Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:36:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: No blocks solved in 50 minutes?  (Read 2012 times)
aq

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 12:55:46 AM

The currency fork that provides an encrypted wallet by default is ALWAYS going to be better than one that doesn't. Additionally, the next biggest currency could probably use Unbalanced Oil and Vinegar cryptography for the public and private keys to thwart Shor's algorithm being used on a quantum computer. Put simply, if the core Bitcoin team has stopped innovating, then competing currencies are the solution. It's been over 6 months since Bitcoin breached $1 per, there is simply no excuse for not having an encrypted wallet unless the developers are being bought off or just lazy to the detriment to the rest of the community.

1. The developers are volunteers. Nobody is paying them. If they dont contribute they are not being lazy, they are just doing whatever they need to do. If you want you can take their place and contribute to the community.

2. Encrypted wallet is already in the git branch and will be in the next release.

Both points are valid. However, having said this, there is a lot of open source software out there that seems to be developed much faster. Most of the open source developer love their projects and put long hours of work into them, without being payed. Call it enthusiasm, call it motivation. So one can suspect that somehow the bitcoin developers are not as motivated or enthusiastic as one would like them to be. And I think it is legitimate to ask about the reason, or at least why it appears to be so.
So I say, we should try to motivate them. As I know from myself, you can't buy enthusiasm, but money could help a little bit. That is one of the reasons I started this other thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=35905.0. Unfortunately there is still no bitcoin bounty website out there Sad
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: