Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:00:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is wallet security important to use?  (Read 28203 times)
JuneTaro

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 08:28:02 AM

We need to install security applications to make sure they can protect our wallets from greedy hackers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Meretseger

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 09:02:01 AM

Although electronic wallets are highly encrypted when storing consumer data, e-wallet security is still a barrier for the public to receive it. From payment companies to social networks, gaming communities, Internet search engines, and telecom operators may be processing and sharing your financial and identity information, Thus, fraud prevention, privacy protection, account more important than ever.
Yusuf77

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 12:15:40 PM

We need to install security applications to make sure they can protect our wallets from greedy hackers.
but if only the security application in my opinion is lacking, and hackers can still commit the crime. Security applications and complicated wallet accounts will make your wallet more secure. but remember never to forget or put your account carelessly. always be careful and careful after you open your wallet.
andieoke
Copper Member

Activity: 301
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 12:30:10 PM

Yes this is the concern of everyone here, because nowadays there are so many hackers lurking on our digital assets. That is why we must be extra careful to secure our wallets. The first thing we have to do is, we have to keep our main email that we use to register the exchange, not to let others know it. Secondly, we should not inform the private key of our personal wallet to others, and we must also be careful if we enter the internet site that we do not know.
Wodomi

Activity: 82

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 04:06:09 AM

absolutely yes, this is very important because you store your all coins in your wallet so you need to secure your wallet. Many wallet have high security just be careful to visit some website that get your information or if you have lot money you can buy hardware wallet.
A wallet that contains cryptocurrency is like a safe containing money, so if there is theft or loss of wallet, we lose our money. So to protect your wallet you need to be careful and cautious, such as: don't forget to backup your wallet data, always update wallet software, use double security, check the Url correctly before logging into the wallet site, don't keep private keys carelessly
bayu7adi

Activity: 1414
Merit: 544

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2018, 05:42:03 AM

Do you guys have a better idea to avoid theft in the wallet?
Your Knowledge and Ideas will be more helpful if shared.

save your cryptocurrency in a personal wallet, don't ever store crypto assets for a long time on a wallet exchanger, we don't know what centralized parties are doing behind their work
save the private key in a place that is easy to find, but difficult for others to track
and the last is don't save BTC in 1 wallet if you think the amount is very large

/] Mr.Stork   
/]E X C H A N G E
S E R V I C E
████████▄▄▄▄▄
██████▄█████████▀
█████▀██▀▀█████▄
████████████████
█████▐█▄▀▄██▄▀▄██
█████▄█▄▄▄██▄▄
█████▀██████████
███████▀▀██████▌
███████████▀██▀

█████████
█████▄████████▄
███▄█████████████▄
░░▄███████████████▄

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
▄▄███▄▄
▄█████████▄
▄█████████▄
▀██▀██▀
▀█████████▀
▀███████▀
█████████
███████████████
███████████████████
▐███████████████████▌
███████████████████
█████████████████████
▀▀███████████████▀▀
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

/]NO KYC    NO AML
NO REGISTRATION

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Lunalionn

Activity: 31

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:43:05 AM

I once read for security wallet,
this is just for discussion how to secure the wallet. I do not think there is a security system and there will be no theft in the wallet.

If you choose your wallet or phone software, you need to be extra careful! Remember that bitcoins are stored inside your device. If your computer or phone breaks down, your bitcoin is gone too! Thieves can also take your bitcoin if it gets access. Consider the following tips to avoid losses:

Perform regular backups regularly
Save the backup on another device like in flash or another computer.
Use the encryption feature
With encryption, each transaction requires a login with a password. This prevents thieves who manage to gain access to your computer.
Do not forget the password
Losing a password equals losing your money! Wallet does not provide a password forgot feature.
Learn more please learn how to secure your wallet here: http://bitcoin.org/en/secure-your-wallet

If you have already stayed a long time in cryptocurrency, you must know the important of wallet security. HAve basic knowledge to protect yourself and to avoid theft.
harapan

Activity: 1708
Merit: 298

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 05:17:01 PM

I have a copy of your wallet's private key on another device, I have experienced data loss due to my computer error, but fortunately I saved my private key on the flash disk.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 12:51:20 AM

In the world that hacking always happen, its wise choice if we always back up our wallet and secure our private key. Beside that, security on our wallet is priority and its good choice if we using hard wallet
UchihaRukawa

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 01:26:22 AM

In my opinion, the security of our wallets is the most important thing to consider in the crypto world, we are talking about real money here and we want them to be perfectly safe in our wallets. There are lots of event here that people are losing their coins because someone just hacked their wallets and they sure are regretting that they didnt make sure that their wallets were secured.   

elpiji

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 06:26:16 AM

this is just for discussion how to secure the wallet. I do not think there is a security system and there will be no theft in the wallet.

If you choose your wallet or phone software, you need to be extra careful! Remember that bitcoins are stored inside your device. If your computer or phone breaks down, your bitcoin is gone too! Thieves can also take your bitcoin if it gets access. Consider the following tips to avoid losses:

With encryption, each transaction requires a login with a password. This prevents thieves who manage to gain access to your computer.
Losing a password equals losing your money! Wallet does not provide a password forgot feature.
Learn more please learn how to secure your wallet here: http://bitcoin.org/en/secure-your-wallet

of course it's all very important to be used to maintain assets in our wallets, I personally am not someone who is proficient in such matters, I only secure my wallet from phishing, I never ignored the email and unclear links that someone sent to me via email and telegram because it all can be a cause of phishing, I hear it from professional traders who have been trading in the crypto world for a long time.
zhanyiguai261315

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 06:39:28 AM

The wallet stores all your encrypted assets!
You lost your wallet key, meaning you lost your assets!
Protect your private key and your assets will be protected!
Abosede

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 06:39:45 AM

It is important to be security conscious when it comes to using wallet if you don't want to wake IP one day and discovered that everything you have worked for is gone.
OnceTwiceThird

Activity: 606
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 07:24:44 AM

Most important for using wallet security, many people have lost their asset not only on myetherwallet but also on exchange account because they have use low security of their wallet.
Osayo

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2018, 09:16:18 AM

In addition to security your wallet, you can engrave your recovery seeds or private keys unto a hard metallic surface that is indestructible by heat or rust. With this, even if your house guts fire, your keys are still safe.

▀▀    PUBLISHprotocol    [  WHITELIST  ]    ▀▀
The most viable blockchain based media platform
zeingrind777

Activity: 994
Merit: 138

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 09:37:22 AM

Activating Two Factor Authentification (2FA) is also one of the important things in keeping a bitcoin wallet secure. this method serves to identify the validity of access to your account while it can function as a notification to the account owner, 2fa can be in the form of SMS, Google authentification, or auth authentication. Maybe this method is a bit inconvenient but this way your account is more secure even though other people know your account password,
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 10:23:53 AM

Most important for using wallet security, many people have lost their asset not only on myetherwallet but also on exchange account because they have use low security of their wallet.

Or being a bit careless in giving out information. I think more than wallets being hacked, info phishing victimizes a lot more people. That's why the safest option especially if you keep a lot of coins, is to keep it offline.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
LOLpenguin
Copper Member

Activity: 51

I like crypto podcasts...

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 10:28:42 AM

Always use max security options that they offer you. Use google authenticator or some other similar method. These security options aren't there for no reason. These protect you from someone that wants to hijack your account and steal your funds. If your assets are important to you, which I believe they are, then use maximum security possible.

◄◄◄ Love the Crypto and Blockchain Talk podcast - listen here: www.cryptoandblockchaintalk.com ►►►

◄◄◄ LOL, funny crypto cover - "That's Not My Coin" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAcFrToY0Uw ►►►
KesoNie
Copper Member

Activity: 672
Merit: 270

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 11:33:13 AM

Always use max security options that they offer you. Use google authenticator or some other similar method. These security options aren't there for no reason. These protect you from someone that wants to hijack your account and steal your funds. If your assets are important to you, which I believe they are, then use maximum security possible.
Yes of course because wallet is the store of our coin which need to secured because there's possibility it can be hacked. So its better to secure our wallet and have a strong combination of password that cannot be easy to guess like combination of letters and numbers, then make a password that don't have connected to you.
nur rochid

Activity: 1050
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 12:19:01 PM

Yes of course because wallet is the store of our coin which need to secured because there's possibility it can be hacked. So its better to secure our wallet and have a strong combination of password that cannot be easy to guess like combination of letters and numbers, then make a password that don't have connected to you.
right, wallet is the place of our assets. with various security methods, I think it is very necessary, besides strong passwords, we can also use other security systems in the wallet
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: