Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:29:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MTGOX: are they incompetent or dishonest?  (Read 1136 times)
klooch (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 11:58:53 AM

On Dec 3 I wired USD funds to MTGox. On Dec 5 they emailed me that the funds had been received by mistake in JPY , and that unless I contacted them otherwise in 3 days, they would credit my account in JPY.
I called my bank, tried to fix it, of course banks don't care so finally on Dec 11 I tell MtGox to go ahead and complete the funding in JPY. They reply to tell me that  "the banking procedure has changed and the deposit would reach us in 7 - 10 business days." 7-10 days when on Dec 5 they already told me that they had received the funds? When I complain they essentially tell me to get stuffed and it's either take it or take it....
Today, I get the following email!!

Dear Valued Customer,

Your deposit has been put on hold as a result of our confirmation process.

To complete the final step of this process we require your company's registration documents for verification.

Verification had been completed almost 1 year ago, on November 27, 2012 and as a matter of fact they are showing that same account where I wired the funds from as a verified account for the withdrawal!!

Am I ever going to see my money again with these people? Is this how they make money really by sitting on funds forever and finding lame excuses to hold onto money even longer?

kuverty

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 09:33:29 PM

I don't have very good experience with them... I got my documents notarized, with an apostille and sent them to Japan, they claimed they didn't get them. I let it be and recently tried again because BTC was suddenly worth a lot, they gave me a deadline to send the paperwork again - Or Else - they'd just delete my account (it had "significant" funds, on a personal level).

Well I did get those nocuments notarized again and sent them with a tracking number this time. I got my account back but they were a pain in the ass and I sent a LOT of messages.
neofutur

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:30:12 AM

do you have a ticket number for this issue ? I ll help escalate your ticket if needed .

level 1 support could have made an error / not seen you are already verified, if you really are.
augustoandrade

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:41:31 PM

i have a similar problema, look in this topic -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=378538.0
infinitybo

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 03:31:37 PM

@klooch I think they are more cautious so just try to send your documents again
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: