Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:13:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The pump and dump tactic  (Read 1630 times)
Chestt

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 07:45:39 PM

As you know, one of the most popular kinds of manipulations on the cryptocurrency market. Big players on the cryptocurrency market are known as whales. They can manipulate the cryptocurrency price using the tactic “Pump and dump”. Whales buy a lot of cryptocurrency in several days causing price increases. This attracts new investors to the cryptocurrency because hamsters want to buy more cryptocurrency in hopes that the price will be raising and they will be able to sell assets for the higher price. But this isn’t happening, because whales, after gaining a specified mark, begin to dump coins. In such way, whales get a profit, and the price of the cryptocurrency falls. How do you think how not to become the prey of such kind of whales` manipulations?

HODL is the best weapon from this kind of so manipulation. Other's go with the flow, buying in dips and when the whales started to make a sell, they usually dump as well and just rebuy in dips. The only problem is that you don't know when are the whales going to dump it, You might be sleeping across the globe while there are a lot of actions going on. So for me, I would rather HODL my coins for long term and will just sell if the condition is ripe for the taking.
Agree with you about HODL. That's the best way for now but this way need a lof of patience. I used group of signals, tried to sell or buy, pump and dump and this is the easiest way to lose your money I can say. I think a lot of people here have the same experience with all of these "signal groups".

Yes, I'm sure HODLing is the best you can do, but sometimes you may just lose the focus and forget about the key word, which is 'patience.'

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 06:43:53 AM

As you know, one of the most popular kinds of manipulations on the cryptocurrency market. Big players on the cryptocurrency market are known as whales. They can manipulate the cryptocurrency price using the tactic “Pump and dump”. Whales buy a lot of cryptocurrency in several days causing price increases. This attracts new investors to the cryptocurrency because hamsters want to buy more cryptocurrency in hopes that the price will be raising and they will be able to sell assets for the higher price. But this isn’t happening, because whales, after gaining a specified mark, begin to dump coins. In such way, whales get a profit, and the price of the cryptocurrency falls. How do you think how not to become the prey of such kind of whales` manipulations?

Some people have suggested that the only way we can stop whales from pumping and dumping the cryptocurrency is by not selling our coins. But that’s not easy, seriously it is not easy,  most of us here our purpose is to buy and make profit from what we bough and once we have made profit we sell out bitcoin, this still create an opportunity for the whales to manipulate the price as they do. So you can’t stop,  it’s not easy,  let’s just say that it is part of everything.
ajaymukund

Activity: 784
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 06:46:00 AM

In order not to become whale prey, you have to spend a lot of time analyzing the market. that is very important. Traders now only look at the chart to invest, which would be easy to bring losses to those people.
We need to observe more for a week, then we understand the whale's strategy. We will have less risk in investing. Wink

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
stabsee83

Activity: 62

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:10:21 AM

pumping and dumping tactics is actually a complex process. from my experience, i do notice when whale enter market becuase you will see a huge and constant buy order however it is always difficult when whales are taking back their investment because there are some factors that may not let you know this. firstly when you follow whale and you invest immediately you are getting 10% interest, you will become uncertisfy and you will not wannat sell your order. secondly whales take profit in fraction so you may not notice it.
Pump and dump is the way whales use to control the market. Many people who are new to this market are driven by pump / dump channels and lose a lot of money. Remember that nothing is easy and pump / dump is not a viable way in this market.
I have been in pump dump groups and i know what they do. They will suggest you to buy a coin and they already have bought it and put sell orders. When you will buy, you will actually buy their orders making them more rich.
karthcrypt

Activity: 266

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:17:22 AM

Control of  your impulses and emotions is the best way to  deal  with such situation.  You may not be able to  control market like the whales,  but  you can control  yourself.  Never buy sell FUD, never buy FOMO!

Troubleshoot

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 08:36:38 AM

The pump and dump is an old trick, very simple, yet powerful. Happens to work these days.
The best antidote to it is your knowledge and understanding of processes around you and your awareness of this kind of tactic. Otherwise, you are ready to jump through the hoops for the manipulators. Although it might be hard, try to avoid reading the opinions of the 'experts' and negative news especially with lots of exclamation marks and tragic headlines. They might be a clear sign of a manipulation.
Stay safe and happy hodlinng! Cool
victorski

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 12:00:55 PM

This is the initial rule here at the cryptocurrency market that every coin is having those periods or seaons of dump and pump. We cannot predict them for we to happen but it is what it is.
gaurav82

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 12:12:04 PM

It's true. These kind of policies really happen. And small investor always bear. There is one way for keep away from it. You buy at bear market like now and hold till good price come. Mostly small investor buys when price is running. Then he becomes fish in net. So buy at bear market instead of running price.
777Jolami

Activity: 700
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 12:45:44 PM

Now is just a chance for us to buy or hold, not to sell pennies and wait patiently, at times the market will recover and the price of the coins will grow strongly.
Temujhin

Activity: 129

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 01:21:06 PM

Maybe we have to do a hold strategy, at least we monitor the movements of the whales, ignore the problem they are pumping and dumping, we don't need to follow their schemes, stay quiet for a while because in the present year they are manipulating and seeking their own profit to outwit new investors
Zodiaclo

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 11:26:54 PM

pumping and dumping tactics is actually a complex process. from my experience, i do notice when whale enter market becuase you will see a huge and constant buy order however it is always difficult when whales are taking back their investment because there are some factors that may not let you know this. firstly when you follow whale and you invest immediately you are getting 10% interest, you will become uncertisfy and you will not wannat sell your order. secondly whales take profit in fraction so you may not notice it.
Pump and dump is the way whales use to control the market. Many people who are new to this market are driven by pump / dump channels and lose a lot of money. Remember that nothing is easy and pump / dump is not a viable way in this market.
I have been in pump dump groups and i know what they do. They will suggest you to buy a coin and they already have bought it and put sell orders. When you will buy, you will actually buy their orders making them more rich.

Very revealing. What makes this information even more precious is that it comes from an insider Wink
Thanks for sharing! I know what pump and dump basically is, but I didn't know the mechanism.
sherwinsamsung

Activity: 201
Merit: 1

GPTCash Weekly Airdrop: https://discord.gg/cujJP4k

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 06:29:42 PM

to add more information:

there are plenty of pump and dump groups in discord and telegram servers where they recruit lots of members.  in this group, the admin will announce on a certain date/time which coin to pump.  then members will religiously buy the said coins causing upswing of price and cause panic buying.

the reality is that admins have been buying the choice coins several days in advance prior to announcement.  they usually sell these coins right after announcement.  the poor victims unknowlingly buy the coins.  these are the coins that the admins had bought days ago.

what this means is that admins dumped their coins to the members of the group.

▂▆●● SynchrotronCoin.com - Payment solution - Airdrops live NOW!●●▆▂
NorihiroName

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:46:04 PM

Well, I think it is possible that everything is manipulated by whales because sometimes we see really strange movements in the market.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
Renegadegate

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:22:39 AM

Cryptomarket movements are heavily dependent on the news; especially bad news. Bad news is good news for the whales who probably generate bad news to make traders make the decisions favorable to the whales. How otherwise can they make you panic sell? Knowing that, I don't read too much news and try cross-checking with different sources, which helps me get the idea of whether the news is fake or fact.
By applying this technique you know if it's worth worrying and considering selling (no panic this time) or buying.
I hope you got the idea  Cool
OrangeII

Activity: 2072
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:33:50 AM

simple tactics but very difficult to do. it's a tactic that has been known for a long time, but there are still so many people who do it. what I mean is not the pump, and dumps that are made through manipulation, but the real pumps and dumps that occur in large markets today Cheesy

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

jujurloe

Activity: 103

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 09:41:50 AM

I will be a patient person even though I have a minimal profit. when I wrongly buy at high prices, I rarely do cutloss, I tend to wait for market recovery with hold coin. after the price improves then I will sell it so I profit. my goal of trading is to make a profit even though the reality is not always the case
Marcel666

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 10:46:04 AM

It is most times difficult to discern which growth is natural, and which isn't.
As a rule, if you see a bandwagon, it's already too late to join.
Don't join in the way up when FOMO is setting in.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
Subwooferred

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 10:47:44 AM

I don't really know if it's possible at all.
Sometimes I have a feeling that technical analysis, for instance, is pretty misleading and can't predict the behavior of the cryptomarket. These days, when people are becoming increasingly aware of the developments in the market and possible speculations, it must be pretty hard for the whales to set the rules (if it ever was!), so I don't know what to believe and how to react to a particular situation and who I can trust.
fritzpaulusha

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 11:14:05 AM

1. Don't use advises of pump and dump groups. They are cheaters.
2. Buy only coins in which success (in the long term) you believe or which utility is useful for you (for example tokens of some exchanges).
Sentinel211

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 12:03:08 PM

Avoiding manipulation could be pretty hard, but not impossible. Don't forget to turn on your critical thinking! I might be wrong, but when a lot of people start screaming 'bitcoin is going to die,' or 'this is your last chance to sell your Bitcoin with profit,' or 'bitcoin is dead,' or any other shit like that, something in my head snaps and I literally can hear a whisper in my head, 'They're pulling your prick! Keep on holding!' I don't really have a recipe of how to do it consciously, but with a little help of concentration everyone can master it, I guess Cool
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: