Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:27:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Survey on Bitcoin in Germany (Dez 2013)  (Read 875 times)
porcupine87 (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hm

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 06:53:00 PM

Ok, I could have posted this on the press subforum, but I think this is more for discussion and maybe we could deduce some things to do.

I will summarize the result of the survey(1001 participants):

What is Bitcoin:
- 51% never heard of "Bitcoin".
(- of the people who never heard of the "bitcoin" half thought it could be digital money (4,3% thought it is a cordless screwdriver)
- all participants who heard the term knew that it is a virtual currency
- only 1,4% think Bitcoin is play money

Buy with bitcoins:
- 57% think they can pay with bitcoins in one day (I think this is not to understand as a preferation. They just don't say they not want to).
- 2,2% actually bought something with Bitcoin
- 78% think they can pay entertainment devices, games or technical equipment 
- same with tickets for concerts or museums
- 20% only for groceries, restaurant, barber shop etc.

Why don't use:
- 62% don't use bitcoins because they don't see an advantage over the Euro
- 40% fear hacker attacke against theier balance in Bitcoin (-> very valid point)

Accept as payment for real goods:
- 64% don't want to accept bitcoins as payment
- 34% would accept it
- 1,4% ever accepted it as payment

Price development:
- one half don't wanted to make a forecast (they don't know)
- 25% think it will be lower in one year, 25% it will be higher
- 17% forecast a stabilzed price

To do:
- people don't know about the advantages:
-> cheap! In Germany credit cards are not popular, but Paypal is. Its fee should everyone know. How much bank wire costs I think many people don't know (I think 1%?).
-> fast! It is instant.
-> semi-anonomys for micro payments
-> u know
- they fear that their money get stolen. Good valid point. When u have your bitcoins in paper money it is not easy to access and you always fear to lose all.
- price stability. Will come in one day. People have to understand that the volatility will decrease the more people use it. 

But after all, I am optimistic. What do you think?

Source:
http://www.focus.de/finanzen/boerse/umfrage-zur-internetwaehrung-bitcoin-40-prozent-der-deutschen-fuerchten-hacker-angriffe_id_3492175.html

PS: Sorry for my bad English.

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
dopey

Activity: 1008
Merit: 514

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:55:48 PM

Thanks for the summary instead of just posting the link, appreciate it.
luqash3

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:57:24 PM

porcupine87 I hope you did not did a bias survey like only asking a same class of people, age, gender or same occupation people because these biases can really affect the true opinion of entire population. Kindly can you share the profile of people who were surveyed to validate it is unbiased survey by the way thanks for sharing survey
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 08:40:17 PM

porcupine87 I hope you did not did a bias survey like only asking a same class of people, age, gender or same occupation people because these biases can really affect the true opinion of entire population. Kindly can you share the profile of people who were surveyed to validate it is unbiased survey by the way thanks for sharing survey

the survey was done by TOMORROW FOCUS with their so-called "media opinion pool" online panel. As such the results are flawed as the panelists are by definition people unusually interested in new developments on the Internet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: