Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:30:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is a typical broker charge for transactions?  (Read 939 times)
Delicieuxz (OP)

Activity: 237
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:32:31 PM

I'm doing a bit of brokering with digital coins, and I'm wondering what I should be charging for it. I also have to add the % fee for the trading sites, too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
skovbitcoin

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 12:12:29 AM

Charge what the market will bear. Friends and family or is this a business? Friends and family might be happy to pay 1-5% to save themselves the trouble. A business would have to be more competitive as to be honest it's not exactly hard for someone to do what you are doing. You will have to price in risk of slippage and risk of not getting orders filled etc...all dependent on how exactly you are managing this. If you are just taking money off people, exchanging it for Bitcoin at whatever price you can get and then transferring it back to them or holding for them...then that would be simple...but serious investors would likely not be completely happy with this relatively simple arrangement.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 01:57:34 AM

I'm doing a bit of brokering with digital coins, and I'm wondering what I should be charging for it. I also have to add the % fee for the trading sites, too.

If you want a few customers, charge a lot. If you want lots of customers charge a little.
JustOne

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:44:49 AM

I charge 1% on top of Coinbase's 1% (my primary source). Keeps it simple and is priced above Coinbase and below Cashintocoins.com and Localbitcoin. And customers don't have to do sales at banks with security cameras or give their life history to Coinbase.

It definitely doesn't pay. Barely covers gas and time to meet Smiley But, on the plus side I make so little the IRS would laugh if I reported earnings. The real value, of course, is connecting with people locally. You'll be surprised how many there are.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:50:29 AM

I charge 1% on top of Coinbase's 1% (my primary source). Keeps it simple and is priced above Coinbase and below Cashintocoins.com and Localbitcoin. And customers don't have to do sales at banks with security cameras or give their life history to Coinbase.

It definitely doesn't pay. Barely covers gas and time to meet Smiley But, on the plus side I make so little the IRS would laugh if I reported earnings. The real value, of course, is connecting with people locally. You'll be surprised how many there are.

Depends where you are located. Sure there are some "hotbeds" of local trading activity. Other people won't find anyone within hundreds of miles.
JustOne

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:38:49 AM

You never know until you advertise on craigslist or Localbitcoin, or even just bring it up in conversation with someone. Family, coworkers, some guy. So far total I've earned in exchanges is less than a 20 FRN. I hope more hotbeds keep popping up.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:03:31 AM

You never know until you advertise on craigslist or Localbitcoin, or even just bring it up in conversation with someone. Family, coworkers, some guy. So far total I've earned in exchanges is less than a 20 FRN. I hope more hotbeds keep popping up.

I'm in Thailand, some activity on lbc but btc is not exactly legal here so .....
infinitybo

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 09:11:26 PM

By the way okcoin announced that a 0.3% fee would be charged on each BTC transaction made and 0.2% for LTC transactions.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:55:08 AM

By the way okcoin announced that a 0.3% fee would be charged on each BTC transaction made and 0.2% for LTC transactions.

Cheaper than gox, but then again, nearly everywhere is cheaper than gox
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: