Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:09:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BEWARE OF ICOBENCH  (Read 749 times)
poutintsev (OP)

Activity: 164
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 05:52:59 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2018, 06:42:22 AM by poutintsev

ICO Bench, one of the biggest ICO listing site has been caught with multiple frauds. Let’s start from smallest one.

https://medium.com/@filip.poutintsev/beware-of-ico-bench-a41e401b69ea

I don’t recommend anyone having any business with the ICO Bench.

1. Overpriced useless promotional packages

Most expensive promotion package on ICO Bench is “Premium Hit” that costs 35 BTC and last 45 days. If you count highest price per day, “Premium Deluxe” last only 7 days and costs 10 BTC.

So what do you get for such high price? Not much. I’ve heard from several ICOs that the money they paid to ICO Bench were practically wasted. Yes you get some traffic, but compared to the amount it’s the most expensive traffic in crypto world and the quality is just average.

2. “Free” ICO listing

While ICO Bench claim to offer ICO listing, that’s a total lie. Well technically they do offer free listing, but you’ll have to wait for months to get listed and by that time your ICO sale will be probably already over.

3. Terrible customer support

In best cases you get a reply after 1–2 weeks, but if ICO Bench don’t find your message to be interested they will not reply at all. Writing on their social media also get no response. It seems even though they make huge amount of money only 1 person is handling customer support.

For example things like KYC procedure of ICO founders take huge amount of time, even if you paid for “premium listing”.

4. No one is checking ICO Expert application

Like with the customer support no one bothers to check Expert applications. People have been waiting for months with no results. I have been checking the list of Expert and in past few months and there hasn’t been any new faces on the list. It seems that no one is approving new Expert applications.

5. False ratings

ICO Bench’s own ICO rating bot “Benchy” will give rating according to which promotional package you bought. The more you paid the better rating you will have and if you only paid cheapest fee for listing, you’re rating will be low no matter how good your ICO is.

6. False ratings by ICO Experts

While accepting payment for rating is forbidden according to the terms, almost every expert does that and ICOs are happy to pay for it.

7. No company, no contact information

There is no legal information about ICO Bench. No company info, no physical address and no names of people behind the project.

If you search ICO Bench on Linkedin, you may discover few employees who all work from Russia, therefore it seems that ICO Bench is a Russian set up, though where it is legally registered (or if has been registered at all) is unknown.

It sure seems that ICO Bench does everything to hide the information of it’s founders, probably because of the reasons mentioned above.

Do you know any other dirty secrets of ICO Bench? Please share them in comment section!

My trust score has been ruined by fake negative reviews by lying users. Click on my "trust" and then "reference" to see for what exactly I got them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tynovten_

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:44:12 AM

Wow, such a warm news. So far altough i never followed ico but i still following bounty base on recommendation icobench with the way see the rank. So far i don't care of the things above, i ignore it. If that's true hope it will take an action as soon as possible.

julianAm

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 07:00:26 AM

Recently I read some posts from one of  their experts. He tell that his work is paid PR and nothing more. It's not important how ICO legitimate or right. He made own rating by money only.

I don't sure that ICOBench is Russian project. Usually same ideas are international

shapegray

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:09:43 AM

Some ICO rating site aren't too good as a reference for choosing ICO, it might be better to judge by yourself what you think is better.
oaks05

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:11:20 AM

only been on the site once i believe wasnt impressed by it havent been back since def better options out there than this one.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
cryptorTUX

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:17:25 AM

I used to go there as it really lists all the major ICOs that are lunching within the space, though they don't offer every single one off them listed and ratings. Thank you for taking your time to list this here as now I will think more before I even go to ico bench and other similar websites out there. It is easier as you get ratings and all but I think the higher issue is that we often forget that they could be paid by others to write fake reviews. It socks but you do everything for the money and  so do we. Best thing is to exclude these kind of websites in the future and get back to our on conclusions.
steplaza

Activity: 175

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:20:10 AM

Thanks for sharing, I am wondering is there any evidence, proof of this misbehavior? We are just relying on the article opening "has been caught doing this.."
Leona Lewis

Activity: 181
Merit: 5

Token That Will Transform The Venture Capital Mark

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 08:20:46 AM

Thanks for good information sharing! All your decisions should be made by your own without rely on ico listings/ratings sites.

▂▂▂▂▂  E Q U I  ▂▂▂▂▂
Transforming Venture Capital
Coingram

Activity: 295

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:23:14 AM

Oh lord. I thought it is a trusted source where all the info is true and I have picked up many ICOs from there. Unfortunetely some of them has disappointed me
Peple

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:23:43 AM

I'm not the first to hear a lot of negative about ICOBench, I'm not surprised that there was another post with detailed information
kingzpro

Activity: 756
Merit: 13

DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:26:35 AM

Yeah i actually believe that not only ico bench but all ico rating websites have no guarantee about how good an ico will be, they just give the score based on expectations and there are also rumors that they do paid listings and paid listings can not be unbiased.

stasiulman

Activity: 378
Merit: 114

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:32:30 AM

I was always interested in how the expert rating is formed and who are the experts. Only here probably not only Ico bench working this way. Thanks for the info.
bitcoinliker999

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:35:42 AM

Awesome Post!!!
Jericka D Ranillo

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 08:36:48 AM

Yes I also not believe in ICObench and all ico rating sites because just what you said, It can be manipulated by money false rates by expert and the both. How could a both do rating? Big false by ICObench. I do a self review when talking about an ICO bounty, not looking this kind or rating sites

maurobiasolo

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

http://scientificcoin.com/

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:40:30 AM

I've managed a small ICO in the past (And currently engaged in another one): all the industry only care about money. Listing website, promotions, etc: they can write/shill whatever you want for BTCs

SCIENTIFICCOIN - platform for scientific projects with decentralized evaluation

TelegramFacebookTwitter ‖   PLATFORM   ‖ RedditMediumWhitepaper
rodney0404

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:49:52 AM

I'm so sad, I thought ICOBench is the most trusted in terms of rating of an ICO but based on what I read now, it can't be trusted at all. Every time I pick bounties I base on recommendation of ICOBench or other ICO rating and listing platform but now, it's better to do your own rating by yourself. Cry
Drogean

Activity: 182
Merit: 12

"The future of advertisement intelligence"

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:21:31 AM

35BTC for listing? Shocked this is crazy.
Of course, they give some traffic to the site, but they are not worth this money . for some projects this is 1/10 of capitalization. There are many alternative placement options.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀ ● ◯ SaTT - The Revolution of Advertising Transactions ◯ ● ▀▀▀▀▀█▄
●███    Website | Ann Thread | Whitepaper | Facebook | Twitter | Telegram    ███●
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   PRE-SALE COMPLETED IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS!   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
HungryTigerGrouchyCrotch

Activity: 278
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:23:13 AM

Woow, this I didn´t know, I trusted them so much, because I thought that there are real experts providing real rating!

omnik

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:31:42 AM

ICO Bench, one of the biggest ICO listing site has been caught with multiple frauds. Let’s start from smallest one.

https://medium.com/@filip.poutintsev/beware-of-ico-bench-a41e401b69ea

I don’t recommend anyone having any business with the ICO Bench.

1. Overpriced useless promotional packages

Most expensive promotion package on ICO Bench is “Premium Hit” that costs 35 BTC and last 45 days. If you count highest price per day, “Premium Deluxe” last only 7 days and costs 10 BTC.

So what do you get for such high price? Not much. I’ve heard from several ICOs that the money they paid to ICO Bench were practically wasted. Yes you get some traffic, but compared to the amount it’s the most expensive traffic in crypto world and the quality is just average.

2. “Free” ICO listing

While ICO Bench claim to offer ICO listing, that’s a total lie. Well technically they do offer free listing, but you’ll have to wait for months to get listed and by that time your ICO sale will be probably already over.

3. Terrible customer support

In best cases you get a reply after 1–2 weeks, but if ICO Bench don’t find your message to be interested they will not reply at all. Writing on their social media also get no response. It seems even though they make huge amount of money only 1 person is handling customer support.

For example things like KYC procedure of ICO founders take huge amount of time, even if you paid for “premium listing”.

4. No one is checking ICO Expert application

Like with the customer support no one bothers to check Expert applications. People have been waiting for months with no results. I have been checking the list of Expert and in past few months and there hasn’t been any new faces on the list. It seems that no one is approving new Expert applications.

5. False ratings

ICO Bench’s own ICO rating bot “Benchy” will give rating according to which promotional package you bought. The more you paid the better rating you will have and if you only paid cheapest fee for listing, you’re rating will be low no matter how good your ICO is.

6. False ratings by ICO Experts

While accepting payment for rating is forbidden according to the terms, almost every expert does that and ICOs are happy to pay for it.

7. No company, no contact information

There is no legal information about ICO Bench. No company info, no physical address and no names of people behind the project.

If you search ICO Bench on Linkedin, you may discover few employees who all work from Russia, therefore it seems that ICO Bench is a Russian set up, though where it is legally registered (or if has been registered at all) is unknown.

It sure seems that ICO Bench does everything to hide the information of it’s founders, probably because of the reasons mentioned above.

Do you know any other dirty secrets of ICO Bench? Please share them in comment section!

As far as i know that icobench is fully manipulated by its owner to become paid to promote and tries to give a rating based on how much the ico team was paying to the icobench itself. the only reliable icolist is icodrop because it's based on the community decision and vote. The majority of icolist site is paid to promote right now.
rarg

Activity: 224

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 11:13:04 AM

All right. I think you should add more facts. You only copy paste the information from that Medium article. I am not taking a side. I just want to neutral here. I will appreciate if you can add a more real fact about that issue.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: