Ladies and gentlemen, let me be the first to announce a new coin. It seems that forking (now referred to as f'ing) the Bitcoin protocol is the cool thing to do lately. And I'm nothing if not cool and trendy, so here goes:InfiniCoin
! It is in fact every digital coin except for the dreaded Bitcoin. Just replace 'infini' with your name of choice and BOOM! You've got a coin! Apparently you don't even need to know much about coding or how to be a decent human being to make a new coin.
Reasons I now think it's a scam after playing with it:
- They only made one minor modification to the source code (changing 50 -> 96)
- Already mined 400k IxCoins themselves.
- Copied and leveraged bitcoin community with minimal input. Product doesn't have much value on its own.
- wallet.dat is 52mb already. Within a year that will be 3gb. This is not sustainable in terms of computer resources.
I've already started a few of my own:MrBitcoinCoin
- I've only privately mined 1.4 quadrillion which is not much since there is no limit to the total amount that can be generatedMrsBitCoin
- My lady wanted her own coin, so POW she has oneFCoin
- Finally a coin that says what it does - trying to f-up Bitcoins. I considered calling it 'IHateBitcoinsAndWantToSeeThemFailCoin
' While extrordinarily catchy, it is a little long to type.
Anyway, Just add your favorite coin here and we'll click the buttons to steal hard working miners, help people lose faith in Bitcoins, dilute the already tiny market for digital currency, and hopefully, just maybe, destroy Bitcoins!