Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:56:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No guys, seriously, who buy Ixcoins?  (Read 2559 times)
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 12:25:46 AM

Nothing more to add

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 12:29:35 AM

Nothing more to add

As the poster said. Move on people.  Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 12:30:43 AM

i've got some i0 coins if you want them

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 12:31:53 AM

i've got some i0 coins if you want them

send them here jRQqLd2uKpv7gQ6UVsHG4ct9YfyXwDJzD8

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

wallet.dat

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 12:35:56 AM

Nothing more to add

Same people who will buy I0coins, and to a large extent the same people who already buy Bitcoins:  Speculators.

"MOOOOOOOM! THE MEATLOAF!!! F**K!"
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 12:42:50 AM

Bitcoin was a new concept when it was launched and it's starting to be much used: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Trade
I0coin has just been launched so nobody bought some of them yet

Ixcoin already had its crazy rising and is now going to 0, so what's the point?
Moreover Nakamato mined 400k before releasing it whereas neither Satoshi nor I0coin's creator did that (I0coin block explorer)

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 12:48:18 AM

Bitcoin was a new concept when it was launched and it's starting to be much used: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Trade

Yea a lot of people were cynical of Bitcoin too initially. Course some of those people that mined them made a shitload of $$ cash later selling them but I guess thats irrelevant lol

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 12:52:04 AM

Yea a lot of people were cynical of Bitcoin too initially. Course some of those people that mined them made a shitload of $$ cash later selling them but I guess thats irrelevant lol
Thanks Thomas for replying to this thread

I repeat:
Bitcoin was a new concept when it was launched
Where is the new concept in Ixcoin?

Moreover, please read my question carefully: who buy Ixcoins?
For example, I am currently mining I0coins because it's really new, but I will never ever buy them

wallet.dat

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 01:01:39 AM

Moreover, please read my question carefully: who buy Ixcoins?
For example, I am currently mining I0coins because it's really new, but I will never ever buy them

I thought I already answered this.  The answer is SPECULATORS.  FFS, LMGTFY.  Ixcoins are/were just a huge money grab when it launched.  EXACT same thing with your precious I0coins.  Oh, they'll try to candy coat it with client side tweaks like wallet encryption, address validation, and whatever, but in the end it's no different than Ixcoin:  One guy (ArtForz) ends up with with a shit ton of coins while everybody else gets sloppy seconds.  Standard pump and dump, just like Ixcoin.

"MOOOOOOOM! THE MEATLOAF!!! F**K!"
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 01:17:24 AM

precious I0coins
Wat?

Well, so if you're right and only speculators are buying, everything's ok
I was afraid some dumb people got scammed

Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 07:43:54 AM

Right... something that is exactly like gold, but looks and smells like shit must be silver.

-
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2011, 04:32:52 PM

Competing currencies is good for bitcoin.

Currencies compete when they have different properties. Gold and silver do have different physical properties.
The fiat currencies created by central banks have different properties, mostly linked to the economy of the
country that issues them. Peer-to-peer currencies can have different properties too; for example, a Bitcoin
variant with a constant inflation rate would be significantly different from Bitcoin, and would be able to
compete, although I am not sure if it would easily find early adopters.

This is clearly not the case with ixcoin and i0coin; the only difference is in the initial distribution, and a few
cosmetic changes. Therefore, these currencies are merely Bitcoin clones. As such, they need to live in the
same niche as Bitcoin. That is the niche of "digital resource with finite supply that will still be valuable in the future".

It is impossible for two currencies to live in that same niche, because one of them will be perceived as more
likely than the other to hold its future value. People will use that currency for long-term storage of value, and
they will progressively drop the other one. Thus, Bitcoin clones are mutually exclusive. Bitcoin's historical
precedence give it legacy, and strong network effects play for it. It is too late to change that.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
RebelAngel

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 02:40:48 PM

this coin has been advised me for the first investment, but I don't think it's stable.  Cool
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: