Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 01:34:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dogecoins  (Read 2122 times)
malandante

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 12:45:20 PM

Come on guys, let's all make it happen!

Much wonder
So miracle coin
Meriipu

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:35:32 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2013, 02:53:44 PM by Meriipu

I feel my dogecoin rate is slowing down ;____;

so not cool

QUESTION

do I compete with others when stratum detects a new block in figuring out the block? Like, only once every few new blocks do I see an "accepted" appear.

Does accepted mean I figured out the block/share before anyone else who were given that block share, and I can get the next share in the round?

I think I know that shares/blocks as I's saying here is not like solving the entire puzzle, but rather accepted meaning that the pile of possible solutions to the current puzzle is made smaller. But others might have taken care of the piece of the pile that I was trying to take care of or whatever

idk ;;

The dogesitepool seems to only count my workers as active if they have accepted blocks. So like even though my cpuworker says it has a 9khs hash rate, the site suddenly says it has 28 KHS because it had a lucky strike of three or four quick successive accepts.

so confuse
Meriipu

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:12:32 PM

so response
pontiacg5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:52:04 PM

You pool mine, difficulty goes up so your cut of the pie goes down. It is that way with nearly any coin. So responsive because you are asking obvious questions.

There is no "pile" of work, no "time left for next block solve." It is entirely random, being that each guess (share) is totally independent of any other share. You either find a share high enough to submit as a pool share, or you don't. The pool tracks the rate at which you submit shares to calculate your hashrate to verify that you are actually contributing to the pool and that you do have a chance (no matter how small it is) to solve a block. Whatever info that is in that share is all but useless for anything but verification that you are working on mining doges and nothing else.

Please DO NOT send me private messages asking for help setting up GPU miners. I will not respond!!!
Meriipu

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:23:17 PM

Oh. So the accepted things are just ... confirmations of some weird sort?

Also why does my cudaminer say 21 khash/s for my 8800 GTS
but https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison#Nvidia says my card is supposed to get 18000~ khash/s?

You pool mine, difficulty goes up so your cut of the pie goes down. It is that way with nearly any coin. So responsive because you are asking obvious questions.

There is no "pile" of work
WELL I do not understand what the new blocks stratum detects are and what the accepted X/Y things are. So if a share is not part of the pile of work what is a share? It is so confusing

no "time left for next block solve."
But I never said that you are putting words in me of course I know that finding the solution is pretty random but what are the shares that the server counts if they are not parts of the solution space or whatever to calculate?
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:28:31 PM

With more than 8 billion coins already in existance i don't see it rising much. I think many will get burned on this hype.
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:25:10 PM

With more than 8 billion coins already in existance i don't see it rising much. I think many will get burned on this hype.

agreed, that leaves another ~92 billion to be minted still. I'd speculate that it's going to drop to somewhere around the value of COL.
JamesRussles

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

True to Decentralization

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 05:33:20 PM

agreed, that leaves another ~92 billion to be minted still. I'd speculate that it's going to drop to somewhere around the value of COL.

And I'm sure you heard about COL on Business Insider, also? http://www.businessinsider.com/what-is-dogecoin-2013-12

PS lrn2marketcap

pontiacg5

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:36:12 PM

but https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison#Nvidia says my card is supposed to get 18000~ khash/s?

WELL I do not understand what the new blocks stratum detects are and what the accepted X/Y things are. So if a share is not part of the pile of work what is a share? It is so confusing

But I never said that you are putting words in me of course I know that finding the solution is pretty random but what are the shares that the server counts if they are not parts of the solution space or whatever to calculate?

Do you know what a block is? It is a list of transactions, some random gibberish, and a few timestamps and other similar data. The transaction info can not be changed, but the noonce (gibberish) and the timestamps can be modified.

When you change that stuff, your computer then runs it through a hashing algorithm. Bitcoin uses sha-256, and litecoin//doge uses scrypt. The computer has absolutely no idea what the resulting hash is going to be until it calculates it (that is what keeps the entire network secure) That hash is a share, and if that share is special enough it's a block. It has to have leading zeros, statistically it is probable to find one share with so many leading zeros based on hashes/sec on the network chances are one will be found within 10 minutes (btc) 2.5 min (ltc) or whatever doge is. The terget number, difficulty, changes as more hashes/sec are added to the network.

If a share is not a high enough difficulty to be counted as a share (for the pool to track your rate, NO other uses) or a block your mining program will change some gibberish in the block and try hashing it again. If it comes out with a low enough hash it is submitted to the network as a valid block.

Do you see now how there is no "working to" a block? If someone else finds a block then everything is changed. When you work a hash, changing one tiny number changes everything. It really doesn't matter which block you were on, your chances are ALWAYS exactly the same, but variance isn't  Wink

Guess I should add that your chances aren't always exactly the same unless you somehow consistantly maintain your eaxct percentage of the network hashrate. Difficulty slowly but suddenly increases at a set interval, so over time your chances decrease.

Please DO NOT send me private messages asking for help setting up GPU miners. I will not respond!!!
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:36:37 PM

and why a coin should have a low value, only because there is more of it? value isn't tied with rarity but to the request
Meriipu

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:55:51 PM

Do you know what a block is? It is a list of transactions, some random gibberish, and a few timestamps and other similar data. The transaction info can not be changed, but the noonce (gibberish) and the timestamps can be modified.

When you change that stuff, your computer then runs it through a hashing algorithm. Bitcoin uses sha-256, and litecoin//doge uses scrypt. The computer has absolutely no idea what the resulting hash is going to be until it calculates it (that is what keeps the entire network secure) That hash is a share, and if that share is special enough it's a block. It has to have leading zeros, statistically it is probable to find one share with so many leading zeros based on hashes/sec on the network chances are one will be found within 10 minutes (btc) 2.5 min (ltc) or whatever doge is. The terget number, difficulty, changes as more hashes/sec are added to the network.

If a share is not a high enough difficulty to be counted as a share (for the pool to track your rate, NO other uses) or a block your mining program will change some gibberish in the block and try hashing it again. If it comes out with a low enough hash it is submitted to the network as a valid block.

Do you see now how there is no "working to" a block? If someone else finds a block then everything is changed. When you work a hash, changing one tiny number changes everything. It really doesn't matter which block you were on, your chances are ALWAYS exactly the same, but variance isn't  Wink

Guess I should add that your chances aren't always exactly the same unless you somehow consistantly maintain your eaxct percentage of the network hashrate. Difficulty slowly but suddenly increases at a set interval, so over time your chances decrease.

What are the yays and boos my miner lists? And why are they so rare?
pontiacg5

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:19:02 PM

What are the yays and boos my miner lists? And why are they so rare?

What mining program are you using? It sounds like a meme miner or something to be using terms like that. If I had to venture a guess a yey would be an accepted share, and a boo is either a reject or a stale share. A reject is one that is incorrect, or kecked back from the pool for being stale, and a stale is a share that solves immediately after another valid block was found. Usually a few milliseconds later, so it no longer is a good share being it came from a block that never made it into the chain. That is the only time you can waste work, and it's not as much a problem if you have a low hashrate.

They are both probably rare because of the low hashrate you are running. The reason you don't get 18000~ khash/s is because that is a bitcoin comparison chart, and it is mh/s not kh/s. That is what makes BTC and LTC/DOG different, BTC uses easy peasy sha-256, while LTC uses Scrypt which is a more intensive hashing protocol. As it's harder to hash, it runs with around a factor of 1000 times slower than BTC mining on the same hardware.

Meriipu

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:40:58 PM

Cudaminer.

And thanks. That makes tons of sense with the BTC/Doge part.

I just have to figure out what a share is now.
pontiacg5

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:45:37 PM

A share is a block, but not of a high enough difficulty for the network to accept. It's used for the pool, nothing further. It's your way of proving to the pool that you are mining. Pools pay differnetly for shares. Search for mining pool reward payment types, you'll learn more than you ever need to know from the wiki alone. Should be the first result on google.

Though it is for BTC, many things are similar for most all altcoins including doge

Mikellev

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 11:17:00 PM

We are back !     Testserverino is back in Town! Most reliable Pool since coin started. So much trust, we didnt disapoint our miners. New hardware all fine. 0% Fee !

http://doge.poolerino.com/

So its just from testserverino to poolerino ..... Name changed, much else, much Doge !
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: