GB max. Just max it out.

ETH.

I ran the modded .bat file and it did indeed run with the GPU's specified which was awesome but short lived.  I ran a second instance with different GPU's specified and it came up initialised and selected the right GPU's BUT when it began hashing it threw GPU errors and then stopped with the error report stating the M port was in use (I assume by the first instance).  So I guess I need to select a different M port?  and maybe the GPU error is related to VM?  I'll increase that and see if it helps.
brunocrypto

Activity: 138
Merit: 2

Globalcurrency -100% backed by gold

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 03:48:21 PM

Same problem here with my B250 Mining Expert -> 8x RX 570 it's ok, as soon i put another one, i got instability on the rig, every mining program stop in a minute or two.

I don't know why, but now on this machine Rig, even add NVIDIA don't work anymore

With Win10 Creator Fall edition, and 2x1600W PSU

❏ GOLDEN CURRENCY
| First cash private money on blockchain |
▬▬▬▬[ 100% backed by gold ]▬▬▬▬
pimpin (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:10:21 PM

Same problem here with my B250 Mining Expert -> 8x RX 570 it's ok, as soon i put another one, i got instability on the rig, every mining program stop in a minute or two.

I don't know why, but now on this machine Rig, even add NVIDIA don't work anymore

With Win10 Creator Fall edition, and 2x1600W PSU

My issue above started out that way but it was suggested that I update to the AMD Adrenaline drivers and that allowed me to add more cards but mining still stops when I go from 9 to 10.  I'm going to try the above later today and will let you know how it goes!  Maybe try Adrenaline and see if that works for you?

yrk1957

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:21:38 PM

ETH.

I ran the modded .bat file and it did indeed run with the GPU's specified which was awesome but short lived.  I ran a second instance with different GPU's specified and it came up initialised and selected the right GPU's BUT when it began hashing it threw GPU errors and then stopped with the error report stating the M port was in use (I assume by the first instance).  So I guess I need to select a different M port?  and maybe the GPU error is related to VM?  I'll increase that and see if it helps.

Just saw in Claymore ETH thread that it supports upto 32 cards. So you should need only one instance.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1433925.0

So I think its down to VM size now...
pimpin (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:46:57 PM

managed to get 10 GPU's mining and the 11 and 12th show up in BIOS as well as Dev Man and Adrenaline but when i run Claymore  i get GPU errors for two of them.  I changed VM to 19 and 24 by the way.
yrk1957

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:50:44 PM

managed to get 10 GPU's mining and the 11 and 12th show up in BIOS as well as Dev Man and Adrenaline but when i run Claymore  i get GPU errors for two of them.  I changed VM to 19 and 24 by the way.

Don't skimp on VM lol! Make it 48 or even 96, no one else needs it.
pimpin (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:02:36 PM

ya I maxed it out at 24000 min and max lol.  I have 8MB of RAM so I believe 24 is the best you can do correct?  Still throwing errors and closing / restarting every few mins.  Not stable at all with the 12 cards running?
yrk1957

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:06:18 PM

ya I maxed it out at 24000 min and max lol.  I have 8MB of RAM so I believe 24 is the best you can do correct?  Still throwing errors and closing / restarting every few mins.  Not stable at all with the 12 cards running?

No No! Max is you free hard disk space.
pimpin (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 08:48:25 PM

k..... Maxed it RTFO and that seems to have done the trick.  All 12 working and well.  No errors no crashing yet lol.  So I guess the answer is Adrenaline and max out the VM forget  the recommended crap lol.  I think I will need a bigger SSD to add any more cards from though by the look of it.  Thanx for the help!  Greatly appreciated.
yrk1957

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 09:11:46 PM

k..... Maxed it RTFO and that seems to have done the trick.  All 12 working and well.  No errors no crashing yet lol.  So I guess the answer is Adrenaline and max out the VM forget  the recommended crap lol.  I think I will need a bigger SSD to add any more cards from though by the look of it.  Thanx for the help!  Greatly appreciated.

Yay!

AMD based setup is just PITA to get working.
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 09:28:35 PM

This is why you shouldnt run Windows as a mining OS. Its a piece of crap. Dont be lazy, run linux and profit.
This is an old quote but worth bringing this note to attention:

The main computer userbase is windows.  There is no denying this....   Thus solutions that fit the most widely accepted and used OS;  tend to be the most sought after by "the masses".

Not saying windows is better;  or anything close.  Most people straight up throw their hands in the air when it comes to linux.

The need for my batch files to launch ccminer are a prime example of people's lack of ability to decipher and assemble a command line argument by running the "xxx.exe --help" command.....  and this is just in windows where its widely accepted for apps to have minimal or no command-line arguments.

Facts of life drive the meta.

But its good you guys have been getting good results.

I'm waiting on acquiring more GPU's for hooking into my D8P board and testing the limits of card count in windows myself on the B250 chipset.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
pimpin (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 09:40:55 PM
Merited by JaredKaragen (1)

This is why you shouldnt run Windows as a mining OS. Its a piece of crap. Dont be lazy, run linux and profit.
This is an old quote but worth bringing this note to attention:

The main computer userbase is windows.  There is no denying this....   Thus solutions that fit the most widely accepted and used OS;  tend to be the most sought after by "the masses".

Not saying windows is better;  or anything close.  Most people straight up throw their hands in the air when it comes to linux.

The need for my batch files to launch ccminer are a prime example of people's lack of ability to decipher and assemble a command line argument by running the "xxx.exe --help" command.....  and this is just in windows where its widely accepted for apps to have minimal or no command-line arguments.

Facts of life drive the meta.

But its good you guys have been getting good results.

I'm waiting on acquiring more GPU's for hooking into my D8P board and testing the limits of card count in windows myself on the B250 chipset.

I use Ubuntu every day but I don't profess to be any good at it TBH.  I started down the Linux path with this project when I ran into some literature saying that W10 was actually faster for mining etc.  This was a surprise and TBH I have yet to test it out.  My "mentor" in this area suggested that I would want to mod and flash cards in Win10 due to ease but would likely want to run on a Linux based system at some point so we shall see.
Darnn

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 04:27:24 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you need 1 PCI express line per  GPU (hence only PCI-e X1 being used for mining) so you also have to look for CPU with correct amount of lines?  So for example Intel Celeron G3930 would  be a no go.
yrk1957

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:40:22 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you need 1 PCI express line per  GPU (hence only PCI-e X1 being used for mining) so you also have to look for CPU with correct amount of lines?  So for example Intel Celeron G3930 would  be a no go.

I believe the these B250 based mining motherboards provide lanes from chipset rather than CPU.
JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 12:37:06 AM

I believe the these B250 based mining motherboards provide lanes from chipset rather than CPU.

@yrk1957 I think its not that case.

that's 16 lanes from the CPU.... where's the issue?   the mining boards just have custom bios's, and less extra hardware like audio, extra SATA/IDE controllers, etc.  Nothing super fancy past that for PCIE;  its all the CPU.

G3930 has 16 lanes, just like my I3-6100 and I3-7100....   

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Mohondoa

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:28:24 AM

I think your problem is windows 10 and afterburner. As much i know windows 10 just can handle 8 GPU at  same type, if you want more GPU at same type you can try windows 7 or try linux and for OC software you can use OverdriveNtool. They can handle more than 8 GPU at same type.
JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 02:40:14 AM

I think your problem is windows 10 and afterburner. As much i know windows 10 just can handle 8 GPU at  same type, if you want more GPU at same type you can try windows 7 or try linux and for OC software you can use OverdriveNtool. They can handle more than 8 GPU at same type.
Also I suggest getting used to using NVSMI commands for setting clocks/etc....  it is a very powerful took, and can easily be scripted for each miner to tailor the settings for each gpu per-rig.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: