Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:30:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is wallet security important to use?  (Read 28203 times)
noah tall

Activity: 524
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 10:32:39 AM

I once read for security wallet,
this is just for discussion how to secure the wallet. I do not think there is a security system and there will be no theft in the wallet.

If you choose your wallet or phone software, you need to be extra careful! Remember that bitcoins are stored inside your device. If your computer or phone breaks down, your bitcoin is gone too! Thieves can also take your bitcoin if it gets access. Consider the following tips to avoid losses:

Perform regular backups regularly
Save the backup on another device like in flash or another computer.
Use the encryption feature
With encryption, each transaction requires a login with a password. This prevents thieves who manage to gain access to your computer.
Do not forget the password
Losing a password equals losing your money! Wallet does not provide a password forgot feature.
Learn more please learn how to secure your wallet here: http://bitcoin.org/en/secure-your-wallet

Do you guys have a better idea to avoid theft in the wallet?
Your Knowledge and Ideas will be more helpful if shared.
Would you let your own wallet just stay on the road for anyone to pick up and just trust the world that no one would pick it up and you will find it wherever you left it on the road ? If not than you would not like your online bitcoin (or any crypto currency) wallet to be unprotected neither.
 Just like how you keep your wallet with you and try to protect it from getting stolen by any thief, you also protect your crypto wallets so that no one can really steal your coins from you. I do not see any difference between the two of these, if you think your coins are less valuable than your real wallet, than you do not believe in the future of crypto.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 11:53:41 AM

Yes it really is, wallet security is important because it shows how you will protect your digital wallet from hackers or people that have bad motives to it. Turning it on will make your wallet more difficult to hack and you can recover your wallet incase you lost your device. It may be a hassle to do but it is a big help to prevent your wallet being emptied without your permission.

Security is important in the cyberworld because you don't know who or when hackers will attempt to invade your privacy and stole something important from you.

It is definitely the main reason for using wallet. Because there are hackers who can even steal exchanges money. Anyway, you should give priority to offline wallets, then 90 percent of your money is secured.
yonjitsu

Activity: 476

www.daxico.com

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 12:03:47 PM

Of course yes, basically! Having a wallet security is very important just like making it double secure from cyber criminals. The famous 2-way factor authentication is also an example of a secured wallet, plus, keeping yourself so vigilant against all malicious and suspicious acts can give you a highly secured digital wallet.

Diablesfunis

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 12:06:17 PM

You coin is stored in your wallet on the blockchain not some hardware, if you want your wallet to be more secure then you should buy a hardware wallet so that other people can't access your wallet unless they have your phrase. If you want to use some web wallet then you shouldn't click random thing on internet to prevent some malware to infect your computer.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
tinystone26

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

Unleash the Power of the World's Crypto Data

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 12:30:30 PM

Yes of course having a security in our wallet is a big deal because we put our money to t to keep it safe and maintain the amount of it. And I think if it has no security do you think people will trust the wallet they use to hold it No of course. It may affect the people's trust to that wallet and make their self hold their money to prevent from losing it.

▶ ▶ T O K E N D A T A   |   UNLEASH THE POWER OF THE WORLD'S CRYPTO DATA   |   T O K E N D A T A ◄ ◄
GET WHITELISTED [ REGISTER NOW ]   ❖   WHITEPAPER   ❖   ANN THREAD   ❖
■  TWITTER  ■  LINKEDIN  ■  TELEGRAM  ■  FACEBOOK  ■  MEDIUM  ■  DISCORD  ■  REDDIT  ■
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 12:54:28 PM

yes of course the security of your wallet is very important and really helps you to secure the assets that you have and there is nothing wrong if you add security to your wallet.
There are hackers who try to enter in my wallet account, it can be seen from the incoming email notification, I don't know how they know about my wallet password, but fortunately I use additional security, that is sms verify to log in so that hackers will not be able to enter because there is verification, luckily i use that. it's just an example of the importance of wallet security
Ponti

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 01:08:16 PM

Of course you should be worried about your wallet security. First of all you should isolate all your wallets from your main PC. Be sure to use passphrases. Also there are specific hardware devices that serve the purpose of protecting your cryptocurrency, have look at Ledger and Trezor.

.BITWIN.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
Dodongbtc111

Activity: 167
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 01:28:47 PM

Yes ofcourse, having this is very important since security must be emphasize. Having a wallet security can reduce the risk of being hacked and avoid any lapses that could tend to losses.
Agniya

Activity: 282
Merit: 4

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 02:05:33 PM

Certainly the reliability of the wallet is important. Otherwise, you risk losing everything you earned and saved up.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢          Buddy          ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Development Automation Platform
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢ token.buddy.works ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
taliwang

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 02:12:18 PM

yes, of course the security for your wallet is very important because by adding security to your wallet it will be very difficult to steal. so don't let you not be able to provide excellent security for your wallet because it will provide a very high risk.
sudip76

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 02:21:50 PM

Yes of course. Wallet security is the main thing. Because you store your money on the wallet so you need check strong wallet security before deposit any money.
tommisetiyawan

Activity: 148

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 02:23:43 PM

Of course a safe wallet is needed to store our crypto currency. I always use authentication codes to secure data from a bitcoin wallet to avoid theft from hackers, and I have never kept my personal data on records connected to the internet, always storing my personal data in my diary.
artichandra

Activity: 173

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 02:27:23 PM

I once read for security wallet,
this is just for discussion how to secure the wallet. I do not think there is a security system and there will be no theft in the wallet.

If you choose your wallet or phone software, you need to be extra careful! Remember that bitcoins are stored inside your device. If your computer or phone breaks down, your bitcoin is gone too! Thieves can also take your bitcoin if it gets access. Consider the following tips to avoid losses:

Perform regular backups regularly
Save the backup on another device like in flash or another computer.
Use the encryption feature
With encryption, each transaction requires a login with a password. This prevents thieves who manage to gain access to your computer.
Do not forget the password
Losing a password equals losing your money! Wallet does not provide a password forgot feature.
Learn more please learn how to secure your wallet here: http://bitcoin.org/en/secure-your-wallet

Do you guys have a better idea to avoid theft in the wallet?
Your Knowledge and Ideas will be more helpful if shared.

Obviously wallet security is important, as we know, wallet itself already secured by their developer, but the problem is user itself, mostly people lost their wallet because carelessly placing their private keys make them lose their wallet.
vachellie

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 02:54:01 PM

Of course it's important if you want you lose your wallet then just ignore it  Grin
Just carefully use your device that stored your private key like carefully opening suspicious website.
Human error usually reason why their wallet get hacked.
Bunsomjelican

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 02:54:44 PM

Well, depending on the wallet you use I think. it is because Bitcoin wallet and altcoin wallet are differ to one another actually. Like for example in

Bitcoin wallet, you can use electrum wallet, mulibithd, exodus, each of them had their own security system to secure your bitcoin. Even in

altcoin, most probably they've used Mew wallet, shapeshift, or coinomi. Therefore, for me making security of your wallet is very significant at all.
Gramna

Activity: 197
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 03:57:02 PM

Wallet security plays a vital role when you store your coins in it. You invested time, effort and money to be able to gain these coins so you better be sure that the wallet you are using is secure and that you will also be very careful in securing your password or passkeys to be able to access your coins.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
As roma

Activity: 53

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 06:59:20 PM

For now, wallet security is still awake and what I do doesn't visit any sites, I focus only on cryptocurrency and use malware antivirus. may be useful!

I think you better look for a good wallet and safe security, and it's not complicated to use. I mean, you understand the wallet.
This is very necessary because the wallet that we use is a place to store something valuable and you don't want the wallet to be hacked right?
JostikSSS

Activity: 73
Merit: 8

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 07:22:33 PM

Any wallet that you use should be protected to the maximum in order to avoid losses of your bitcoins. But how would you not reliably protect your money still do not keep them all in one place!  I use at least 3-4 different bitcoin storage locations, all passwords are recorded in at least 3 places and all my passwords are known to my family in order to avoid trouble with my health. Be very careful and don't lose your bitcoins in the Internet world.
spongegar

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 09:31:12 AM

I think it's also important to be careful with where you connect your device in order to have an internet connection. I've heard from a tech professional that you shouldn't do any financial activities, like banking, while your device is connected over on tp a public wifo becaude. You'll be susceptible to informational theft.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
mutrang23

Activity: 484

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 09:36:03 AM

Online security vendors are constantly upgrading their security systems to keep all customers safe from hackers. Hackers have hacked many vendors, but many have been stolen. Many events are occurring, but all providers treat them in a short time and limit the risk that may arise.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: