Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:27:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh, big companies must love free markets...  (Read 1857 times)
Anonymous

August 16, 2011, 08:16:58 PM

Look at the most capitalistic, laissez-fair presidential candidate we have -- Ron Paul. Holy shit, look at all those corporate sponsors who want freer markets. $50,000! Isn't that corrupt!?

It's not like the remaining millions of funds he has came from regular people like you and me! I bet it came from secret companies! Those bastards!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 08:21:01 PM

Interesting. But those companies prefer to game the market rather than compete. A free market would eat their lunch. In fact if they did not receive my tax money they would be gone already.  Angry

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
AyeYo

Activity: 154
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 08:21:44 PM

I guess we'll just ignore the fact that the Ron Paul list is a who's who of defense contractors.  Roll Eyes

Two sides, same coin.

Enjoying the dose of reality or getting a laugh out of my posts? Feel free to toss me a penny or two, everyone else seems to be doing it! 1Kn8NqvbCC83zpvBsKMtu4sjso5PjrQEu1
Anonymous

August 16, 2011, 08:24:49 PM

I guess we'll just ignore the fact that the Ron Paul list is a who's who of defense contractors.  Roll Eyes

Two sides, same coin.
He wants all of our troops home. He's actually skeptical of 9/11.

Maybe the people who work for these companies actually would like to see the wars over to innovate in other markets? ...let's not forget the amount is negligible. Far less than 5% of his contributions.
AyeYo

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 08:26:26 PM

Two sides, same coin.

Which is obviously why every defense contractor in the country is backing him... because they want to destroy themselves.

Enjoying the dose of reality or getting a laugh out of my posts? Feel free to toss me a penny or two, everyone else seems to be doing it! 1Kn8NqvbCC83zpvBsKMtu4sjso5PjrQEu1
Anonymous

August 16, 2011, 08:28:37 PM

Two sides, same coin.

Which is obviously why every defense contractor in the country is backing him... because they want to destroy themselves.
Maybe his actions will lead to more of a focus on defense at home and more sales due to said change? He has never lied or left his principles. He will not advocate war.
AyeYo

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 08:32:23 PM

Two sides, same coin.

Maybe his actions will lead to more of a focus on defense at home and more sales due to said change? He has never lied or left his principles. He will not advocate war.

LOL  Yea yea, that's gotta be it!  They're going to make SO MUCH MORE money when he cuts the defense budget to 1/10 of what it is and ends the three wars we're involved in. hahahhaha  You're such a funny guy!

Anonymous

August 16, 2011, 08:33:15 PM

Two sides, same coin.

LOL  Yea yea, that's gotta be it!  They're going to make SO MUCH MORE money when he cuts the defense budget to 1/10 of what it is and ends the three wars we're involved in. hahahhaha  You're such a funny guy!
Maybe you don't understand their motives? Maybe they are conscious businesses?
timmey

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 08:38:43 PM

Those public fund raising campaigns everytime when there's an upcoming election in U.S. are just insane. Why not say every party gets a max of 5million (or whatever) from tax money that they can use on their election campaign. Not a single cent more. Those huge donations from companies only lead to lobbyism...
AyeYo

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 08:40:09 PM

Two sides, same coin.

YES!  That's what it must be!  They're just really good guys that would have us all living in libertarian utopia, even if it means the destruction of their multi-billion dollar businesses!  You're so smart!

Anonymous

August 16, 2011, 08:54:01 PM

Those public fund raising campaigns everytime when there's an upcoming election in U.S. are just insane. Why not say every party gets a max of 5million (or whatever) from tax money that they can use on their election campaign. Not a single cent more. Those huge donations from companies only lead to lobbyism...
This only creates a monopoly on people who can get away with secretly funneling more money. It would be a disaster if they set a limit.
timmey

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 09:32:30 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2011, 10:21:06 PM by timmey

This only creates a monopoly on people who can get away with secretly funneling more money. It would be a disaster if they set a limit.
Not really. In France, just for example, parties are not allowed to accept donations from companies at all. Donations from single persons are limited to 7,500€/year max. Bank accounts of the parties are public, the salaries for the members of parliament are public too. Election campaigns must be financed from the money within the public accounts. Parties can "claim back" the campaign money from the tax money, if their party gets at least 0.5% of the votes. And since the accounts are public, they only get back what they really paid for the campaign. So this way an election campaign is a bit more about getting votes from people and not just about collecting big big money from companies to do them "a favor" afterwards.
The Script

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 09:55:51 PM

Look at the most capitalistic, laissez-fair presidential candidate we have -- Ron Paul. Holy shit, look at all those corporate sponsors who want freer markets. $50,000! Isn't that corrupt!?

It's not like the remaining millions of funds he has came from regular people like you and me! I bet it came from secret companies! Those bastards!

Are these contributions from the companies themselves or from individuals working for the companies?
Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 11:15:45 PM

Based on your assumptions about corporations who support republicans or democrats this statement may seem a bit inconsistent. To clarify, this is of course only the case when they support the guy you like?
AyeYo

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 01:08:41 AM

Based on your assumptions about corporations who support republicans or democrats this statement may seem a bit inconsistent. To clarify, this is of course only the case when they support the guy you like?

Obviously, bro.  Anyone that agrees with my inherently a great person and highly ethical.  Anyone that disagrees with me is unethical by default.

AyeYo

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 01:21:11 AM

That is exactly what happens, in war times defense budgets get exhausted paying for bullets and battle gear, not innovating and modernizing defense technology.... so yes they would certainly like the wars to be over, they could stop the tide of their projects getting cancelled and stop the cutting of thousands of defense sector jobs which in large part are highly skilled white collar engineering jobs which is vital for the American economy.

War is obviously not profitable for defense contractors.  That must be why defense contractors love war.  They obviously want to destroy themselves.

AyeYo

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 01:38:08 AM

War is obviously not profitable for defense contractors.  That must be why defense contractors love war.  They obviously want to destroy themselves.

I'm done, your just making BS up... you can't argue with someone who pulls illogical crap out of their arseYou'd be hard pressed to find a defense contractor who likes war, most of their large projects get cut or reduced and a lot of the remaining work is in minimally profitable consumables replacement and maintenance contracts.

The Script

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 01:55:43 AM

Uh....Halliburton?  Bechtel?  Are people really arguing that Defense Contractors aren't profiting from these wars?!?  They are making billions in government contracts.  For example:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2007/11/20/iraq-contractors-idINN2060036120071120

The Script

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 02:04:34 AM

Ah.  I see.  Perhaps I should read the thread a little more carefully next time.
Fakeman

Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 02:10:42 PM

How is it that the US Army, Navy and Air Force are making political contributions? Unless I'm misunderstanding something, wouldn't that be tax money they're spending to do that? If the list represents contributions made by individuals who happen to work for XYZ then that's another matter of course.

16wEsax3GGvJmjiXCMQUWeHdgyDG5DXa2W
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: