Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 06:51:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DOGECOIN NOW ON Cryptsy! YAYYYY  (Read 10548 times)
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:15:09 AM

who the f pushed the price so low  Roll Eyes

See post just before yours.
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:17:28 AM

Umm big block rewards mean more coins are out there. Look at inf coin for reference. Be ready to stay around this price point if not lower.

You guys just got played and someone just got rich off you guys.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
tinus42

Activity: 784

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:20:44 AM

And the coins are there, 0.0002

0.00001100 now  Grin

500 satoshi now... dropping like a stone...

300 now...

people love to sell cheap

edit: 155 satoshi

I would still make a 6 fold profit at that price. But with my luck my coins will show up when the price drops to 1 satoshi. Sad
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:22:00 AM

where is the source code for this coin?
RenegadeMind
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 01:35:28 AM

where is the source code for this coin?

Search on Github. It's there.

kju

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:56:17 AM

I entered my Cryptsy Dogecoin Deposit Address at a few faucets and actually got 15 Doge credited after 45 minutes or so. Then I placed an order to sell these. Now I have NO pending order, NO executed order but also NO more 15 Doge available. Cryptsy must be run by freaking idiots, but what can you expect from a exchange where orderbooks all the time show matching entries at bid and ask (which should have already been resolved by trading) or even higher bids than asks... What a joke.

Edit: After another 15 minutes or so now my trade is shown as executed. Well.
CoinPN

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:03:02 AM

Moon!
kju

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:03:23 AM

Well like everyone else and his father I saw the earlier orderbook at Cryptsy where there were bids for like 50 Dogecoins for 0.01 BTC each, so that would have been a nice profit. Wasn't meant to be Smiley
kju

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:39:47 AM

Umm a lot happens in a couple days. Try mining it now.

I started mining them just on CPU on two machines a few hours ago. Over 700 Doge in three hours which if it stays at this would still be 20000 Doge in three days. For GPU mining it would quite some more. The poster you replied to said he made a few hundred thousands in a few days, so it seems that the mining results are still not that much less.
YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:41:58 AM

Warning again. If you think you are going to put DOGE on cryptsy and make money. You will regret it.

It's crashing over there. It's (DOGE) down 50% in 1 hour.

AND guess what - when you do sell at a loss you will have your withrawal frozen.

They are not letting ANYONE take money out since the crash.
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:48:29 AM

By the way. The larger volume of coins, the lower the entry point, which allows more people to be actively invested in the coin. It's psychological thing.

Today, the average person can get 1 bitcoin, for around $600, or around 1,000,000 Dogecoins.

Hypothetically speaking, Doge may have more interest or an overall higher market cap than most other coins simply because there is more coins in circulation.

100,000,000,000 Was actually a very smart number. From the start, I believe 21,000,000 was one of the biggest failures in bitcoin, causing the entry point to be so damn high.

By the same token, the high entry point of bitcoin does cause some very real attention. Either way, Doge releasing this amount of coins, at this time, with the viral potential to gain mainstream attention, was almost the perfect storm of right things to do.

Just some food for thought for those people who keep saying how many coins there are or how easy it was to get them as a bad thing. Trust me as an active miner, the difficulty exploded just in the last few days.
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:51:13 AM

By the way. The larger volume of coins, the lower the entry point, which allows more people to be actively invested in the coin. It's psychological thing.

Today, the average person can get 1 bitcoin, for around $600, or around 1,000,000 Dogecoins.

Hypothetically speaking, Doge may have more interest or an overall higher market cap than most other coins simply because there is more coins in circulation.

100,000,000,000 Was actually a very smart number. From the start, I believe 21,000,000 was one of the biggest failures in bitcoin, causing the entry point to be so damn high.

By the same token, the high entry point of bitcoin does cause some very real attention. Either way, Doge releasing this amount of coins, at this time, with the viral potential to gain mainstream attention, was almost the perfect storm of right things to do.

Just some food for thought for those people who keep saying how many coins there are or how easy it was to get them as a bad thing. Trust me as an active miner, the difficulty exploded just in the last few days.
To what?  Higher than LTC? Higher than say WDC? Doubt it. Add the fact you get much less coin from those to listed per block... get what I am saying?

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
kanus1113

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:56:16 AM

To what?  Higher than LTC? Higher than say WDC? Doubt it. Add the fact you get much less coin from those to listed per block... get what I am saying?

No I dont, please elaborate.

By the way, the market cap doubled today.
kju

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:04:31 AM

Well, this is only if you stick to these units. If the BTC price rises again and rises more, using BTC as the base unit becomes increasingly less useful and people will probably start to use mBTC as the main working unit. And then the question is no longer if you get 1 or 100 BTC but 1 or 100 mBTC which lowers the "psychological thing" based "entry point" by a factor of 1000.

Also saying "there are more (potential) coins of X than of Y" is somewhat pointless and only makes sense if you totally ignore that you are not trading in full, indivisible coins but in fractions down to the smallest possible value which can be expressed in that currency (e.g. 1 satoshi). You need to compare the possible amount of the smallest possible value. Without having checked it, this is probably still in favor for Dogecoin, but if for example Dogecoin would have only one decimal after the dot (smallest unit 0.1 Doge) it would not. Therefore I don't think that comparing the number of "full" coins makes sense, even when recognizing the "psychological thing".

niothor

Activity: 826

in defi we trust

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:08:49 AM

Goooo Dogeeee!

It's a joke coins but seeing how enraged quaks fan are with their scamcoin I'm sooo happy.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
airtreb

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:19:28 AM

how many confirmation before this doge will appear on the balance, 255 confirmation already and still pending deposit. i want to sell my 20M dogecoin at 0.00000010
kju

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:20:03 AM

It's a joke coins but seeing how enraged quaks fan are with their scamcoin I'm sooo happy.

I'm playing around with it just for fun. But it would not be the first joke in the world which still turned into something real.
kanus1113

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:20:30 AM

Well, this is only if you stick to these units. If the BTC price rises again and rises more, using BTC as the base unit becomes increasingly less useful and people will probably start to use mBTC as the main working unit. And then the question is no longer if you get 1 or 100 BTC but 1 or 100 mBTC which lowers the "psychological thing" based "entry point" by a factor of 1000.

Also saying "there are more (potential) coins of X than of Y" is somewhat pointless and only makes sense if you totally ignore that you are not trading in full, indivisible coins but in fractions down to the smallest possible value which can be expressed in that currency (e.g. 1 satoshi). You need to compare the possible amount of the smallest possible value. Without having checked it, this is probably still in favor for Dogecoin, but if for example Dogecoin would have only one decimal after the dot (smallest unit 0.1 Doge) it would not. Therefore I don't think that comparing the number of "full" coins makes sense, even when recognizing the "psychological thing".

Using decimals beyond hundredths and mBTC uBTC makes it far too confusing the average user. Maybe in the trading world it will stick, but in the rest of world, I highly doubt it. Ever been to a fast food restaurant when the register was down? Would you be surprised to find out they cant figure out your change?

If you think a whole versus a partial doesn't have any psychological effect, then you better tell the marketing world... They have been using $49.95 and $9.99 instead of $50 and $10 for a long long time, who knew it was a waste of time. /sarcasm
airtreb

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:26:44 AM

how i wish this coin didn't go yet in his graveyard "Cryptsy" its doing great in Coined Up...Why oh WOw! Cry poor dogecoin
kju

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:33:34 AM

Using decimals beyond hundredths and mBTC uBTC makes it far too confusing the average user.

I think you are missing the point. The base unit can be changed so that you don't have to deal with too many decimals. If BTC gets to valuable, prices will likely be expressed in mBTC. If mBTC gets to valuable, prices will likely be expressed in uBTC. The final step would be Satoshis.

It is somewhat like that already in the real world. When I ask at the bakery for the price of a bread roll, they will not tell me that it is 0.30 EUR but they will say it is 30 Cents. It goes in the other direction as well. The car might cost 30371 EUR (and of course this is the displayed price) but for the sake of talking about cars and comparison people will say its "30 - thousand EUR" (some people even would write 30 TEUR or 30 kEUR).

The world has experienced inflation before. When even basic stuff like a bread roll had cost like 100000 WE (WE=whatever). What then often happens is that a new currency unit is created like NWE (New whatever) and for example it is declared that 100000 WE are equal to 1 NWE. And then people just use NWE and have adjusted the numbers of digits by that. And some time later NWE might even be renamed to WE again.

But we already have mBTC, uBTC and Satoshi. We just need to use it when appropriate. Only when already 1 Satoshi is too valuable for some transactions, there will be a problem with Bitcoins. Or probably somewhat earlier, because the smallest transaction fee is 1 Satoshi as well and you don't want to have like 50% transaction fee on your purchase.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: