Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:58:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is now the best time for new people to invest?  (Read 2816 times)
lindeanin

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 09:51:15 PM

I always do the opposite of what the market is doing. When the price is skyrocketing I go shopping and spend bitcoin. When there is a crash I buy cheap coins from weak hands. I have done this each crash and it has been very profitable. It has allowed me to collect a lot of bitcoins and buy a lot of stuff. I have taken out 10x what I have put into bitcoin and never sold a bitcoin.

You do the smart thing. How much goods were coming from China that you can buy for BTC ?

Most goods is from China. A lot of bad paid workers there

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:07:10 PM

I always do the opposite of what the market is doing. When the price is skyrocketing I go shopping and spend bitcoin. When there is a crash I buy cheap coins from weak hands. I have done this each crash and it has been very profitable. It has allowed me to collect a lot of bitcoins and buy a lot of stuff. I have taken out 10x what I have put into bitcoin and never sold a bitcoin.

You do the smart thing. How much goods were coming from China that you can buy for BTC ?

Exactly Bitpay and Gyft are still up so I don't see a problem

bellakg

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:09:24 PM

I have just started mining altcoins but it's  already clear to me that BTC price is the main driving factor for them. I hope there will be another jump  in 2014  Cool

BTC: 1Fhn8PE7RVDQhe3uth49xMFywK5eGxJx4Q ANI: ANUF2jh16sRGf1RXhQstsGKtSs6Ky3wWBU QRK: QYzvpD4NXLFYkT4BGwcQGwc5Sx6W6vyYJJ
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 10:10:11 PM

Don't think anyone knows for sure is it a good time or not, it's all a guessing game. If by investing you mean buying BTC, not mining hardware - I'd say yes, it seems like a good time. I'll be surprised if btc doesnt bounce back to at least $800 in the next month or so.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
tompa555

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:00:58 PM

I don't think that mining BTC is still a option. It's to hard to mine right now.Maybe best thing is to buy them now and sell them later if the price goes up.
Maybe several months must pass by before price goes up, how knows.  Huh

♔ PrimeDice.com | The Best Way To Roll ! | Free BTC Faucet | Instant Play & Chat  [Thread] @PrimeDice
Donations are more than welcome: BTC: 19KKRcKJsFVTCzspXvhTYULrAecB7cvJDy DODGE: DP4etPsqasN1y8pkbh8HNiococh7izgEQy
t3xasdolly

Activity: 131

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:09:21 PM

I don't think that mining BTC is still a option. It's to hard to mine right now.

If you have the mining hardware already, just mine and hold the coins for better times.
pompiedom

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:10:22 PM

Can you use block eruptors on altcoins?

Yes, but only the ones based on SHA-256 (a lot/most of the altcoins are based on SCRYPT).
Raisorblade

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:12:29 PM

buy now, end of this week it will be 760.
tompa555

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:12:58 PM

I don't think that mining BTC is still a option. It's to hard to mine right now.

If you have the mining hardware already, just mine and hold the coins for better times.

I agree and disagree. If the electricity part is big maybe is better to mine some other coins where you can mine great values of them and wait for better times Wink

♔ PrimeDice.com | The Best Way To Roll ! | Free BTC Faucet | Instant Play & Chat  [Thread] @PrimeDice
Donations are more than welcome: BTC: 19KKRcKJsFVTCzspXvhTYULrAecB7cvJDy DODGE: DP4etPsqasN1y8pkbh8HNiococh7izgEQy
Gekcoin

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:31:13 PM

Until the end of january there is sell pressure on the market. See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=376423.0
kore

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:31:47 PM

You never really know. It could drop more or it could shoot up. It's a gamble. However if you're in it for the long run, I think it will turn out good.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:33:25 PM

I would mine alts

terman45x

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:38:40 PM

I agree and disagree. If the electricity part is big maybe is better to mine some other coins where you can mine great values of them and wait for better times Wink

Bitcoin ASIC mining does not cost much electricity, like 20% of BTC price. GPU minig Scrypt coins is much worse
Gekcoin

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:39:43 PM

You never really know. It could drop more or it could shoot up. It's a gamble. However if you're in it for the long run, I think it will turn out good.

No its not a gamble. Its a question of demand and supply. As far as there is more supply because the Chinese have forbidden bitcoins and Mr. Lee and Mrs. Chang HAVE to sell their coins, than the price will go done. They own approx. 20-30% of all bitcoins. Or in other words: if you buy bitcoin now, you pay a Chinese bill. Do you like that idea?
terman45x

Activity: 840

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:50:13 PM

No its not a gamble. Its a question of demand and supply. As far as there is more supply because the Chinese have forbidden bitcoins and Mr. Lee and Mrs. Chang HAVE to sell their coins, than the price will go done. They own approx. 20-30% of all bitcoins. Or in other words: if you buy bitcoin now, you pay a Chinese bill. Do you like that idea?

It doesnt matter who you pay, it is now cheap Bitcoin anyway in my opinion
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:59:09 PM

lost nearly half its value Sad
plymouthforextraders

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:03:19 AM

I have Domain names  www.barclaysbitcoin.co.uk  and www.lloydsbitcoin.com  does anyone have any advice on what I should do with them please ??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated Thank You
black_swan

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:10:14 AM

If it doesn't drop below previous low we are going up from now
so yes, buy I'd buy some
young3dvard

Activity: 193

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:11:39 AM

lost nearly half its value Sad

There were worse crashes in Bitcoin history (27->2 and 266-50), and recovered
batboy

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:15:38 AM

I wager that it will go lower. But that is just my opinion. Nevertheless I would still buy some while it is in the 400-500 range.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: