Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:02:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stainless steel bitcoin cold storage wallets  (Read 7773 times)
ColdCoin

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 08:23:49 AM

I would be wary of any newbie selling could be the same people and scam, do they offer escrow?

Hey zolace, no we do not offer escrow, as we're an ecommerce site, not just a forum member here. With the amount of orders we have received in our time since launch, it would be crazy to handle! We are new to the bittalk community, but have already shipped many orders. We launched our product after about a month of research, and on the day after we launched, this coldcoin site was registered, and started advertising with photoshopped images of their cards. Im assuming they just saw our idea and decided to give it a shot, but who knows! As for the "not enough demand" reasoning, unless they had expectations that were way to high, we've found the demand to be more than expected.

We've defiantly received a lot of interest from the community, but a lot of scepticism as well after this coldcoins incident. That is why we are waiting until people from this community have received their orders before we advertise much more. Keep checking the forums over the next few days, I'm sure people will start reporting their orders!

Crypto Cards

First, let me clarify, I am not the “coldcoins” guy you’re speaking of. I’m just an unfortunate predecessor of the same name. Someone who has invested a considerable amount into a creating a remarkably unique cold storage collectible, under the ColdCoin name, before this unfortunate experiment.

I find it interesting that Chris Sweeting registered his domain a day after you announced your product.

I also find it interesting that he announced his product a few hours later. Just enough time to throw up a nice website and copy. Not long enough, however , to get manufacturing worked out or to even create a prototype (exceptions noted). 

I find it interesting, yet likely a true coincidence, that he registered the coldcoins.co domain 6 days AFTER I registered the www.coldco.in .

And lastly (but not finally), I find it interesting that he registered the “coldcoins” username here just hours after I registered “ColdCoin.”

I presume he had intentions of creating a trusted and sustainable venture. I also figure the simplest explanation is he got ahead of himself and discovered unforeseen challenges after he had orders lining up. I don’t know. I made that up.

I find it disappointing though, that rather than owning the problem and making it right, right away, he appears to have disappeared from the forums and left a lot of people in the in the dark who still want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Unfortunately, I discovered his product announcement while our first edition physical coins were well into the minting process. I already wrote the mint a hefty check (they declined to accept bitcoin).

I was pretty bummed to share the name, but I just figured the free market would work it out. I guess it has, but I’ll be answering to his reputation for quite some time.

Really I just wanted to say 2 things… no 3.

1)   I’m not him, he’s not me. 2 similar yet very different products.
2)   If you have ordered a metal card from coldcoins.co, and have not received a refund, I will give you one of our first run cold storage coins. Free. Just PM me your receipt info and I’ll take care of you (i hope there are very very few of you ;-)
3)   Once again, we are coldco.in . No affiliation whatsoever with coldcoins.co

-Shane

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 08:26:12 AM

It goes a long way to give away review units to trusted forum members.

hephaist0s

Activity: 711
Merit: 532

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 12:25:56 AM

I would be wary of any newbie selling could be the same people and scam, do they offer escrow?

Hey zolace, no we do not offer escrow, as we're an ecommerce site, not just a forum member here. With the amount of orders we have received in our time since launch, it would be crazy to handle! We are new to the bittalk community, but have already shipped many orders. We launched our product after about a month of research, and on the day after we launched, this coldcoin site was registered, and started advertising with photoshopped images of their cards. Im assuming they just saw our idea and decided to give it a shot, but who knows! As for the "not enough demand" reasoning, unless they had expectations that were way to high, we've found the demand to be more than expected.

We've defiantly received a lot of interest from the community, but a lot of scepticism as well after this coldcoins incident. That is why we are waiting until people from this community have received their orders before we advertise much more. Keep checking the forums over the next few days, I'm sure people will start reporting their orders!

Crypto Cards

First, let me clarify, I am not the “coldcoins” guy you’re speaking of. I’m just an unfortunate predecessor of the same name. Someone who has invested a considerable amount into a creating a remarkably unique cold storage collectible, under the ColdCoin name, before this unfortunate experiment.

I find it interesting that Chris Sweeting registered his domain a day after you announced your product.

I also find it interesting that he announced his product a few hours later. Just enough time to throw up a nice website and copy. Not long enough, however , to get manufacturing worked out or to even create a prototype (exceptions noted). 

I find it interesting, yet likely a true coincidence, that he registered the coldcoins.co domain 6 days AFTER I registered the www.coldco.in .

And lastly (but not finally), I find it interesting that he registered the “coldcoins” username here just hours after I registered “ColdCoin.”

I presume he had intentions of creating a trusted and sustainable venture. I also figure the simplest explanation is he got ahead of himself and discovered unforeseen challenges after he had orders lining up. I don’t know. I made that up.

I find it disappointing though, that rather than owning the problem and making it right, right away, he appears to have disappeared from the forums and left a lot of people in the in the dark who still want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Unfortunately, I discovered his product announcement while our first edition physical coins were well into the minting process. I already wrote the mint a hefty check (they declined to accept bitcoin).

I was pretty bummed to share the name, but I just figured the free market would work it out. I guess it has, but I’ll be answering to his reputation for quite some time.

Really I just wanted to say 2 things… no 3.

1)   I’m not him, he’s not me. 2 similar yet very different products.
2)   If you have ordered a metal card from coldcoins.co, and have not received a refund, I will give you one of our first run cold storage coins. Free. Just PM me your receipt info and I’ll take care of you (i hope there are very very few of you ;-)
3)   Once again, we are coldco.in . No affiliation whatsoever with coldcoins.co

-Shane

He didn't just leave people in the dark -- he took their money, so that's theft.

I'm interested in seeing what you've come up with, and have sent you a pm.

Tips graciously accepted on my behalf by Mr. Pig. | object2212.com | BTC:1H78y8FVeQrWY6KnxA6WLFQGUoajCuiMAu | ETH:0x3c1bC39EC7F3f6b26ACb6eeeEFe7dE2f486a72E9
AmericanBit

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 03:46:00 AM

hmm
popinjay

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 04:01:50 AM

Anybody receive their refund yet?  Still waiting here....

Guess the guys name is Chris Sweeting?
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 05:37:54 AM

Time to dox

xabbix

Activity: 49

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 01:03:36 PM

Anybody receive their refund yet?  Still waiting here....

Guess the guys name is Chris Sweeting?

How do you know his name? can you provide some resources?
popinjay

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 10:53:49 PM

http://www.bizfeedz.com/coldcoins-creates-fireproof-wallet-for-bitcoin-and-litecoin/
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:14:29 AM

Random user registers on this forum then announces site and project then takes money and lastly doesn't respond/refund.

People please use escrow if there are trust issues with new members.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

popinjay

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 02:46:41 PM

Random user registers on this forum then announces site and project then takes money and lastly doesn't respond/refund.

People please use escrow if there are trust issues with new members.

You're right, it is pretty stupid.  It was my first transaction with bitcoin, that wasn't an obviously real company (I've bought stuff through legit companies before). I definitely wouldn't have done it without escrow if it was a large sum of money.  I can deal with losing $50, but it's just annoying getting ripped off by scumbag scammers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: