Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:37:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How should I split my $100k?  (Read 829 times)
wndrbr3d

Activity: 914
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:37:26 AM

As many people advice, I would recommend to divide this sum for 3 parts:
Conservative (Invest 30% in BTC,20% in ETH), Moderate (Invest 25% in other strong projects like EOS,LTC,CARDANO,TRON,etc. Invest 15% in "POS" coins like NEO (dBFT),DCR and other coins with possibility of staking) and last - Aggressive part (Invest 10% in ~10 new ICOs with great ideas).
samycoin

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:50:38 AM

Hello guys, If you put $100k to crypto, how would you split it ? Thank you
If I have like that big money I invest it to bitcoin and altcoin but not full because much better if you save the half of it so anytime you need it you have money to get. You can invest in crypto but not so much because it's risky.

[   N O M I N E X   ]        EXCHANGE       ◥        telegram      facebook      twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)         in         T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
Jorheen

Activity: 165
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:32:31 AM

If I would be putting $100k in cryptocurrency, i would split it into two, $50k in bitcoin, and the other $50k will be put on eth or any other coins as investment
lienfaye

Activity: 2940
Merit: 629

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:37:09 AM

Well $100k is a huge capital already and if I have that amount I will invest 40% for btc because its like a digital gold since its a well-established and profitable for long term hold. Then 30% for eth since its always next to btc and one of the main pair in exchanges, 20% for altcoins that has potential and the remaining 10% for ICO.

Before you decide to follow our suggestions better to conduct your own research because its important you have knowledge in the coins you want to invest in.

cutiemolit

Activity: 179

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 02:13:40 AM

This seems to be a good amount of investment money, well for me, 50% would go to investing of bitcoins, it is because we all know that bitcoins is a worldwide currency and it has been anywhere, in fact, some countries made it as a legal tender. And other part you can invest in Socratus   - a platform for insurance companies that was created in order to make the communication between customer and insurance company more convenient and simple. It helps to get read of annoying personal meetings and paper work. Their main aim is to help insurance companies to reduce costs (it can be reduced from 15 to 25 %) and get their business on new level.

Wow. For me 100k is a huge capital to start with. Better split it to the most deserving coin to invest with. By that even if the other coins price goes down, you still have other option to hold on too. And it depends upon you how many coins you want to trust.
karanggatak

Activity: 1106
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 02:47:47 AM

I think buy coins that are potentially up to 100% like ethereum, bitcoincash and others, because such coins have enormous potential when bitcoin prices are bullish again. moreover you have a large enough capital would be better if investing in coins that still have a fairly cheap price than in bitcoin Smiley

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀         ▀▀████
█████████▀              ▀██
█████████   ▐████████▌   ██
███▀▀             ███▌   ██
██▀               ███▌   ██
██   ▐███████████████▌   ██
██   ▐███               ▄██
██   ▐███            ▄▄████
██   ▐████████▌   █████████
██▄              ▄█████████
███▄▄         ▄▄███████████
███████████████████████████
.crosswise.
..........Next Gen Cross-Chain DEX..........
|   TELEGRAM   |    TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |     MEDIUM     |  INSTAGRAM  |
...SIGN IN...
Clark05

Activity: 1274
Merit: 263

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:50:29 AM

$100k is very big amount and if I have that I will buy more altcoins like 50 altcoins . Maybe each altcoin will worth $3000 or $1000 that I buy. I hope it will increase the coin that you bought . Here's my some altcoin that I buy ethereum, litecoin, ripple and waves.
HEvangelista

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:59:57 AM

If I have the means to invest using one hundred thousand dollars then I would go to three coins. First is bitcoin, next is ethereum, then the last one is NEO. No other coins for me at that point. We will see if it doubles or triples.
SalmanMJ9

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 04:12:21 AM

I think there's something wrong if you plan to invest $100K in coins and you don't know how to split it or use it. I'd spend the time to learn more about the market and do some virtual trading and trying to figure if trading or hodling suits you. By the time, you'll learn more about the coins and the technology behind it which gonna make it easier for you to choose.
binghope

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:15:52 AM

Personally, I recommend you to split 50% in Bitcoin and 20% in Ethereum for long-term. You can use the rest to buy promising altcoins for short-term and day trading with 10%.
If you divide that by only 80% of capital, the remaining 20% you will allocate to where. In my opinion, if you want to be safe and profitable, you should invest 50% in BTC and 50% in ETH, I think that is the best decision you can see in the future profit will come to you very much. .
uray

Activity: 1400
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:14:38 AM

This is the prime time to invest when the market is down, i would not suggest you to invest all that in this market but you can hold some top ten coins in the market for the long term if you aim is to make profit, i would rather choose low valuation coins with potential for the long term than grabbing high valuation coins but since you are planning to invest a huge amount you can hold some coins with big valuation too for the long term.
Lastsamuraj

Activity: 266

Prontapay

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:24:56 AM

Get yourself 30% bitcoin for trading,30% eth for trading and get around 4-8 alts for rest of the money to hold/trade.I suggest to have a look at some strong projects like Tron,Neo as well as new projects with low market cap like Powr,Modium,Block array

elewton

Activity: 407

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:35:11 AM

hey man. that's your money. dont ask people on this forum. if they can make money no way they tell u how to do it. just research by yourself it is better than ask anything like this on this forum

m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:39:42 AM

I would split it half $50k in bitcoin then the other $50k half on Ethereum. Why? Because you can almost never lose with these coins. They are volatile like every other altcoin but everybody knows that Bitcoin and Ethereum are here to stay and change the future!

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
yonton

Activity: 854
Merit: 262

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:55:40 AM

give it to me and I'll double it for you by next week Smiley
GalaxyWorld

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:53:28 PM

I would split it half $50k in bitcoin then the other $50k half on Ethereum. Why? Because you can almost never lose with these coins. They are volatile like every other altcoin but everybody knows that Bitcoin and Ethereum are here to stay and change the future!
This is a very safe and secure investment, but I think there should be around 30% to participate in ICO projects to increase the chances of getting profits in this market. I think that you should only keep 50% of the assets on the BTC and ETH, 20% you can use to trade the day when the market is stable and the rest to choose 1-2 good ICO projects to invest the way I usually use.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
lolchina

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:03:31 PM

1/3 in mining gear(gpus or asics)1/3 in bitcoin and last 1/3 in to altcoins.Here i would split that money in a lot of small cap coins with potential because if you play your cards right this coins durring the next bull run can make you x20 without any problem
kaena555

Activity: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:03:37 PM

What is there to separate things. It's only$100. So I would buy some one coin on it, like bitcoin. I'd wait for him to grow up.

Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:14:34 PM

What is there to separate things. It's only$100. So I would buy some one coin on it, like bitcoin. I'd wait for him to grow up.

The OP actually said a $100k. You can invest on bitcoin all in but that’s not a good idea, diversify is the best thing that you can do when you are holding much money like this.

give it to me and I'll double it for you by next week Smiley

I know this is just sarcastic, but you must stay yourself away from this kind of scheme to protect your money. This is just a scam for sure and learn to do it on your own and your money will be safe for sure.
Teamsah165454

Activity: 97

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:24:16 PM

My ideas are very risky.I think you should invest all of your money in ethereum or NEO. They are all good coin. Separation is not necessary at the moment. You can earn a great amount of money if you put all of your money in 1 coin. Try some top coins because they are most promising. Also look about EOS!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: