Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:45:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MooCoin beta. 500 invites available. Looking for feedback on this new project.  (Read 4886 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
moocoin (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Do you moo?

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 05:02:19 PM

I'd love the development feature, however, you may want to reconsider the profit split.

I'd love the development feature, however, you may want to reconsider the profit split.

I'm curious what you would recommend.  We've thought a lot about this and feel that an 80/20 split fairly compensates both parties.
Developers don't have to deal with servers, blockchain integration, security, moving BTC, databases, etc.  They only have to handle game logic and UI.

What do others think?

Thanks,
The MooCoin Team

The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Drug5bitz

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:30:34 PM

invite?

If you would like to donate to my jalapeno mods, or just buy me a b33r it's all appreciated.

BTC Address 1DX24XAojH2qjAgFzbME81o9BD3yDjfGLR
moocoin (OP)

Do you moo?

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 07:02:20 PM

Game doesn't seem to be working:

It's stuck on that page and I can't even make a wager.

Thank you.   A couple of folks have pointed out that things are getting stuck on Firefox.   
We're on it!

moocoin (OP)

Do you moo?

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 08:32:41 PM

Game doesn't seem to be working:

It's stuck on that page and I can't even make a wager.
Hmm, I am using OSX 10.9 with firefox and can't seem to make a move on either of the paper, rock or scissors. I have BTC there for the free captchas. I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem?
I can't get it working. It tells me to make my move but none of the buttons do anything, also I seem to be already matched with an opponent and "Create new game" is disabled.

Hey folks,
These issues have been fixed.  FireFox is now supported.

Thanks!
The MooCoin Team

dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:40:57 PM

great!

Will all the balances become availible when you launch officially, or is this "playing money"? Smiley

Damn you are using that anti bot thingy Tongue We will not get rich... Tongue
gogodr

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:04:27 PM

I really suggest you to limmit the get free bitcoins to a certain ammount.
like primedice does. If your balance is over a certain quantity, you can't ask for more free bitcoins.
Otherwise, making a bot for that captcha is not really that hard and the ammount of bitocoin you give might be tempting to make a bot for it.
moocoin (OP)

Do you moo?

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 10:09:43 PM

great!

Will all the balances become availible when you launch officially, or is this "playing money"? Smiley

Damn you are using that anti bot thingy Tongue We will not get rich... Tongue

Hi,
Undecided about the balances carrying forward to the real launch, but we will definitely have something special lined up for the folks who helped during the beta.

The captcha (anti-bot image) isn't as effective as we had hoped.  There are already a couple of bots on the site that are funneling off the faucet and collecting btc.  We're going to move to a different captcha soon.  Too bad, really.  We wanted to keep a simple, fun captcha in place but we can't let folks abuse it.

You can still get rich - if you deposit $1 (about .001 btc) and win 15 games in a row, you'll be a millionaire.  That's what excites us about MooCoin...in each game, someone wins!

moocoin (OP)

Do you moo?

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 10:19:46 PM

I really suggest you to limmit the get free bitcoins to a certain ammount.
like primedice does. If your balance is over a certain quantity, you can't ask for more free bitcoins.
Otherwise, making a bot for that captcha is not really that hard and the ammount of bitocoin you give might be tempting to make a bot for it.

We already have a couple of captcha bots running the faucet, but we have a few server-side limits in place that make sure that no one is going to get rich by creating a bot.  This is something that we know contributes to a negative customer experience for those players who don't abuse the site.  We're all over it  Smiley

Thanks!

dnaleor
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:30:32 PM

Actually...

I discovered accidently that when you click multiple times on "submit answer" you receive the multiple of payouts at once.
My brother said that he has a program called slickbot that can auto click a button.

So the system goes like this:
1) Find the correct answer manually
2) start the program ((his default setting was 10000 clicks)
3) refresh the page when it "flips" (black page)
4) receive payout

He tested it and it resulted in payouts of 75 up to 350 uBTC Wink
I tested it also a few times Wink
And he probably told his friends...

The solution is just to impose a maximum of maybe 1 payout in a minute. Problem solved.
(because you sill need to finish the captcha manually. And the "time window" for the 1000 clicks to occur is just a few seconds)

I do not want to be a jerk and want to help your project, so I tell you this Smiley

moocoin (OP)

Do you moo?

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 11:45:46 PM

Actually...

I discovered accidently that when you click multiple times on "submit answer" you receive the multiple of payouts at once.
My brother said that he has a program called slickbot that can auto click a button.

4) receive payout

The solution is just to impose a maximum of maybe 1 payout in a minute. Problem solved.
(because you sill need to finish the captcha manually. And the "time window" for the 1000 clicks to occur is just a few seconds)

I do not want to be a jerk and want to help your project, so I tell you this Smiley

Thanks for letting us know.  We're moving away from SweetCaptcha.  They just have too many problems for something like a faucet.  We'll have a new captcha up later today.

I appreciate you giving the details on what was happening.  It helped us understand what was happening.

dnaleor
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 12:06:57 AM

I do not only have a negative balance (I know were that is comming from Wink )
but the site shows as "mirror image"  strange bug...

edit: I did not create a new game...
jgorham

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 12:29:05 AM

https://i.imgur.com/zM55htC.png

Same thing happening to me on Chrome
moocoin (OP)

Do you moo?

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 01:39:40 AM

Same thing happening to me on Chrome

Strange.  Can you check your Chrome version for me?  And perhaps try clearing your cache?  But make sure you don't lose your url.

Thanks!

dnaleor
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 01:43:44 AM

version 31.0.1650.63

after clearing cache same problem.
gogodr

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 02:34:59 AM
Last edit: December 20, 2013, 03:16:01 AM by gogodr

Actually...

4) receive payout

Thanks for letting us know.  We're moving away from SweetCaptcha.  They just have too many problems for something like a faucet.  We'll have a new captcha up later today.

I appreciate you giving the details on what was happening.  It helped us understand what was happening.
But SweetCaptcha is verty aesthetic and user friendly. I really recommend you to keep it instead of using one of the well known ugly captchas. Implementing fixes for the problems reported in this thread shouldn't be hard at all.

I just tested it and made a bot capable of spamming the faucet with requests.
Kudos on the unconfirmed/confirmed system which slows down bots, yet I still think a server sidded cap is necessary because I made BTC 0.001942 in like 10 minutes which is more than 0.288BTC/day out of a single machine.
This could hurt you a lot.
(I'm not going to withdraw this btc, feel free to pm me and I'll give you the account's key so that you can delete the account)
moocoin (OP)

Do you moo?

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 03:28:31 AM

But SweetCaptcha is verty aesthetic and user friendly. I really recommend you to keep it instead of using one of the well known ugly captchas. Implementing fixes for the problems reported in this thread shouldn't be hard at all.

I just tested it and made a bot capable of spamming the faucet with requests.
Kudos on the unconfirmed/confirmed system which slows down bots, yet I still think a server sidded cap is necessary because I made BTC 0.001942 in like 10 minutes which is more than 0.288BTC/day out of a single machine.
This could hurt you a lot.
(I'm not going to withdraw this btc, feel free to pm me and I'll give you the account's key so that you can delete the account)

We've been looking at Are You A Human as the captcha.  We definitely aren't going to use something ugly. 
AYAH has some problems loading via AJAX, so we may end up on a different solution.  In any case, we prioritize the user experience.  We aren't going to have you guys typing twisted words into little text boxes  Smiley

gogodr

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:00:37 AM

glad to hear that, some website have capchas so difficult that I have to try a couple of times before getting them correctly. And I'm not a robot D: !
moocoin (OP)

Do you moo?

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 06:31:50 AM

Hi All,
The captcha exploit is fixed.  I'd love if a couple of you could attack the server again and see if you can find a clever way to drain it of bitcoins!

Thanks for all of the help everyone,
The MooCoin Team

moocoin (OP)

Do you moo?

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 06:38:15 AM

Hey everyone,
We're going to take the site down for about 24 hours to do some upgrades to the servers.

Thank you all for the help over the past few days.  We'll be back soon.

When we return, all of your accounts will be exactly as they are right now.

Thanks!
The MooCoin Team

Drug5bitz

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 09:35:52 AM

Yeah just noticed the site down, I was also using a macro guessing one answer every 5 sec. With 4 options 25% odds. 20 sec avg. You can do the rest of the math. As the captcha was ascetically pleasing I don't think it will work long term. Just don't go to over board. I struggle with some crazy ones occasionally. Love the interface now that firefox is up. The cloud always wins, it beat bill gates into retirement.

If you would like to donate to my jalapeno mods, or just buy me a b33r it's all appreciated.

BTC Address 1DX24XAojH2qjAgFzbME81o9BD3yDjfGLR
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: