Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Banksy  (Read 7435 times)
cbeast (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 11:49:49 AM

If someone knows Banksy, he might be interested in promoting bitcoin. We will need guerrilla marketing to make smartphone commerce. It seemed whimsical enough to post.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 02:21:02 PM

Ah that would be interesting to hear his opinion on this Smiley
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2011, 03:29:54 PM

My takeaways from this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-X1sBkQGTM&feature=related

• Banksy is Satoshi Nakamoto (or versa-visa)
  • Meet Bitcoin the Elephant (in the room)
  • Scientology Embraces Bitcoin

Introducing the newly hashed BanksyCoin:

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2011, 03:33:07 PM

Guerilla logic. I love Satoshi. I love Bansky. Therefore Bansky equals Satoshi.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
ne1

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2011, 03:56:34 PM

I just went to the street art exibit at MOCA

http://www.moca.org/audio/blog/?p=1991

I should have snuck in a bitcoin sticker and put it on a banksy piece.

Tx2000

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 03:58:50 PM

I think at this point a Bernankesky acknowledgement might do more  Tongue
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 04:04:47 PM

I think at this point a Bernankesky acknowledgement might do more  Tongue

Actually, whether Bernanke supports it or despises it, just him acknowledging bitcoin's existence would be fantastic! I doubt he will, though... he barely even acknowledges the existence of gold!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2011, 05:16:11 PM

I think at this point a Bernankesky acknowledgement might do more  Tongue

Actually, whether Bernanke supports it or despises it, just him acknowledging bitcoin's existence would be fantastic! I doubt he will, though... he barely even acknowledges the existence of gold!

But secretly, Ben Shalom Bernanke is starting to hash Bitcoin, as seen in the image below:

Grouver (BtcBalance)

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2011, 05:35:02 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2011, 06:33:06 PM by Grouver (BtcBalance)

If someone knows Banksy, he might be interested in promoting bitcoin. We will need guerrilla marketing to make smartphone commerce. It seemed whimsical enough to post.
Getting in touch with Banksy is harder then to get in touch with Satoshi.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2011, 06:24:09 PM

Getting in touch with Banksy is harder to get in touch with Satoshi.

VS

Anonymailer
aka BitBacco

Activity: 662

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2011, 06:53:12 PM

An imitation banksy might do it. If it's good enough  Grin

MacMiner - The first, best and easiest to use native Mac coin mining app: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=197110.0

BTC: 12vZf8mjaXvHorXWVWfv7nZspHa8L8kfoG LTC: LLRqwo3YcLqoRyfZRVmUevtd2Y35Vvnt4w
Piper67
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 07:03:47 PM

An imitation banksy might do it. If it's good enough  Grin

Sheesh... then we'll start forking the Banksy chain with IObanksy, IxBanksy, eBanksy and all manner of other crap  Grin
Anonymailer
aka BitBacco

Activity: 662

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2011, 07:27:55 PM

Sheesh... then we'll start forking the Banksy chain with IObanksy, IxBanksy, eBanksy and all manner of other crap  Grin
Hey, for all we know all Banksys since the first could be copycats! BitBanksy could be a good thing  Cheesy

MacMiner - The first, best and easiest to use native Mac coin mining app: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=197110.0

BTC: 12vZf8mjaXvHorXWVWfv7nZspHa8L8kfoG LTC: LLRqwo3YcLqoRyfZRVmUevtd2Y35Vvnt4w
maxmint

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 08:33:53 PM

cbeast, does this imply you know Banksy and you're in contact with him? Would be great to have him on board!

My PGP-Key: 462D02D8
Verify my messages using keybase: https://keybase.io/maxmint
cbeast (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 02:37:12 AM

cbeast, does this imply you know Banksy and you're in contact with him? Would be great to have him on board!
I've conversed with many interesting folks, most of them as pseudonyms. There seem to be very few freethinking hipsters, and they tend to orbit similar worlds. If Banksy groks the significance of a proletariat crypto-currency, he may find a new milieu for his art and craft.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2011, 03:04:30 AM

I've conversed with many interesting folks, most of them as pseudonyms. There seem to be very few freethinking hipsters, and they tend to orbit similar worlds. If Banksy groks the significance of a proletariat crypto-currency, he may find a new milieu for his art and craft.

There is nothing like a fusillade of acateleptic verbiage to make even the most puerile asseverations seem the acme of sagacious perspicacity. I'm just saying.
Piper67
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 07:31:05 AM

There is nothing like a fusillade of acateleptic verbiage to make even the most puerile asseverations seem the acme of sagacious perspicacity. I'm just saying.

LOL... risible, veritably
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2011, 07:46:19 AM

LOL... risible, veritably

I'm glad you got a laugh out of it, Piper67. I'm thinking about having a T-Shirt printed up with that phrase on it.
cbeast (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 11:53:57 AM

Nice copypasta http://andyrantsandraves.blogspot.com/2007/12/how-to-use-really-big-words-to-sound.html

Piper67
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 01:03:51 PM

Nice copypasta http://andyrantsandraves.blogspot.com/2007/12/how-to-use-really-big-words-to-sound.html

OOOH... bad form! Unless Phinnaeus Gage is Andy, I fully retract my LOL... then give it to Andy  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: