Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 10:36:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DOGECOIN NOW ON Cryptsy! YAYYYY  (Read 10548 times)
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:48:49 AM

Using decimals beyond hundredths and mBTC uBTC makes it far too confusing the average user.

I think you are missing the point. The base unit can be changed so that you don't have to deal with too many decimals. If BTC gets to valuable, prices will likely be expressed in mBTC. If mBTC gets to valuable, prices will likely be expressed in uBTC. The final step would be Satoshis.

It is somewhat like that already in the real world. When I ask at the bakery for the price of a bread roll, they will not tell me that it is 0.30 EUR but they will say it is 30 Cents. It goes in the other direction as well. The car might cost 30371 EUR (and of course this is the displayed price) but for the sake of talking about cars and comparison people will say its "30 - thousand EUR" (some people even would write 30 TEUR or 30 kEUR).

The world has experienced inflation before. When even basic stuff like a bread roll had cost like 100000 WE (WE=whatever). What then often happens is that a new currency unit is created like NWE (New whatever) and for example it is declared that 100000 WE are equal to 1 NWE. And then people just use NWE and have adjusted the numbers of digits by that. And some time later NWE might even be renamed to WE again.

But we already have mBTC, uBTC and Satoshi. We just need to use it when appropriate. Only when already 1 Satoshi is too valuable for some transactions, there will be a problem with Bitcoins. Or probably somewhat earlier, because the smallest transaction fee is 1 Satoshi as well and you don't want to have like 50% transaction fee on your purchase.

I get what your saying and I didnt miss your point. The problem is that you will still have BTC. Its a lot easier to calculate whole numbers than into decimals. Its not like mBTC will now be the BTC, and nobody will use the old BTC value anymore. You will still have people trying to use BTC for large purchases and mBTC for smaller ones. Which is exactly how it works today.

The only way to fix the problem in my humble opinion is to split BTC like a stock.
kju

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:52:07 AM

how many confirmation before this doge will appear on the balance, 255 confirmation already and still pending deposit. i want to sell my 20M dogecoin at 0.00000010

It appears that the delays have nothing to do with the number of confirmations. I made a few (small) deposits and the time it took (and the number of confirmations which happened in the meanwhile) where vastly different. Even deposits made at roughly the same time show this, some were credited two hours ago, some are still pending.
kju

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:13:55 AM

There's a world of difference between a joke coin and a coin such as Prime coin.

When does a joke coin stop being a joke coin? Because this MIGHT be happening here, but this is yet to see. These days using clam shells as a currency looks like a joke too, but this was not always the case.
kanus1113

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:19:04 AM

Now that you got your market, will you please stop spaming about the coin on /g/?
shit coin is shit.
doge coin threads are just as bad as desktop threads.

If shit coins are shit, you should stay out of Alt coin forums my friend.

There's a world of difference between a joke coin and a coin such as Prime coin.

I know its easier to call it a joke coin than admit it is being taken seriously or that you didn't take it seriously.
kanus1113

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:20:22 AM

When does a joke coin stop being a joke coin? Because this MIGHT be happening here, but this is yet to see. These days using clam shells as a currency looks like a joke too, but this was not always the case.

Well said.
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:38:11 PM

Deposited 7k dogecoin and it's been 200 confirmations and still nothing. Deposited 34 PHS and after 9 confirms, still nothing.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:41:21 PM

Deposited 7k dogecoin and it's been 200 confirmations and still nothing. Deposited 34 PHS and after 9 confirms, still nothing.

I can confirm that it takes a long time for your coins to turn up. But they do turn up. Tomorrow they will definitely be there.
matsmyth

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:43:24 AM

Please do not trade with durrrr. He is a scammer who will keep your money.
donbamba

Activity: 30

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 10:28:32 AM

You are right!
I sent durrrr .33 bitcoin for some dogecoins yesterday and i still didnt received anything.
He said that he transfer it from cryptsy and its in pending status but it has been almost s4 since then and nothing yet.
Guys do not deal with him!
RoooooR
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

GigTricks.io | A CRYPTO ECOSYSTEM FOR ON-DEMAND EC

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:45:51 PM

I sent 1m doge to wallet that cryptsy gave
DSZRrAcrT86N64rbiXxSkvqknv7wT2z7eY

http://dogechain.info//address/DSZRrAcrT86N64rbiXxSkvqknv7wT2z7eY

What's going on ?

Still no Doges. bye bye 1m doge !

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
kocourPB

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 04:11:07 PM

hi guys.

today i deposited all my 6500 dogecoins (i mined them 4 days) to cryptsy ... after 5 hours of waiting, they aren't deposited yet. still pending deposits after 6 confirmations. it's so annoying that you mine like dumb all nights and then all your dogecoins are flushed in cryptsy.  Embarrassed
kocourPB

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 11:50:17 AM
Last edit: December 28, 2013, 09:26:13 AM by kocourPB

dogecoins are not deposited yet, almost 24hr after ... no response on ticket  Sad i think all my 6500 doges are gone  Undecided

edit: all my dogecoins were refunded  Smiley yaayyy
sundownz

Activity: 714
Merit: 512

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 05:19:25 AM

So what is withdrawal time like on Cryptsy for Dogecoin ?

I have put Doge into it numerous times, sold Doge to LTC and/or BTC, and have withdrawn both to my wallets no problem.

But it's going on an hour taking Doge out to my wallet and it hasn't hit at all. This normally a slow process with them ? First time I've tried to take Doge out.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
sundownz

Activity: 714
Merit: 512

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 03:59:52 PM

To follow up. It got kicked back -- they still took the 1 doge fee, though.

So I just sold that batch to LTC and took the LTC out -- no problem as usual.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: