Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:17:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A coin issued by some country government - would you go for it?  (Read 942 times)
jamesclark

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:09:30 AM

If that coin would be issued by some of great countries with great economical background I will deffinately invest in it

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:00:51 AM

If that coin would be issued by some of great countries with great economical background I will deffinately invest in it

How would you invest in it when governments are only looking to tokenize their existing fiat system? If you have $100,000 in your bank account, you directly have that number in fiat tokens when they decide to completely shift over. It's not a matter of 'I will probably embrace it', but you have to embrace it when the government thinks it's time.

Not every country will end up initiating an ICO for its own benefit similar to what Venezuela did. Maduro just needs to secure his criminal empire, which is exactly why that PetroCoin was created. All his traditional assets can be seized/frozen, which isn't possible with his new crypto toy. It's a safe haven asset granting his criminal squad a peace of mind. We'll see how long it will last, but know that every investor putting money in that coin financially supports Maduro to keep terrorizing his country.
Seeker#9

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:50:56 AM

Any government-issued coin or token will not be decentralized and is subject to control by their central bank. It will be the same like their national currency or fiat and the only difference is being a virtual currency. It's better to stick on the real blockchain-based and decentralized cryptocurrencies where no one is controlling it.
d0flaming0

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 11:32:10 AM

personally, we already knew what will likely to happen when there is an issued cryptocurrency by the government, but if it is really a mandatory and there are certain conditions to be met, then there is no other choice aside from going on with it, but if there are some things that doesn't seem right, then there is no reason for me to go on.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 12:00:25 PM

Why not? Every digital currencies has their own advantages, and I think there are a reason why the government created such currency. If that currency has a advantage to me when I will be using it, I will gladly buy some. But I don't think that it will be used by the government to have another way of getting a source of money so I think if they will be issuing a crypto currency, it might be a currency with the value the same as their currency.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:03:40 PM

If the Government issues their own cryptocurrency then it means it would be centralized & state would be having a record of its citizens that would(if) they hold state-issued cryptocurrencies. It may work as same as fiat money that working in a current era, which would be adopted as state crypto and all the buying/selling would be allowed but in their own country but that coin can be exchanged with another country cryptocurrency same as fiat exchange. By doing so the concept of decentralization would have nothing to do with state cryptocurrency.
There is nothing that would make it different from the fiat system that we have always had. I never liked ripple because of that and one of the reason I have never believed in its future no matter how high the price wants to rise eventually because it is centralized, so if I cannot invest in a coin that calls itself a bankers coin, how on earth will I want to invest in a currency owned or issued by the government, hoping something good will come out of it in the long term.

We have been doing that since we were kids before satoshi gave us an option, the decentralization option is far better from the look of things.
Kertmu

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 01:21:04 PM

Imagine that some respectable country would go far beyond legalizing cryptocurrency and start one of its own. It would surely be no scam and it would probably have a strong support, but would there be any drawbacks to the currency and the state itself? Would it get more attention than some of the biggest coins now?
Of course such a coin will have guarantees from the government and it is supported. The economy of the country will also support and use the cryptocurrency.
crypto_nd

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

Less troubles

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:04:29 PM

of course it will be a good investment, if my country come up with it own cryptocurrency for sure i will buy it, but you have to know that it will be regulated and nothing like anonymity. you will have to provide a valid identification for purchase.   
Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:48:22 PM

the government-owned central coin is the replacement of fiat currency nothing more than in the form of paper they issue digital coin and integrate blockchain for tracking of transactions
I would try out those new coins issued by governments in order to check the percent profit as I am a productive person so I will spread my portfolio everywhere. Besides the Bitcoin and other crypto businesses I will tryout those coins as well. Furthermore, I will buy those coins if coins are with the same nature just like the Bitcoin and other coins as to be familiar with those coins and to get the profit without any involvement.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:49:16 PM

Imagine that some respectable country would go far beyond legalizing cryptocurrency and start one of its own. It would surely be no scam and it would probably have a strong support, but would there be any drawbacks to the currency and the state itself? Would it get more attention than some of the biggest coins now?
It does not matter what country creates a cryptocurrency I will never use it, the first cryptocurrency bitcoin was created by satoshi as an effort to get away from the current economic system, and I'm not going to begin to use a cryptocurrency that is nothing more than a fiat currency that is designed to keep us captive of a system that is institutionalized fraud.
Palodar

Activity: 376
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 11:27:16 PM

It does not matter what country creates a cryptocurrency I will never use it, the first cryptocurrency bitcoin was created by satoshi as an effort to get away from the current economic system, and I'm not going to begin to use a cryptocurrency that is nothing more than a fiat currency that is designed to keep us captive of a system that is institutionalized fraud.
I don't really want the government get involve in crypto since they might make some manipulation to their people, but if they will make coin that can do easy access on government facilities or will implement wide use it will be a good idea tho.

▬▬[  AssetStream.co  ] ▬▬ [ The Global Decentralized Peer To Peer Microfinance Platform] ▬
▌ Replacing Intermediaries With Blockchain Technology▐
▬▬  PUBLIC PRE SALE  - MAY 27th | Twitter | Telegram | Reddit | Medium | ANN Thread | Facebook ▬▬
hodl_news

Activity: 92
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 11:33:44 PM

The idea of creating a state own crypto currency will not be supported by the people, since the state crypto currency will not be anonymous and will limit users in monetary transactions. The state should implement the already existing crypto-currencies and not resist progress.
East2011

Activity: 454
Merit: 10

"Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM"

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 11:53:43 PM

If the coin they issue is good. I will go for it. But now i prefer to invest in coin that are establish long enough. I hard to go for coins that are controlled by governments.

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
WHITEPAPER   ●   FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   MEDIUM   ●   ANN THREAD
Hirameki

Activity: 176

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 01:28:43 AM

Yes it will as most of its going investors will be on government it was expected annually since cryptocurrency is a good source of money capitalization or crowd funding that they will not needing so much money for them to use and they will go for an ico to make this things happens.

I've read a news a while ago the is related to the topic.

https://kryptonexgroup.com/?clickID=5eweu5lekkxn&aff=&c=PH&tid=102f944a797b70fff4b5f6938fb2c9&aff_id=1209

If that is the case then there will no more foreign exchange. Paper currency suffers from inflation therefore for investors it is more profitable to invest in a coin backed by the government. It will also give the investor the convinience of investing becausw it is cryprocurrency and they can also invest in other country's crypto with ease.

entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 01:53:19 AM

The idea of creating a state own crypto currency will not be supported by the people, since the state crypto currency will not be anonymous and will limit users in monetary transactions. The state should implement the already existing crypto-currencies and not resist progress.

Well we have yet to see it. Some countries Like Japan is already planning to implement a state backed cryptocurrency. Even though its backbone is blockchain technology, it is still a centralized currency that is controlled by the government but since it technology will be base on blockchain then it would be more efficient and has less cost than making and circulating the physical coins known as fiat. I would assume that still many people would use it because it is backed by government and it is regulated and people tends to trust more the money backed by government than the existing ones that are decentralized.

If I have no choice but to use it then I'll go with it. Maybe our government would decide that we cannot directly purchase or sell other cryptocurrencies to fiat but instead we should exchange it to their currency so I have to go through it just to have some fiat since it is an undeniable fact that we still need fiat in our lives because cryptocurrency has still limited scope.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
Ryanpogi

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 02:17:16 AM

Yes of course! Why not? I want to join one of the government to support our government. It's also for our future and for the country's economy. Thanks. .
vazarii

Activity: 101
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:25:16 AM

I would buy some just to support the government but I do not think that it can as much successful as bitcoins. Most of the crypto  investors will trust only old and reliable coins.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:41:33 AM

Attention can be earned only one centralized crypto currency - this is the country's crypto currency. It is the coin of his country that may still be suitable for our use. It's worth to buy to check how it will work in practice, can, and will provide certain usability. The centralized crypto currency of other countries, in my opinion, will be of little interest to us.
jamesclark

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:16:27 AM

Of course, it depends on which government would support that coin, because if it is my government I doubd, that would go into it!
EnricoGomez

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:35:04 AM

I totally would.
If a government would issue a cryptocurrency, that would mean that the country is transitioning over digital money with the purpose of convenience and benefits over the traditional fiat and ideally to be used widely on the area.
I do not think that there is much of a choice except to go with it, the government is powerful.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: