Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:41:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is now the best time for new people to invest?  (Read 2816 times)
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:06:28 PM

I think so Because when the price is low it means the whales are buying up coins that they can turn around and sell at a higher price You can't buy 5000 BTC to resell but you can make some money with the whales

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 07:09:25 PM

Price is still falling, wait.

http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgoxEUR#rg60zigDailyztgSzm1g10zm2g21zxzi1gMACDzv

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:10:11 PM

I just meant like this period of time not like this exact moment

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:15:16 PM

50-70% Corrections are normal

Christmas sales have come early

btc will be $10k+ in 12 months

I think people should buy bitcoins and altcoins as a gift That is the best Christmas present this year

tompa555

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:16:35 PM

It all depends if people will have goods to buy with BTC. IF not i think that BTC will going to fall more and more.

♔ PrimeDice.com | The Best Way To Roll ! | Free BTC Faucet | Instant Play & Chat  [Thread] @PrimeDice
Donations are more than welcome: BTC: 19KKRcKJsFVTCzspXvhTYULrAecB7cvJDy DODGE: DP4etPsqasN1y8pkbh8HNiococh7izgEQy
BlockChainLottery

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

AwesomeDice.net

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 07:17:31 PM

I think so Because when the price is low it means the whales are buying up coins that they can turn around and sell at a higher price You can't buy 5000 BTC to resell but you can make some money with the whales
Well, isn't that obvious. Always buy in a bear market, but will it ever become a bull market again?

SlidingHorn

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:19:00 PM

btc will be $10k+ in 12 months

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I can't.  My sides.

I'll be more than happy to eat crow if I'm wrong, but you, my friend, are delusional if you think that's a realistic expectation.

Kasandra

Activity: 68

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:21:24 PM

it may go to $700 soon again

Lisk.io - Dapp & Sidechain Platform
Jcw188

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Carpe Diem

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:23:57 PM

"Bull" and "bear" markets last a long time and have major corrections along the way.  It all depends whether you think there is a future here in BTC.  Yes, now is a BETTER time to buy than when it was at $1k!  But you can't tell the future.  Scale in bit by bit.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:25:08 PM

It all depends if people will have goods to buy with BTC. IF not i think that BTC will going to fall more and more.

Gyft lets you buy anything on amazon with bitcoins

Deadly7

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:34:36 PM

What caused the price of bitcoin to drop? I assume it will bounce back to 1k levels?
tompa555

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:43:25 PM

What caused the price of bitcoin to drop? I assume it will bounce back to 1k levels?

China has banned the selling of any goods and services for BTC. They are huge economy and that has shaken the market of BTC. 

♔ PrimeDice.com | The Best Way To Roll ! | Free BTC Faucet | Instant Play & Chat  [Thread] @PrimeDice
Donations are more than welcome: BTC: 19KKRcKJsFVTCzspXvhTYULrAecB7cvJDy DODGE: DP4etPsqasN1y8pkbh8HNiococh7izgEQy
Kiki112

Merit: 101

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:05:38 PM

China has banned the selling of any goods and services for BTC. They are huge economy and that has shaken the market of BTC. 

I don't understand why did they ban it, haven't they been making national reserves in bitcoin  Huh

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:12:24 PM

I don't understand why did they ban it, haven't they been making national reserves in bitcoin  Huh

They want the price to go down

And all we have to do is make altcoins for the Chinese people If they can spend money on mining altcoins to buy bitcoins They can get back in all this

co5hike

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:25:16 PM

Definitively good time to buy Bitcoins when prices crashed, not sure if this is bottom though.
tompa555

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:57:33 PM

Suppose it's all spinning about one thing. Profit is that thing. No matter is it BTC,LTC, $,Eu .... It's all about profit.

poelling92
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 09:00:52 PM

No, China does not need national reserves in Bitcoin, Bitcoin market cap is small
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 09:06:24 PM

I always do the opposite of what the market is doing. When the price is skyrocketing I go shopping and spend bitcoin. When there is a crash I buy cheap coins from weak hands. I have done this each crash and it has been very profitable. It has allowed me to collect a lot of bitcoins and buy a lot of stuff. I have taken out 10x what I have put into bitcoin and never sold a bitcoin.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 09:09:56 PM

Can you use block eruptors on altcoins?

tompa555

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 09:48:16 PM

I always do the opposite of what the market is doing. When the price is skyrocketing I go shopping and spend bitcoin. When there is a crash I buy cheap coins from weak hands. I have done this each crash and it has been very profitable. It has allowed me to collect a lot of bitcoins and buy a lot of stuff. I have taken out 10x what I have put into bitcoin and never sold a bitcoin.

You do the smart thing. How much goods were coming from China that you can buy for BTC ?

lindeanin

Activity: 161

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 09:51:15 PM

You do the smart thing. How much goods were coming from China that you can buy for BTC ?

Most goods is from China. A lot of bad paid workers there
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:07:10 PM

Exactly Bitpay and Gyft are still up so I don't see a problem

bellakg

Activity: 76

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:09:24 PM

I have just started mining altcoins but it's  already clear to me that BTC price is the main driving factor for them. I hope there will be another jump  in 2014  Cool

BTC: 1Fhn8PE7RVDQhe3uth49xMFywK5eGxJx4Q ANI: ANUF2jh16sRGf1RXhQstsGKtSs6Ky3wWBU QRK: QYzvpD4NXLFYkT4BGwcQGwc5Sx6W6vyYJJ
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1570

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 10:10:11 PM

Don't think anyone knows for sure is it a good time or not, it's all a guessing game. If by investing you mean buying BTC, not mining hardware - I'd say yes, it seems like a good time. I'll be surprised if btc doesnt bounce back to at least $800 in the next month or so.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
tompa555

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:00:58 PM

I don't think that mining BTC is still a option. It's to hard to mine right now.Maybe best thing is to buy them now and sell them later if the price goes up.
Maybe several months must pass by before price goes up, how knows.  Huh

t3xasdolly

Activity: 131

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:09:21 PM

I don't think that mining BTC is still a option. It's to hard to mine right now.

If you have the mining hardware already, just mine and hold the coins for better times.
pompiedom

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:10:22 PM

Can you use block eruptors on altcoins?

Yes, but only the ones based on SHA-256 (a lot/most of the altcoins are based on SCRYPT).
Raisorblade

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:12:29 PM

buy now, end of this week it will be 760.
tompa555

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:12:58 PM

I don't think that mining BTC is still a option. It's to hard to mine right now.

If you have the mining hardware already, just mine and hold the coins for better times.

I agree and disagree. If the electricity part is big maybe is better to mine some other coins where you can mine great values of them and wait for better times Wink

Gekcoin

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:31:13 PM

Until the end of january there is sell pressure on the market. See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=376423.0
kore

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:31:47 PM

You never really know. It could drop more or it could shoot up. It's a gamble. However if you're in it for the long run, I think it will turn out good.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:33:25 PM

I would mine alts

terman45x

Activity: 840

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:38:40 PM

I agree and disagree. If the electricity part is big maybe is better to mine some other coins where you can mine great values of them and wait for better times Wink

Bitcoin ASIC mining does not cost much electricity, like 20% of BTC price. GPU minig Scrypt coins is much worse
Gekcoin

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:39:43 PM

You never really know. It could drop more or it could shoot up. It's a gamble. However if you're in it for the long run, I think it will turn out good.

No its not a gamble. Its a question of demand and supply. As far as there is more supply because the Chinese have forbidden bitcoins and Mr. Lee and Mrs. Chang HAVE to sell their coins, than the price will go done. They own approx. 20-30% of all bitcoins. Or in other words: if you buy bitcoin now, you pay a Chinese bill. Do you like that idea?
terman45x

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:50:13 PM

No its not a gamble. Its a question of demand and supply. As far as there is more supply because the Chinese have forbidden bitcoins and Mr. Lee and Mrs. Chang HAVE to sell their coins, than the price will go done. They own approx. 20-30% of all bitcoins. Or in other words: if you buy bitcoin now, you pay a Chinese bill. Do you like that idea?

It doesnt matter who you pay, it is now cheap Bitcoin anyway in my opinion
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:59:09 PM

lost nearly half its value Sad
plymouthforextraders

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:03:19 AM

I have Domain names  www.barclaysbitcoin.co.uk  and www.lloydsbitcoin.com  does anyone have any advice on what I should do with them please ??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated Thank You
black_swan

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:10:14 AM

If it doesn't drop below previous low we are going up from now
so yes, buy I'd buy some
young3dvard

Activity: 193

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:11:39 AM

There were worse crashes in Bitcoin history (27->2 and 266-50), and recovered
batboy

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:15:38 AM

I wager that it will go lower. But that is just my opinion. Nevertheless I would still buy some while it is in the 400-500 range.
e521

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:04:12 AM

Yes you are right, also bubbles last longer as they progress, this might be a good sign.
To be honest I think double previous ATH (450-500) is the bottom but if we get another really bad news tomorrow it will certainly go down, rapidly!

bumpk1nK

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:07:27 AM

Yes you are right, also bubbles last longer as they progress, this might be a good sign.
To be honest I think double previous ATH (450-500) is the bottom but if we get another really bad news tomorrow it will certainly go down, rapidly!

Maybe it is not bottom, and another selloff will be tommorow, not all Chinese sold I guess

dc98wdHhcjkwleHUnBce8gd87teibN9ys38y3uTgsHG02e9-ok my keyboard works!
Insurance is a ripoff.
Kaligulax

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:39:46 PM

Bitcoin is a currency. When you say "invest" you need to understand what your aims are. Do you "invest" in Euros when you go to Europe? Or are you "investing in Yen" when you travel to Japan? Are you really "investing" when buying another currency?

What I'm trying to do is a little bit of education. BTC exists for a reason and that reason is so that it can be used as a currency. The fact that it also has properties that make Fiat currencies go down in value against it, does not make it "an investment" - it merely highlights the problems that the other currencies have in retaining actual value.

I do however recommend to my friends that they buy at least 1 bitcoin and if they want, I will buy them back off the person that does if they no longer want them.

If you see Bitcoin as a hedge against your own currency crashing against bitcoin, then by all means buy BTC as an "investment". Other than that buy BTC because you want to spend it now or later.

1FxCUCAij9FT9fXQSqYHHMiaELhRTAhui6
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:42:03 PM

Bitcoin is a currency. When you say "invest" you need to understand what your aims are. Do you "invest" in Euros when you go to Europe? Or are you "investing in Yen" when you travel to Japan? Are you really "investing" when buying another currency?

What I'm trying to do is a little bit of education. BTC exists for a reason and that reason is so that it can be used as a currency. The fact that it also has properties that make Fiat currencies go down in value against it, does not make it "an investment" - it merely highlights the problems that the other currencies have in retaining actual value.

I do however recommend to my friends that they buy at least 1 bitcoin and if they want, I will buy them back off the person that does if they no longer want them.

If you see Bitcoin as a hedge against your own currency crashing against bitcoin, then by all means buy BTC as an "investment". Other than that buy BTC because you want to spend it now or later.

This is nonsense because all the other currencies are just as bad (or worse) as the USD. Fiat currencies are defined to lose purchasing power in the long term and are only useful for short term liquidity.

It is possible to invest in Bitcoin, just like it's possible to invest in other commodities, stocks and bonds.
vesipyks

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:19:02 PM

I would not call buying BTC as an investment. It is rather speculating.

For an investment the volatility is terrible. For speculating it is a huge opportunity even withing one day. Smiley

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▶▶▶▶ Get Your Free Tokens Now ◀◀◀◀  First PoS Smart Contract Token
    PoSToken       Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
yatsey87

Merit: 509

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:29:39 PM

Now is a great time to invest as BTC has been at its lowest for a while. Can't see it going any lower unless there's a catastrophic event.
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:50:34 PM

For an investment the volatility is terrible. For speculating it is a huge opportunity even withing one day. Smiley

That's bullcrap also. Investing in volatile things is perfectly acceptable. However, one should require this added volatility to be 'paid' for with additional upside. Bitcoin is such a situation so the volatility is perfectly acceptable Smiley
zubelutte

Activity: 129

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:59:23 PM

Now is a great time to invest as BTC has been at its lowest for a while. Can't see it going any lower unless there's a catastrophic event.

Catastrophic event ? All you need is some bad news, China as example 2 times this month
Boldhead

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:08:42 PM

I'm not sure it will not go under 500, last week everybody thought it  would be the lowest when it was at 800, this week 500, next week..?

BTC great you can even add the bitcoin symbol in replies!
hilariousandco
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 2624

Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:13:10 PM

You can speculate as an investment. The terms aren’t mutually exclusive.

▄▄███████▄███████▄▄▄
 █████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███████████████
       ▀▀███▄
███████████████
          ▀███
 █████████████
             ███
███████████▀▀               ███
███                         ███
 ███                       ███
  ███▄                   ▄███
   ▀███▄▄             ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀
         ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
░░░████▄▄▄▄
░▄▄░
▄▄███████▄▀█████▄▄
██▄████▌▐█▌█████▄██
████▀▄▄▄▌███░▄▄▄▀████
██████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████
█░███████░▐█▌░███████░█
▀▀██▀░██░▐█▌░██░▀██▀▀
▄▄▄░█▀░█░██░▐█▌░██░█░▀█░▄▄▄
██▀░░░░▀██░▐█▌░██▀░░░░▀██
▀██
█████▄███▀▀██▀▀███▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
▄▄██████▄▄
▀█▀
█  █▀█▀
  ▄█  ██  █▄  ▄
█ ▄█ █▀█▄▄█▀█ █▄ █
▀▄█ █ ███▄▄▄▄███ █ █▄▀
▀▀ █    ▄▄▄▄    █ ▀▀
   ██████   █
█     ▀▀     █
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄ ██████▀▀██████ ▄
▄████████ ██ ████████▄
▀▀███████▄▄███████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
█████████████LEADING CRYPTO SPORTSBOOK & CASINO█████████████
MULTI
CURRENCY
1500+
CASINO GAMES
CRYPTO EXCLUSIVE
CLUBHOUSE
FAST & SECURE
PAYMENTS
..PLAY NOW!..
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:14:55 PM

No you can't and yes they are.
zuerdemon

Activity: 114

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:17:24 PM

I'm not sure it will not go under 500, last week everybody thought it  would be the lowest when it was at 800, this week 500, next week..?

Depends what will happen next week, news can be eighter bad or good Smiley
hilariousandco
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:20:02 PM

How can you not speculate as an investment?

▄▄███████▄███████▄▄▄
 █████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███████████████
       ▀▀███▄
███████████████
          ▀███
 █████████████
             ███
     ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀
         ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
░░░████▄▄▄▄
░▄▄░
▄▄███████▄▀█████▄▄
██▄████▌▐█▌█████▄██
████▀▄▄▄▌███░▄▄▄▀████
██████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████
█░███████░▐█▌░███████░█
▀▀██▀░██░▐█▌░██░▀██▀▀
▀██
▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
▄▄██████▄▄
▀█▀
█  █▀█▀
  ▄█  ██  █▄  ▄
█ ▄█ █▀█▄▄█▀█ █▄ █
▀▄█ █ ███▄▄▄▄███ █ █▄▀
▀▀ █    ▄▄▄▄    █ ▀▀
   ██████   █
█     ▀▀     █
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄ ██████▀▀██████ ▄
▄████████ ██ ████████▄
▀▀███████▄▄███████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
MULTI
CURRENCY
1500+
CASINO GAMES
CRYPTO EXCLUSIVE
CLUBHOUSE
FAST & SECURE
PAYMENTS
..PLAY NOW!..
vesipyks

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:23:05 PM

That's bullcrap also. Investing in volatile things is perfectly acceptable. However, one should require this added volatility to be 'paid' for with additional upside. Bitcoin is such a situation so the volatility is perfectly acceptable Smiley

I am just saying that with that high volatility buying and selling is speculating. Low volatility and long term is investing. Buying does not always mean investing.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▶▶▶▶ Get Your Free Tokens Now ◀◀◀◀  First PoS Smart Contract Token
    PoSToken       Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:24:04 PM

By definition. I recommend you read "The intelligent investor" by Benjamin Graham.
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:26:34 PM

I am just saying that with that high volatility buying and selling is speculating. Low volatility and long term is investing. Buying does not always mean investing.

That's not the definition of either of those. Investment has to do with the estimate of value (and the future increase/decrease of value) and the coupling with price. If the price is sufficiently lower it's a good investment (based on the amount of risk).

Speculation is when you don't care about value but only about price. In speculation you base yor buying and selling decisions on whether you think people will pay more or less for the thing you're buying or selling at some point in the future IRRESPECTIVE of value.
hilariousandco
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:27:49 PM

By definition. I recommend you read "The intelligent investor" by Benjamin Graham.

Depends on your definition.
In finance, investment is putting money into an asset with the expectation of capital appreciation, dividends, and/or interest earnings. This may or may not be backed by research and analysis. Most or all forms of investment involve some form of risk, such as investment in equities, property, and even fixed interest securities which are subject, among other things, to inflation risk.

I think it falls under this, but I will put The Intelligent Investor on my reading list.

▄▄███████▄███████▄▄▄
 █████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███████████████
       ▀▀███▄
███████████████
          ▀███
 █████████████
             ███
     ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀
         ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
░░░████▄▄▄▄
░▄▄░
▄▄███████▄▀█████▄▄
██▄████▌▐█▌█████▄██
████▀▄▄▄▌███░▄▄▄▀████
██████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████
█░███████░▐█▌░███████░█
▀▀██▀░██░▐█▌░██░▀██▀▀
▀██
▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
▄▄██████▄▄
▀█▀
█  █▀█▀
  ▄█  ██  █▄  ▄
█ ▄█ █▀█▄▄█▀█ █▄ █
▀▄█ █ ███▄▄▄▄███ █ █▄▀
▀▀ █    ▄▄▄▄    █ ▀▀
   ██████   █
█     ▀▀     █
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄ ██████▀▀██████ ▄
▄████████ ██ ████████▄
▀▀███████▄▄███████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
MULTI
CURRENCY
1500+
CASINO GAMES
CRYPTO EXCLUSIVE
CLUBHOUSE
FAST & SECURE
PAYMENTS
..PLAY NOW!..
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:35:21 PM

I think it falls under this, but I will put The Intelligent Investor on my reading list.

I agree it will depend on your definition, but then again doesn't anything? Smiley

I'll guarantee you're going to be glad you put that on your reading list. It's the book that formed me as an investor.
hilariousandco
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:41:48 PM

I agree it will depend on your definition, but then again doesn't anything? Smiley

I'll guarantee you're going to be glad you put that on your reading list. It's the book that formed me as an investor.

What is your definition of 'guarantee'? Grin I've just downloaded it.

▄▄███████▄███████▄▄▄
 █████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███████████████
       ▀▀███▄
███████████████
          ▀███
 █████████████
             ███
     ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀
         ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
░░░████▄▄▄▄
░▄▄░
▄▄███████▄▀█████▄▄
██▄████▌▐█▌█████▄██
████▀▄▄▄▌███░▄▄▄▀████
██████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████
█░███████░▐█▌░███████░█
▀▀██▀░██░▐█▌░██░▀██▀▀
▀██
▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
▄▄██████▄▄
▀█▀
█  █▀█▀
  ▄█  ██  █▄  ▄
█ ▄█ █▀█▄▄█▀█ █▄ █
▀▄█ █ ███▄▄▄▄███ █ █▄▀
▀▀ █    ▄▄▄▄    █ ▀▀
   ██████   █
█     ▀▀     █
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄ ██████▀▀██████ ▄
▄████████ ██ ████████▄
▀▀███████▄▄███████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
MULTI
CURRENCY
1500+
CASINO GAMES
CRYPTO EXCLUSIVE
CLUBHOUSE
FAST & SECURE
PAYMENTS
..PLAY NOW!..
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:43:18 PM

This is a good entry point

Lot of the specs are out again which in a way is not a bad thing

Hyko0

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:45:58 PM

Hey there...

I think its a really good time to invest in Bitcoins and not only in Bitcoins.

I bought Bitcoins for 500$ as they were at ~400$ in early November or late October. I hoped, but didnt really believed, that they would go above 600$.

Finnaly i selled them at a price of ~900$. Did the same again.... and again... switched the crypto-currencie and did it again with PTS... again and again ...

Started at the end of october with 500$ and got until now something between 1800 and 2500$(Didnt know exactly) just with exchanging it many times =)

Btw: I started to mine new coins with few dedicated servers ... Started with PTS few days after the beginning .... got me ~450$ after exchanging to BTC and selling the BTC

Now I´m mining Memorycoin 2.0 ... mining just with 4 dedicated servers... found 5 Blocks so far.
Yesterday I started to mine Dogecoin with my GPU at ypool.net .... got me ~60.000 Coins...  lets see what this will bring. =)

Greetz,
Hyko0
neordicICE

Activity: 505

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:51:30 PM

When the price crashed it is definitively time to buy more Bitcoins. When bubble forms, it is time to sell
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:53:09 PM

What is your definition of 'guarantee'? Grin I've just downloaded it.

Lol, very good question Wink (may be I should start adding a disclaimer stating I'm not financially responsible for following any of my advice).
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:21:46 PM

I ordered a block eruptor and it's not here yet But I still don't know how to mine Does anyone know how to use it?

huadylmate

Activity: 215

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:25:18 PM

I'd be hesitant about buying right now, I feel like this is a bull-trap. But then again I wouldn't sell any either. I think we'll know the direction we're heading by the weekend but the christmas/ny break will be unpredictable too.

Bull-traps then Bear-traps. Trading is risky this is why I hodling
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:13:52 PM

Altcoins are the best way to avoid traps It's like forex

yatsey87

Merit: 509

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:16:22 PM

Now is a great time to invest. You snooze and you lose. Can't see it going any lower this year. I reckon it'll slowly creep back up to around 1k in Jan.
kellrobinson

Activity: 304
Merit: 380

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:20:26 PM

Very simply put, the price has dropped because it was much too high.
Until October, the price was fairly stable and less than $150.  Let me say that again, just in case you missed it: Until October, bitcoin cost less than a hundred fifty dollars.
What happened then?  A bubble.  A bubble is something full of air.  The huge price increase in bitcoin was nothing but a lot of air; it means nothing. 
Bitcoin is still subject to economics and the natural law of the market. 
Yes it will most likely go to $1k sometime not too far in the future, but I think it might take until late summer or early fall.  I also think that, before the bitcoin price rises, a further drop in price is very much within the realm of possibility.
umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 11:42:58 PM

I'm currently awaiting a deposit on btc-e, damn those guyz take their time, is it likely that the price will drop into the 500 range agian?  Huh

I waiting for deposit over week, unfortunatelly the price keep rising, but there is still hope for a drop
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 12:55:08 AM

I'm currently awaiting a deposit on btc-e, damn those guyz take their time, is it likely that the price will drop into the 500 range agian?  Huh

And regarding to alt coins: I notice that most ( if not all) alt coins both gain and crash harder then bitcoin itself. So during a crash you would prefer bitcoin over alt coins. And fait is king; as long as you're able to buy back timely!

If you look at all the altcoins there are actually a few that trend opposite to bitcoin so you can earn no matter what if you diverge into alts

maxidoge

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 01:01:29 AM

I think we are just in time to invest. Because bitcoins and litecoins now fall in price, but they will return and become much stronger in future.
As it was before.
And also its time to invest in some new currencys, nxt for example is a good choice.
The problem is that i am not so rich to invest everywhere, but i want so much Smiley)
vervolioman

Activity: 493

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 01:03:02 AM

And regarding to alt coins: I notice that most ( if not all) alt coins both gain and crash harder then bitcoin itself. So during a crash you would prefer bitcoin over alt coins. And fait is king; as long as you're able to buy back timely!

If you look at all the altcoins there are actually a few that trend opposite to bitcoin so you can earn no matter what if you diverge into alts

Obviously, with so many altcoins, the opposite trend can happen on few just by pure luck. Does not say anything about future

What use is a signature?
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:20:16 AM

What do you guys think about DOGE and DVC?

Cognate

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:40:11 AM

Doge is kind of tricky because people are gonna play it up, get the prices somewhat high, sell, and let it crash.

Then there is gonna be a ton of people with Doge who will want the prices to rise... So perhaps the cycle will repeat...
CurrentlyBlazed

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:41:40 AM

I'd be hesitant about buying right now, I feel like this is a bull-trap. But then again I wouldn't sell any either. I think we'll know the direction we're heading by the weekend but the christmas/ny break will be unpredictable too.

Bull-traps then Bear-traps. Trading is risky this is why I hodling

Can you explain a little more on what you mean by it is bull-trap?
I have been buying bitcoins with every bit of money I get(from 1 dollar no joke, to 250)

I always buy, but just sit on my coins.
I am not interested in day trading I guess.
Scrooge_McDuck

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:00:31 AM

And all we have to do is make altcoins for the Chinese people If they can spend money on mining altcoins to buy bitcoins They can get back in all this

We simply have to wait untill Chinese black market gets its momentum Smiley banning BTC by Central Bank is just not enough to completly exclude it from the market. In fact - banning is the last thing that can help with excluding anything

forbidden fruit is always sweeter  Wink
andyrays

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 08:41:10 AM

What do you guys think about DOGE and DVC?

I think DOGE is good and new. DVC no.
influencemylife

Activity: 69

Face Your Fears, Live Your Dreams

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 09:01:15 AM

i suggest the classic sell high, buy low strategy and start a portfolio in currencies you can do a little research on

DHSQBmvzsjmLXCwdaeTzRXpna9WDTwqhVX - like? Doge thank you

ZKMvnhMC8i1SPmf1MU844487RwyvwL7Chd - Tip Zeta cos it Rocks!
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:18:47 PM

We simply have to wait untill Chinese black market gets its momentum Smiley banning BTC by Central Bank is just not enough to completly exclude it from the market. In fact - banning is the last thing that can help with excluding anything

forbidden fruit is always sweeter  Wink

I think we just need to make a series of Chinese altcoins for them to mine so they can just trade those for coins China can be a mining nation

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:52:39 PM

When do you guys think bitcoin will be $2000?

btcmonster

Activity: 77

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 08:21:07 PM

I think it will still go below 300 and then up to 700  Smiley
InitialDigital

Activity: 8

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 08:23:16 PM

Actually the beginning of 2013 OR the beginning of the 4th quarter of 2013, was the best time, in my opinion.
hilariousandco
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 08:52:34 PM

i suggest the classic sell high, buy low strategy and start a portfolio in currencies you can do a little research on

This reminded me of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygfX3VAF_gg

▄▄███████▄███████▄▄▄
 █████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███████████████
       ▀▀███▄
███████████████
          ▀███
 █████████████
             ███
     ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀
         ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
░░░████▄▄▄▄
░▄▄░
▄▄███████▄▀█████▄▄
██▄████▌▐█▌█████▄██
████▀▄▄▄▌███░▄▄▄▀████
██████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████
█░███████░▐█▌░███████░█
▀▀██▀░██░▐█▌░██░▀██▀▀
▀██
▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
▄▄██████▄▄
▀█▀
█  █▀█▀
  ▄█  ██  █▄  ▄
█ ▄█ █▀█▄▄█▀█ █▄ █
▀▄█ █ ███▄▄▄▄███ █ █▄▀
▀▀ █    ▄▄▄▄    █ ▀▀
   ██████   █
█     ▀▀     █
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄ ██████▀▀██████ ▄
▄████████ ██ ████████▄
▀▀███████▄▄███████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
MULTI
CURRENCY
1500+
CASINO GAMES
CRYPTO EXCLUSIVE
CLUBHOUSE
FAST & SECURE
PAYMENTS
..PLAY NOW!..
tompa555

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 11:52:20 PM

What you say about doge coin ? Is there any future for him ?
I started to collect him but i have doubts about him.
He had good start but now he is like 36 satoshi.

hilariousandco
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 11:55:07 PM

What you say about doge coin ? Is there any future for him ?
I started to collect him but i have doubts about him.
He had good start but now he is like 36 satoshi.

There never was any future in doge. Miners are already ditching it.

▄▄███████▄███████▄▄▄
 █████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███████████████
       ▀▀███▄
███████████████
          ▀███
 █████████████
             ███
     ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀
         ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
░░░████▄▄▄▄
░▄▄░
▄▄███████▄▀█████▄▄
██▄████▌▐█▌█████▄██
████▀▄▄▄▌███░▄▄▄▀████
██████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████
█░███████░▐█▌░███████░█
▀▀██▀░██░▐█▌░██░▀██▀▀
▀██
▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
▄▄██████▄▄
▀█▀
█  █▀█▀
  ▄█  ██  █▄  ▄
█ ▄█ █▀█▄▄█▀█ █▄ █
▀▄█ █ ███▄▄▄▄███ █ █▄▀
▀▀ █    ▄▄▄▄    █ ▀▀
   ██████   █
█     ▀▀     █
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄ ██████▀▀██████ ▄
▄████████ ██ ████████▄
▀▀███████▄▄███████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
MULTI
CURRENCY
1500+
CASINO GAMES
CRYPTO EXCLUSIVE
CLUBHOUSE
FAST & SECURE
PAYMENTS
..PLAY NOW!..
gutdraw

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 02:22:01 AM

has China taken action on any alt coins like they did for bitcoin?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: