Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:03:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: BEWARE OF ICOBENCH  (Read 749 times)
poutintsev (OP)

Activity: 164
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 05:52:59 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2018, 06:42:22 AM by poutintsev

ICO Bench, one of the biggest ICO listing site has been caught with multiple frauds. Let’s start from smallest one.

https://medium.com/@filip.poutintsev/beware-of-ico-bench-a41e401b69ea

I don’t recommend anyone having any business with the ICO Bench.

1. Overpriced useless promotional packages

Most expensive promotion package on ICO Bench is “Premium Hit” that costs 35 BTC and last 45 days. If you count highest price per day, “Premium Deluxe” last only 7 days and costs 10 BTC.

So what do you get for such high price? Not much. I’ve heard from several ICOs that the money they paid to ICO Bench were practically wasted. Yes you get some traffic, but compared to the amount it’s the most expensive traffic in crypto world and the quality is just average.

2. “Free” ICO listing

While ICO Bench claim to offer ICO listing, that’s a total lie. Well technically they do offer free listing, but you’ll have to wait for months to get listed and by that time your ICO sale will be probably already over.

3. Terrible customer support

In best cases you get a reply after 1–2 weeks, but if ICO Bench don’t find your message to be interested they will not reply at all. Writing on their social media also get no response. It seems even though they make huge amount of money only 1 person is handling customer support.

For example things like KYC procedure of ICO founders take huge amount of time, even if you paid for “premium listing”.

4. No one is checking ICO Expert application

Like with the customer support no one bothers to check Expert applications. People have been waiting for months with no results. I have been checking the list of Expert and in past few months and there hasn’t been any new faces on the list. It seems that no one is approving new Expert applications.

5. False ratings

ICO Bench’s own ICO rating bot “Benchy” will give rating according to which promotional package you bought. The more you paid the better rating you will have and if you only paid cheapest fee for listing, you’re rating will be low no matter how good your ICO is.

6. False ratings by ICO Experts

While accepting payment for rating is forbidden according to the terms, almost every expert does that and ICOs are happy to pay for it.

7. No company, no contact information

There is no legal information about ICO Bench. No company info, no physical address and no names of people behind the project.

If you search ICO Bench on Linkedin, you may discover few employees who all work from Russia, therefore it seems that ICO Bench is a Russian set up, though where it is legally registered (or if has been registered at all) is unknown.

It sure seems that ICO Bench does everything to hide the information of it’s founders, probably because of the reasons mentioned above.

Do you know any other dirty secrets of ICO Bench? Please share them in comment section!

My trust score has been ruined by fake negative reviews by lying users. Click on my "trust" and then "reference" to see for what exactly I got them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tynovten_

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:44:12 AM

Wow, such a warm news. So far altough i never followed ico but i still following bounty base on recommendation icobench with the way see the rank. So far i don't care of the things above, i ignore it. If that's true hope it will take an action as soon as possible.

julianAm

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 07:00:26 AM

Recently I read some posts from one of  their experts. He tell that his work is paid PR and nothing more. It's not important how ICO legitimate or right. He made own rating by money only.

I don't sure that ICOBench is Russian project. Usually same ideas are international

shapegray

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:09:43 AM

Some ICO rating site aren't too good as a reference for choosing ICO, it might be better to judge by yourself what you think is better.
oaks05

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:11:20 AM

only been on the site once i believe wasnt impressed by it havent been back since def better options out there than this one.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
cryptorTUX

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:17:25 AM

I used to go there as it really lists all the major ICOs that are lunching within the space, though they don't offer every single one off them listed and ratings. Thank you for taking your time to list this here as now I will think more before I even go to ico bench and other similar websites out there. It is easier as you get ratings and all but I think the higher issue is that we often forget that they could be paid by others to write fake reviews. It socks but you do everything for the money and  so do we. Best thing is to exclude these kind of websites in the future and get back to our on conclusions.
steplaza

Activity: 175

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:20:10 AM

Thanks for sharing, I am wondering is there any evidence, proof of this misbehavior? We are just relying on the article opening "has been caught doing this.."
Leona Lewis

Activity: 181
Merit: 5

Token That Will Transform The Venture Capital Mark

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 08:20:46 AM

Thanks for good information sharing! All your decisions should be made by your own without rely on ico listings/ratings sites.

▂▂▂▂▂  E Q U I  ▂▂▂▂▂
Transforming Venture Capital
Coingram

Activity: 295

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:23:14 AM

Oh lord. I thought it is a trusted source where all the info is true and I have picked up many ICOs from there. Unfortunetely some of them has disappointed me
Peple

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:23:43 AM

I'm not the first to hear a lot of negative about ICOBench, I'm not surprised that there was another post with detailed information
kingzpro

Activity: 756
Merit: 13

DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:26:35 AM

Yeah i actually believe that not only ico bench but all ico rating websites have no guarantee about how good an ico will be, they just give the score based on expectations and there are also rumors that they do paid listings and paid listings can not be unbiased.

stasiulman

Activity: 378
Merit: 114

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:32:30 AM

I was always interested in how the expert rating is formed and who are the experts. Only here probably not only Ico bench working this way. Thanks for the info.
bitcoinliker999

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:35:42 AM

Awesome Post!!!
Jericka D Ranillo

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 08:36:48 AM

Yes I also not believe in ICObench and all ico rating sites because just what you said, It can be manipulated by money false rates by expert and the both. How could a both do rating? Big false by ICObench. I do a self review when talking about an ICO bounty, not looking this kind or rating sites

maurobiasolo

Activity: 602

http://scientificcoin.com/

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:40:30 AM

I've managed a small ICO in the past (And currently engaged in another one): all the industry only care about money. Listing website, promotions, etc: they can write/shill whatever you want for BTCs

SCIENTIFICCOIN - platform for scientific projects with decentralized evaluation

TelegramFacebookTwitter ‖   PLATFORM   ‖ RedditMediumWhitepaper
rodney0404

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:49:52 AM

I'm so sad, I thought ICOBench is the most trusted in terms of rating of an ICO but based on what I read now, it can't be trusted at all. Every time I pick bounties I base on recommendation of ICOBench or other ICO rating and listing platform but now, it's better to do your own rating by yourself. Cry
Drogean

Activity: 182
Merit: 12

"The future of advertisement intelligence"

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:21:31 AM

35BTC for listing? Shocked this is crazy.
Of course, they give some traffic to the site, but they are not worth this money . for some projects this is 1/10 of capitalization. There are many alternative placement options.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀ ● ◯ SaTT - The Revolution of Advertising Transactions ◯ ● ▀▀▀▀▀█▄
●███    Website | Ann Thread | Whitepaper | Facebook | Twitter | Telegram    ███●
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   PRE-SALE COMPLETED IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS!   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
HungryTigerGrouchyCrotch

Activity: 278

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:23:13 AM

Woow, this I didn´t know, I trusted them so much, because I thought that there are real experts providing real rating!

omnik

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:31:42 AM

ICO Bench, one of the biggest ICO listing site has been caught with multiple frauds. Let’s start from smallest one.

Most expensive promotion package on ICO Bench is “Premium Hit” that costs 35 BTC and last 45 days. If you count highest price per day, “Premium Deluxe” last only 7 days and costs 10 BTC.

So what do you get for such high price? Not much. I’ve heard from several ICOs that the money they paid to ICO Bench were practically wasted. Yes you get some traffic, but compared to the amount it’s the most expensive traffic in crypto world and the quality is just average.

2. “Free” ICO listing

While ICO Bench claim to offer ICO listing, that’s a total lie. Well technically they do offer free listing, but you’ll have to wait for months to get listed and by that time your ICO sale will be probably already over.

In best cases you get a reply after 1–2 weeks, but if ICO Bench don’t find your message to be interested they will not reply at all. Writing on their social media also get no response. It seems even though they make huge amount of money only 1 person is handling customer support.

For example things like KYC procedure of ICO founders take huge amount of time, even if you paid for “premium listing”.

Like with the customer support no one bothers to check Expert applications. People have been waiting for months with no results. I have been checking the list of Expert and in past few months and there hasn’t been any new faces on the list. It seems that no one is approving new Expert applications.

5. False ratings

ICO Bench’s own ICO rating bot “Benchy” will give rating according to which promotional package you bought. The more you paid the better rating you will have and if you only paid cheapest fee for listing, you’re rating will be low no matter how good your ICO is.

While accepting payment for rating is forbidden according to the terms, almost every expert does that and ICOs are happy to pay for it.

There is no legal information about ICO Bench. No company info, no physical address and no names of people behind the project.

If you search ICO Bench on Linkedin, you may discover few employees who all work from Russia, therefore it seems that ICO Bench is a Russian set up, though where it is legally registered (or if has been registered at all) is unknown.

It sure seems that ICO Bench does everything to hide the information of it’s founders, probably because of the reasons mentioned above.

Do you know any other dirty secrets of ICO Bench? Please share them in comment section!

As far as i know that icobench is fully manipulated by its owner to become paid to promote and tries to give a rating based on how much the ico team was paying to the icobench itself. the only reliable icolist is icodrop because it's based on the community decision and vote. The majority of icolist site is paid to promote right now.
rarg

Activity: 224

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 11:13:04 AM

All right. I think you should add more facts. You only copy paste the information from that Medium article. I am not taking a side. I just want to neutral here. I will appreciate if you can add a more real fact about that issue.

Bencus

Activity: 265

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:37:37 AM

I deep down felt icobench is a bit sketchy, but if what you wrote is true, I was naive. I knew they were promoting some ICOs, but the extent they did it is incredible.

Are other ICO sites similar? If I ever plan to invest into ICOs again, I wish to know how biased are these sites.

On the other hand, if you check 5 ICO rating sites, especially the experts, particularly those who criticise the project, you should have a clear picture if a project is worthy of investing. I usually like to have a word from the youtuber, CoinBlock (Charles is the guy's name). He is relatively unbiased, he has that critical thinking that really appeals to me.
rltim555

Activity: 451

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:43:09 AM

To be honest I no more pay any attention to ICObench ratings. It is obvious that majority of ICOs listed there just pay for such type of promotion and these fake estimations don't  accurately reflect the real situation. ICOdrops is far better.
spopovss

Activity: 672

https://paynote.eu

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:50:36 AM

I had long suspected this site of deception. Ratings are bought, because in often in the top are very bad projects. I trust only icodrops.

El mejor intercambio de criptomonedas https://paynote.eu/
vermigerous

Activity: 489
Merit: 16

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:55:39 AM

I like them because the most ICO that they rate is become successful however i'm not convince with their higher price when it comes to their premium. like you said 10BTC for just 7 days of advertisement. I don't buy that.

xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 12:11:12 PM

Its quite visible from a mile away that their whole "operation" is of questionable credibility. The only ICO reviewing site that I trust is Icodrops in addition to some prominent ICO reviewers on Youtube as well.
hlopchik3000

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 12:16:46 PM

Now generally you should not trust sites evaluating ICO-projects. Independently check and evaluate. Believe me, this is much more profitable than trusting all these resources, which were created not for help, but for earning momey
Alstad

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:09:54 PM

About ICObench, all we know is that there is three type of application to publish an ICO: free, priority (0.1BTC) and priority listing + priority application (1BTC). It is also mentioned in the Terms and Conditions. But we will never know if something is happenig behind closed door of ICO rating services.

I don't agree with this economic model for ICO rating services but what can we do? What bothers me the most is the lack of professionalism (perhaps even the lack of any real investigation) of the these called experts. This will damage the whole ecosystem and a lot of naive investors will lose their money.

The bad news for these rating services is that they will also be held legally responsible if they endorse or advertise a scam.
2Pac

Activity: 749
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:13:45 PM

Thanks for pointing out this issue. This is a known fact that ICO rating sites are not honest. Some projects are overhyped because of their ratings. Money talks here, as in everywhere else.
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 03:15:25 PM

I just go there for some informational purposes only. I do not only take their ratings as a form of due diligence. I always check out other types of information as to what the product or service from an ICO is and also the Team, roadmap, marketcap etc. I think we should take these rating sites as a pinch of salt as the CRYPTO INDUSTRY is very much still in its infancy and so not many sites are yet accredited or regulated as much as we would like to see in order to protect people from various scams. I hope ICOBENCH is not a total sham I will do more research on the matter.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
k-west

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:24:53 PM

I suspected it.Actually I never believe in any ratings and comments.Yes,I sometimes take a quick look at specialized sites like Icobench or Icorating,but I dont take them too seriously.
bcointt

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:49:50 PM

Thank you. I began to notice too that something not so with this website. ICObench just makes money on advertising.
Always I check analogs, but also another website lie. Don't trust anybody - basic rule.
dollurs

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:59:45 PM

ooops. Are you serious ?. Because I've seen that some projects are proudly telling that they have been got ratings at icobench. This is a news to me. Anyway, thanks for informing us.
evgenij.burchak

Activity: 263

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:01:39 PM

I believe, that if test all existing rating agencies, then of them good will be only 2-3 pieces. And what I want to say. If you are thinking of investing in ICO, it is better to sit on your own and check the team of interest, rather than relying on such altruistic sites.
pey

Activity: 546
Merit: 251

Free Crypto in Stake.com Telegram t.me/StakeCasino

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:11:34 PM

There are few trusted websites listing ICOs and don't think they list or promote scam ICOs as they offer good amount of money, so there is no need to search for different ico listing websites.

miyaka26

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:20:24 PM

It is so expensive to have a good listings to that website $290,000 plus for a premium listing? 1 btc is so expensive for an ordinary person how much more for that price, if you have a good damn ICO then why to have a costly enlistment? it is better to use that amount bitcoin for promotional and development purposes of the project that's why you should never depend on the rating site though they may help, but to fully depend is not always the option, do your own ratings to find those good projects.

BitcoVast

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:22:49 PM

few months ago i ever wanted to use icobench fire, i tried request fire key to icobench, but till today icobench does not send fire key. I think it's free, but after I read your post, I was thinking, maybe using not free icobench api.
mybloomingpath

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:39:58 PM

Thank upi for sharing this information. I hope your post will reach as many users as possible, cause such kind of ratings are useless in this case.Many people invest just after listing there and trust ICOBENCH rating too much. Of course investors should consider other sources of inforamtion but in any case ICOBENCH rating plays very significant role.
HALLASTERA

Merit: 12

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:50:56 PM

I'm not use icobench but it's not news for me. Every ICO's lists like Icodrops or other site sell out their services for crazy money because people trust them.
charly1987

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 07:16:15 PM

What a nice game & what a nice Pot!!!.
rackam

Activity: 163

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 07:21:38 PM

2. “Free” ICO listing

5. False ratings

It seems that creating website like a ICOBench is much profitable!
You will pay more for listing on ICOBench than for listing on the exchanges  Grin.

adarwis

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 07:22:37 PM

In my opinion, almost most of the ICO listing sites are just there, they just want to profit, any project if they pay higher, then they will give ICO a better rating
saycryptohello

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 07:23:59 PM

read your article, thanks for the information. A fairly well-known site in the crypto community. Is there a comment from the ICOBench?
hoosen

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 07:25:05 PM

I think that you can not trust such sites at all, almost all of them sell their reviews. Sorry people who fall into this trap.
Na1l

Activity: 142

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:10:48 PM

I always thought that Icobench is one of the best sites about ICOs, but after reading your post i'm not so sure now. Thanks for the information!
Denzzen

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:19:12 PM

I've heard before about it, thought it's just competitors trying to ruin it. But yeah, seems like Icobench's ratings are fake, though I barely made decision of investing by their ratings.
Adunni6758

Merit: 1

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:53:20 PM

Yes you may be right. We are gradually seeing more light into these ICO listing sites that just rate ICO based on how much they are paid and not based on the legibility and how effective the project is. So many of them have lost their integrity. Care needs to be taken before following ICO listing sites. That is why it is very much important to analyze projects by yourself.
laredo7mm

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:48:01 PM

Is there any ICO-review site that does NOT offer payed exposure and higher ratings for ICOs that pay them money? I know, they need some money to cover website hosting and pay their staff, but they could get that money from traditional ads on the side of website.
cherryscarlett

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:29:54 AM

I've never liked the icobench website.
The site's ICO rating is pretty bad, and most of the time, some shit coin has a high score.

tahsanabir

Activity: 67

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:05:36 AM

it's a good news. I always thought that Icobench is one of the best sites about ICOs, but after reading your post i'm not so sure now.  thank you so much for your information.
KagiSama

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:16:02 AM

this is terrible, I believe on ICObench so much. I always checked ICObench before join ICOs. and with this news, which ico rating should I believe to review ico? any suggestions?
hoavantathan

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:16:10 AM

i have not belief in ICOBENCH for a long time. This website assess many projects easily. when i wanna invest a blockchain project, i always go to icorating to check
chipzeru

Activity: 686
Merit: 39

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:32:04 AM
Last edit: May 17, 2018, 01:32:33 PM by chipzeru

Thank you for the info. There are many good ICOs that only got low rating on ICObench like bob's repair, helbiz and traxia while some scam ICOs got high rating. That's why i've never trusted high rating ICOs on ICObench in the first place. In the end, we have to do our own research before investing in an ICO project.
Bendz

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:45:00 AM

heard this news, very regretted. Although I have made this site my reference in choosing a new ICO Project.
And with this happening, it seems like we should be more careful in choosing a project, even if it has a good ranking, can not guarantee that the project could also end up with fraud.
charly1987

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 04:39:10 AM

This is great!
advico789

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 04:51:37 AM

I was observing one project there few days ago and it got rating as I remember 4.5. After few days the rating changed from 4.5 to 3.8 only due to "Benchy". I understand that the bot makes daily check, but what should happen to make such a big change? The opinion that the rating depends on a package you bought is close to the truth...
Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 04:55:43 AM

Did not know all these negative about icobench. Add one more to this list that is their ICO ratings are usually not good or reliable. Only use it to check information about an ICO and its website and not their opinion about it.
tahmad

Merit: 14

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 05:17:20 AM

Great info. From my experience in ICO, I have look that ICO with great rating on ICOBench is not always success.
I have joined a bounty that the rating of ICO on ICOBench is very low, but the ICO very success, they get their softcap.
And also I have joined a bounty that rating is very great more than 4 stars, but why the ICO is failed. They not reached the softcap.
Than, I never make ICOBench as one of my point to identify ICO is great or not.
gabbie2010

Activity: 2660
Merit: 322

Vave.com - Crypto Casino

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 05:19:20 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2018, 05:46:27 AM by gabbie2010

It is quite unfortunate that ICOBENCH has been compromised by desperate ICOs who are bent on getting advertisements and promotions at all cost without following  due process.
This is a deceitful way of scamming potential investors who visits this site to read reviews and ratings of  upcoming and present ICOs.

macchiato

Merit: 103

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 05:23:10 AM

This is sad because icobench is one of the sites I personally trust. Thank you for sharing this very useful information. Knowing this made me more aware of projects to participate. Recently, I have been dependent to ico rating sites but fortunately I haven't encountered scam projects yet. This is a good warning to all of us. I could still rely on ico rating sites but maybe not completely which I used to do.

Hassan02

Activity: 743
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 05:37:29 AM

The site's ICO rating is pretty bad, and most of tphe time, some shit coin has a high score.
thats why i dont trust any ico rating. I prefer to read the whitepaper in my own than rely on thier rating that obviusly run to just  accomalte money for ico to list in thier website.
evanstinger

Activity: 123

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 07:53:20 AM

Oh wow! Horrible truth! The first thing came out to my thought is the premium price!
It's ridiculously expensive! And to what purpose? Just exposure and internet traffics?
For 35 BTC it's and ultimate waste of money!

Blockshipping    ICO starts 14 May 2018
⋙ ⟫  https://www.blockshipping.io/  ⟪ ⋘
HungryTigerGrouchyCrotch

Activity: 278

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 08:41:26 AM

The site's ICO rating is pretty bad, and most of tphe time, some shit coin has a high score.
thats why i dont trust any ico rating. I prefer to read the whitepaper in my own than rely on thier rating that obviusly run to just  accomalte money for ico to list in thier website.
Do you have time for that? Most of investors don´t do that I think, reviews are much shorter.

charly1987

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 09:28:36 AM

What a great offer for 1,000,000 CPC.
mummybtc

Activity: 868

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 09:33:28 AM

I don't know why people are surprise hearing this news, I have said to friends that they should not take any of these ICO rating sites serious, go there and check for new projects, then do your own research. Greed is everywhere in the space and even youtube content providers now are even worse than these sites
andriw

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 09:44:32 AM

OMG! This is terrible news, while we know that ICO Bench is a reliable and good standard to measure the level of an ICO. Then, which platform is good and reliable to measure ICO?
rackam

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 09:47:06 AM

OMG! This is terrible news, while we know that ICO Bench is a reliable and good standard to measure the level of an ICO. Then, which platform is good and reliable to measure ICO?
There are many simmiliar websites, like Foxico, Trackico, Icomarks, but I dont know if they are better and you could trust them Cheesy.

charly1987

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 11:44:20 AM

What a great offer for 1,000,000 CPC.
Hassan02

Activity: 743

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 12:18:23 PM

Do you have time for that? Most of investors don´t do that I think, reviews are much shorter.

yes its easy to read all the white paper if you really interested to the project you should do that. Also even the ico has a good whitepaper no one know if the team can really do what is in the roadmap or its just a simple promises.
markcruz5554

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:05:39 PM

And they just keep on growing, everyone who gets a decent rating links to them from their homepage.

▰▰▰      ApolloX      ▰▰▰
 ▰ APOLLOX Protocol - Decentralized E-Commerce  ▰
http://www.apollox.network/
big kid

Activity: 324

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 05:43:40 PM

If you do not trust them, then who do you believe in? Really all buy and sell, people lost a sense of dignity. Everyone wants only to earn money.
advico789

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:40:34 PM

Great info. From my experience in ICO, I have look that ICO with great rating on ICOBench is not always success.
I have joined a bounty that the rating of ICO on ICOBench is very low, but the ICO very success, they get their softcap.
And also I have joined a bounty that rating is very great more than 4 stars, but why the ICO is failed. They not reached the softcap.
Than, I never make ICOBench as one of my point to identify ICO is great or not.

Remember that sometimes good projects don't reach softcNaps and bad ones do this. There are a lot of factors which influence on that.
Everglow

Activity: 287
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:22:03 PM

That right, you should believe only in yourself, let read through any Whitepaper of project and decide investing after you were consider careful. In my opinion, That website such a pay - to  - rate  Roll Eyes
Mymikagab

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:17:29 PM

It might be better if you have to rate ico to study self,dont base on what you read, see or rate of other people or expert,we have our own knoledge.Sometimes they even make mistakes We can study stand by our self.
KagiSama

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:17:47 AM

and how do you know that project is good or bad? isn't read the whitepaper takes too much time?
that's why ico review and rating exist, they help us to cut time by read the whitepaper and give us their opinion about the project.
masterkrypto

Activity: 78

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:38:24 AM

I actually agree on this one. ICObench does not have such accurate ratings and may have promoted certain ICOs for its own gain. I caught it after doing my own research on an ico and concluded that ICObench source is not so reliable after all.
But please note this is just my opinion. Do your own due diligence and you will see for yourself.
sultanali

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:00:30 PM

Yes I also aware of this but they are taking the money for giving the good reviews so that all ICOs are also giving them money and making their reviews good that's why I never believed on these kind of sites I always trust on my own research
before---dawn

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 07:20:06 PM

I don't trust companies that hide their legal and contact details such as ICO Bench! Very good article!
poutintsev (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 07:51:08 AM

I don't trust companies that hide their legal and contact details such as ICO Bench!

Yes, that's the biggest red flag!

My trust score has been ruined by fake negative reviews by lying users. Click on my "trust" and then "reference" to see for what exactly I got them.
ivlvov

Activity: 140

CRYPTASSIST.io

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:52:42 AM

I always check the rating of projects on similar sites and never trust them completely. Yes, of course, an ICO store may be a scammer. Of course, such sites sell the textbooks and reviews of the ICOs. Otherwise, why they can make money.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER     》  CRYPTASSIST               |▌  [   ICO HAS STARTED    ▶  JOIN NOW!   ]
            THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD           ⚫  WIN A TESLA ROADSTER!   ))
Telegram   /  ANN   /  Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /  WhitePaper   /
bitcoinliker999

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:02:36 PM

You are so right about ICO Bench! It's full of lies! Many ICOs are now avoiding it completely. ICO Bench has become a closed club of fake influencers, where cronyism blossoms, a travesty of free blockchain industry.
ronnis.gomes

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:10:20 PM

This is not an isolated case on the evaluation of services provided by ICO Bench.
There is a complaint by the CEO of Forever Has Fallen (https://www.foreverhasfallen.com/) about the suitability of this site: https://medium.com/@kimonlycos/a-series-of-unfortunate-icobench-events-1fd87f2b9fac
sergikrnd

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:22:53 PM

network about for a long time a lot of dirt ratings purchase, read an article where everything is painted with the evidence, poring over what you obnauticu Indesit service Russian

ORVIUM Open and Transparent Science
『 https://orvium.io/ 』 Powered By Blockchain
CryptoAlphaStar

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:32:47 PM

I completely agree. ICOBench is a great aggregator, but a terrible rating site. I like the features, though. You can sort out the ICOs and navigate the information about them easily. 
waterproof

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:13:47 PM

All these top sites are created to earn money. And how it is possible to earn well - to offer the advertising and rating to crappy projects having collected from them it is more! And it's profitable for everyone!
advico789

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:26:34 AM

What is the best ICO listing/rating for you? What do you anticipate from this type of site? Maybe it's time for the new one?
haryatiposton01

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:35:21 AM

very good news, I already suspect Ico bench is not a guarantee of the accuracy of data ico, ico rankings can be manipulated and bought, I never trust ico bench and other ico rating.
keykey1

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:42:29 PM

I have long suspected that the ratings on ICOBENCH do not always correspond to some projects. It is necessary to analyze the ICO itself, and not to trust the opinions of false experts.
poutintsev (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 08:00:36 PM

After reading this review ICO Bench have blocked me on Medium. Cheesy

Cianix

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:05:10 PM

Thanks for the article, he did not particularly like me, and then you confirmed my thoughts even more, all these ratings agree everything is done for money

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
kenjionline

Activity: 443

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:17:17 PM

It has long been known that all ratings on icobench are purchased. They have long been sold, the cryptoworld will be filled with corrupt experts. I try not to refer to the ratings referring to this site at all.
Way2Paradise

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 01:41:50 AM

so i can not trust the page, as it looks. i really thought, i can also rely icobench.

It's getting harder and harder to find good icos when you can hardly trust a source of information.
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 03:50:59 PM

ICObench is the worst way to find ICOs.

They have hundreds of fake ICO review "experts" that make fake scores.
I suspected the scores were higher for those who paid more, but didn't realize they were charging such a ridiculous amount to be listed there.
That also makes me mistrust icos featured there even more.
What kind of competent company would spend that much money on a website that is obviously misleading?

As an actual investor, I don't get any information that I can't find on their website.
Most of the time, it is literally just cut and pasted form their website or whitepaper.

It's very had to find unbiased ico review sources as the vast majority of them are pay to profit type websites.
you can only really trust an independent source that is backed by open data and transparency.

How many of those are there?

phuognz999

Activity: 99

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 01:32:44 AM

I had long suspected this site of deception. Ratings are bought, because in often in the top are very bad projects. I trust only icodrops.
BinManR

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 01:39:10 AM

ICO assessments on ICO analyst pages are for reference only and it does not make any difference. same as CMC. and ICOBENCH is one of them. Usually, I do not care much about these pages when choosing an ico for speculation.
lolchina

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 01:46:53 AM

Its not like any other ico listing site isnt doing the same,you really think that any of them aint getting paid to shill some ico?Others pay some popular youtubers for shilling others use bounty campaigns to spread the word,its all part of marketing and if you trust some random website rating and fall for it its your own fault Undecided
gabagandalf

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:13:43 AM

Its not like any other ico listing site isnt doing the same,you really think that any of them aint getting paid to shill some ico?Others pay some popular youtubers for shilling others use bounty campaigns to spread the word,its all part of marketing and if you trust some random website rating and fall for it its your own fault Undecided

thanks for waking me up. in that sense you are right. i thought before that such pages are neutral and not bought. i learned something again.
00DKM@

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:38:55 AM

ICOBENCH has never been an ICO analyst and rating site that gives me credibility. Some of them failed very badly. Will not identify anything until you get a punch and evaluate it as an accident. Many people are skeptical about unfair and not so many details.
https://cryptocurrencyhub.io/beware-of-ico-bench-a41e401b69ea
TheMateus

Merit: 15

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 03:25:53 AM

Well, services so I never take into consideration because they are paid. And it does not add value to the project. And if the project behind ICO is so good then a basic disclosure already solves it.

waterproof

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:01:58 AM

Yes, in general, all these top sites are a complete hoax. They are all created initially to earn, and how to do it, invite the project and offer your rating.
Disclaimert

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:36:57 PM

thank you very much for this very valuable information, I also often analyze an ICO project from some ICO website the wrong rating is ICO Bench and ICO Rating
poutintsev (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 10:29:09 AM

New article about ICO Bench!

https://medium.com/@filip.poutintsev/ico-bench-is-asking-payment-for-expert-status-817daecc14e0

ico-services

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 04:21:23 PM

And ICO Bench still acts like nothing has happened and people still trust in it.
Coremi9

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 04:27:06 PM

Actually I am a person that never makes a research for one ico based on what the "experts" say i never trust what others say it can be scammy or whatever so this is why I do my own research and this is how I am expertised now on seraching for an ico
sharkpc2000

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 11:35:31 AM

I threadbare to bang thither as it in reality booklets each the league ICOs that are lunching inside the room, though they don't contribution every azygous only off them listed and ratings.
TheMateus

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:05:36 AM

The site says that all valuation is paid there. Believe who you want, so I prefer to analyze the entire project on my own.

tesla1994

Activity: 204

N26 Ambassador - Contact for free promo codes

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:51:27 AM

And ICO Bench still acts like nothing has happened and people still trust in it.

I trust this site and this happened: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4713497.0
Be aware guys! Don't trust your money easily. Do your own research
Papcio77

Activity: 841

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:54:50 AM

Yes i found it too, when I chech one bounty campaign there and see the team leaders are passed their kyc( know your customer) but i am bit curious because signature is very importan, 1 account for 1 campaign. So i did check the ceo of the project but i seen it fake. But icobench show that they passed kyc
AssemblY

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 02:09:52 PM

I deep deterge matt icobench is a scrap perfunctory, however whether what you wrote is exactly, I was ignorant. I knew they were contributing any ICOs, however the extent they did it is incredible.
TheMateus

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:46:10 PM

Yes i found it too, when I chech one bounty campaign there and see the team leaders are passed their kyc( know your customer) but i am bit curious because signature is very importan, 1 account for 1 campaign. So i did check the ceo of the project but i seen it fake. But icobench show that they passed kyc

I believe that with any high amount of BTC, anyone gets sold. So I do not believe much on platforms that say give their own opinion.

Tanysha5540

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 01:50:56 PM

Soon, high-quality ICO ratings will appear on the market rather transparent. Everyone already knows that the trackers, they do not give a true estimate. Therefore, the replacement will come other trackers, which will show honest ratings
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: