Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:46:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CHANGELLY / SIMPLEX IS A SCAM !!!  (Read 207 times)
bambarmia (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:54:58 AM

I wanted to check out CHANGELLY and tried to buy some ETH using my debit card. Here is what happened. They charged my card ($100) and after that requested copy of my Passport, copy of my card  and a video, where I must read a text provided on their website holding my card close to my face.... I did all that, but they still refused to send me my ETH. Never buy anything and never trade on Changelly, because it is nothing but a HUGE SCAM!!!!   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mosprognoz

Activity: 868
Merit: 278

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:01:24 AM

I wanted to check out CHANGELLY and tried to buy some ETH using my debit card. Here is what happened. They charged my card ($100) and after that requested copy of my Passport, copy of my card  and a video, where I must read a text provided on their website holding my card close to my face.... I did all that, but they still refused to send me my ETH. Never buy anything and never trade on Changelly, because it is nothing but a HUGE SCAM!!!!   

They are well known scam artists. Why did you use that scam website ? There are dozens of good exchanges out there.
gorbal

Activity: 166
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:03:21 AM

They are thieves. Just google them. You will find hundreds of scam accusations.
bambarmia (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:09:29 AM

They are thieves. Just google them. You will find hundreds of scam accusations.

It was my mistake. Now I have to wait before that scammers will return my money.
mosprognoz

Activity: 868
Merit: 278

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:33:25 AM

Here is another scam accusation about changelly https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2096696.0

It is very sad, to see how that fraudsters are stealing peoples money.
bambarmia (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:41:50 AM

timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:02:41 AM

It's extremely inconvenient to use Changelly because of the fact that you will be randomly asked to send a full copy of your ID over. Makes no sense, because they allow you to initiate the trade without any form of ID, yet they ask you during the transaction to provide ID.

But your case seems to be different, you did provide the sufficient ID, and they still rejected you? IMO as shady as they are, I don't think they are intentionally trying to scam you for $100. Did they say anything in particular why your identification is rejected? You should PM this guy: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=823207 about the issue as well.

But overall, Changelly is just a badly run exchanger that I would personally never use. Too much risk involved with virtually 0 reward since rates aren't better than on exchanges.

Smiley
bambarmia (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:29:39 AM

It's extremely inconvenient to use Changelly because of the fact that you will be randomly asked to send a full copy of your ID over. Makes no sense, because they allow you to initiate the trade without any form of ID, yet they ask you during the transaction to provide ID.

But your case seems to be different, you did provide the sufficient ID, and they still rejected you? IMO as shady as they are, I don't think they are intentionally trying to scam you for $100. Did they say anything in particular why your identification is rejected? You should PM this guy: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=823207 about the issue as well.

But overall, Changelly is just a badly run exchanger that I would personally never use. Too much risk involved with virtually 0 reward since rates aren't better than on exchanges.

They charged my card and after that my transaction was rejected, because they asked me to read some ridiculous text in front of camera holding my ID close to my face. (I sent them the scan of passport, the scan of my card and the copy of my bank statement) I just refused to read that ridiculous text in front of camera holding my card on my nose... Now I'm waiting for my refund... (They said it will take up to 72 hours)
sofu
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085

Degenerate Crypto Gambler

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:54:03 PM

There are red flags since since weeks

https://www.reddit.com/r/Changelly/comments/802z1d/call_for_changelly_victims_tell_your_story_see/

A new one

https://np.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/8j31ps/changellys_blatant_criminality_a_boycott_is_in/

Fatg83

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 05:08:22 AM

my 3 btc confiscated. Because scam website. Support is very bad! 3 I can't get BTC back. they do not return. I think they stole my money
They don't help me. Never use this service.
Transaction id : qrefy611o5uxjej2

bitbollo
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 3477

Nec Recisa Recedit

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 07:32:30 AM

@bambarmia
if you pay with a credit card, you can always request a chargeback through your bank account (according their rules and policy).
At this point, if they are a confirmed scam and you will never get you're amount back , this is the only pragmatically solution to not get scammed.

btw why not read text and take the risk of loosing money?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███