UFC - 17 (18.1%)
KED - 16 (17%)
GPL - 27 (28.7%)
QBT - 5 (5.3%)
OFF - 6 (6.4%)
DPZ - 3 (3.2%)
UFO - 20 (21.3%)
Total Voters: 94

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Star Trek Crypto Coin thread - Big changes are coming!!  (Read 40145 times)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 03:01:45 AM

i have some problems with ufc i send some coins from pool to my wallet and lost
and from btcltc 20 k and in the site is complete the wallet is empty ..

I think btcltc is still using the old 1.1 client.

I have emailed them twice, and they are very stubborn. Maybe we all need to spam them. Your transaction just never happened.

But from the pool, it should work. Post your address, and you can check the transaction in the block explorer:
http://ufc.cryptocoinexplorer.com/

i've tried to withdraw ufc from btcltc several times but never reveived any coin either.
i asked btcltc about this problem, they said they are using the latest version. i guess they didn't re-download the whole block chain and they didn't give me any reply for this. so why it is necessay to re-download the block chain? any other solutions if they didn't do this?

"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
unfocus

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 04:19:55 AM

Did you guys loose a lot?

With the recent chinese crackdowns, several exchanges just closed or abandoned ship. I am sure some ppl loose more, even BTCs and LTCs.

Maybe you we can all email them?!

SCIFICOINS 4 LIFE Trading at SciiFI Coin Ex https://www.scifi-ex.com
MobGod

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 10:24:22 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2014, 11:06:42 AM by MobGod

Is there something wrong with the UFC explorer it's showing no network hash
ALSO looks like something is really wrong with UFC all rejected blocks now

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 02:14:32 PM

It appears UFC is in a POS storm. Basically some wallet or wallets came on-line that had a large amount of stake and because of some the POS issues in UFC that we have discussed before, the POS blocks are blocking out the POW blocks as POS blocks have priority.

The good news is that the network is still healthy and transactions will occur as normal. The bad news is miners will have a hard time getting POW blocks until the stake is exhausted in the wallets that came on line.

This is also why the explorer shows 0 M/H as there are no POW blocks coming on the network for the coin daemon to calculate the network hash rate.

As of now, i am keeping an eye on it to see when POW blocks start getting accepted back into the network.

The fix for this will be part of the next major release which will correct a number of things about POS generation in UFC. This will most likely be a hard fork, so I wanted to wait a bit since we just had a hard fork to correct the network issues.

dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 02:23:37 PM

I have emailed them twice, and they are very stubborn. Maybe we all need to spam them. Your transaction just never happened.

But from the pool, it should work. Post your address, and you can check the transaction in the block explorer:

i've tried to withdraw ufc from btcltc several times but never reveived any coin either.
i asked btcltc about this problem, they said they are using the latest version. i guess they didn't re-download the whole block chain and they didn't give me any reply for this. so why it is necessay to re-download the block chain? any other solutions if they didn't do this?

They are either unaware of the latest version or are lying to you. They would not be able to run the latest daemon without doing a fresh block chain download.

The latest version was a hard fork to correct network issues the original developer introduced by not changing the network identifier or P2P port from the coin it was cloned from. UFC clients were getting confused when finding a cloudcoin node as it had the same identifier and port.
The network identifier is part of a blocks record in the internal database and I found that using the new version (1.5.5) would crash out with a DB error if one tried to use it with databases created by previous versions. This is most likely due to the different network identifier in the records created by the old client.
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 04:25:56 PM

I am testing a Windows build of the GPL 2.5 - TEST version.

I will post a download link as soon as it is done downloading the block chain and I preform some basic tests.

The issues some report of databases errors can only be caused by not completely cleaning out the data directory including the subdirectory.

The instructions are as follows:

Linux:
Copy your wallet.dat and goldpressedlatinum.conf to a different location. Delete the .goldpressedlatinum directory completely. Start the QT client or daemon. In the case of the daemon it will give an error about the conf file. Copy your conf file back to .goldpressedlatinum and restart the daemon.

After the block chain download is complete(sync), replace the wallet.dat and conf file with your saved wallet.dat and conf file.

Windows: (When 2.5-test released)
Copy your wallet.dat and goldpressedlatinum.conf to a different location. This directory is at : C:\Users\<Your Username>\AppData\Roaming\goldpressedlatinum.

Delete the directory C:\Users\<Your Username>\AppData\Roaming\goldpressedlatinum completely.

Start the client up and wait for it to complete the block chain download (sync). Replace the wallet.dat and and conf file with the ones you saved.
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 06:49:09 PM

Windows GoldPressedLatinum version 2.5  TEST is available.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0wumNRRq9LNX2R5a2QwN2E5Ums&usp=sharing

The biggest improvement is the start-up time. Down to 10-20 seconds.

Network hash rate, N-factor and N value are now available through "getmininginfo" and "getnetworkhashps"

Remember this is still a test version, but so far everything appears to be working.

Because of a change in the internal application database, you will need to rebuild the block chain fresh:

Copy your wallet.dat and goldpressedlatinum.conf to a different location. This directory is at : C:\Users\<Your Username>\AppData\Roaming\goldpressedlatinum.

Delete the directory C:\Users\<Your Username>\AppData\Roaming\goldpressedlatinum completely.

Start the client up and wait for it to complete the block chain download (sync). Replace the wallet.dat and and conf file with the ones you saved.

mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 11:10:12 PM

sync'd up and old wallet restored no problems here

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
Scrappy Do

Activity: 686

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 11:17:46 PM

Windows GoldPressedLatinum version 2.5  TEST is available.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0wumNRRq9LNX2R5a2QwN2E5Ums&usp=sharing

The biggest improvement is the start-up time. Down to 10-20 seconds.

Network hash rate, N-factor and N value are now available through "getmininginfo" and "getnetworkhashps"

Remember this is still a test version, but so far everything appears to be working.

Because of a change in the internal application database, you will need to rebuild the block chain fresh:

Does this mean the old wallet is fine though? I have been soloing on it. I lost a lot of GPL last week, please dont tell me I will again.
Scrappy Do

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 11:19:05 PM

They are either unaware of the latest version or are lying to you. They would not be able to run the latest daemon without doing a fresh block chain download.

The latest version was a hard fork to correct network issues the original developer introduced by not changing the network identifier or P2P port from the coin it was cloned from. UFC clients were getting confused when finding a cloudcoin node as it had the same identifier and port.
The network identifier is part of a blocks record in the internal database and I found that using the new version (1.5.5) would crash out with a DB error if one tried to use it with databases created by previous versions. This is most likely due to the different network identifier in the records created by the old client.

Dream, I stopped mining and shut my wallet down, I believe I have the second largest. Do I need to turn it back on?

I am afraid to restart it now as I lost half my GPL last week. Please advise.
duuuuude

Activity: 938

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 11:19:31 PM

hey scrappy, if your were not on a fork then it will be no problem, just used the new wallet took forever to get the blockchain. but it works and i have my gpl.

j
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 11:38:38 PM

Scrappy,

At the moment, please do not open your UFC wallet unless you can get to the RPC command window and use the "reservebalance" command to stop POS minting. There is no danger to your wallet or coins, but the UFC chain is having an issue with being flooded with POS blocks right now and if a large wallet like that starts POS minting it might exacerbate the problem. I am looking into it now. As a matter of fact I am testing a new build of UFC that incorporates some of the same changes I made in GPL to speed up start times.

GPL 2.5 is optional and is in fact a test version. Though one could use the 2.4 version wallet even after 2.5 becomes release, there is really no advantage to sticking with the old version. The reason one has to rebuild the local GPL database is that there are some changes in the LOCAL database structure and it is incompatible with LOCAL databases made with GPL version 2.4. The block chain rebuild takes about 1-2 hours, but only needs to be done once. After the GPL client syncs for the first time, start up times are typically about 10-20 seconds where in version 2.4 it sometimes took hours just to start.
You are not in danger of losing any GPL that is part of the true block chain, the only coins that could be lost were not "real" GPL in the first place as they were mined on an orphan chain.
mogrith
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 11:39:53 PM

I lost no coin in changing over. but I did keep the old code just in case. There should be no problem with both old and new on the same network so stay with what you have until general release if you want.

Really the only fix to the orphan issue is more miners and wallets open

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
Scrappy Do

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 11:46:21 PM

Scrappy,

At the moment, please do not open your UFC wallet unless you can get to the RPC command window and use the "reservebalance" command to stop POS minting. There is no danger to your wallet or coins, but the UFC chain is having an issue with being flooded with POS blocks right now and if a large wallet like that starts POS minting it might exacerbate the problem. I am looking into it now. As a matter of fact I am testing a new build of UFC that incorporates some of the same changes I made in GPL to speed up start times.

GPL 2.5 is optional and is in fact a test version. Though one could use the 2.4 version wallet even after 2.5 becomes release, there is really no advantage to sticking with the old version. The reason one has to rebuild the local GPL database is that there are some changes in the LOCAL database structure and it is incompatible with LOCAL databases made with GPL version 2.4. The block chain rebuild takes about 1-2 hours, but only needs to be done once. After the GPL client syncs for the first time, start up times are typically about 10-20 seconds where in version 2.4 it sometimes took hours just to start.
You are not in danger of losing any GPL that is part of the true block chain, the only coins that could be lost were not "real" GPL in the first place as they were mined on an orphan chain.

Can I send you a copy of my GPL wallet and you look at it? I have no idea how I ended up on a fork as I never stopped the wallet, and I merely restarted the PC and lost over half. I have a backup before I upgraded to the last, not the test.
mogrith
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 11:52:33 PM

I had my PC's UFC wallet open and it was generating a lot of POS. I turned it off for now. The wallet on my VPS (198.199.100.216) for UFC is empty so it can be a node w/o causing any POS.

Vinje

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:45:07 AM

I upgraded my GPL wallet with no issues.  I even left the wallet.dat in the roaming folder. 
unfocus

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 06:50:02 AM

That's why I finally gave up on POS and moved all my coins from one wallet to another to every sathoshi.
It was a waste of my time whenever I need to access the wallet.

If it's okay with you guys, shut down your UFC wallets for now.

unfocus

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 06:58:38 AM

Guys,

What do you guys think about Mogrith's idea of making SciFi stickers, see this thread:
http://scificointalk.com/index.php/topic,163.0.html

I think the logo is quite nice to print as bumper sticker or as a sticker to put on your mining rigs.

tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 02:51:15 PM

It appears UFC is in a POS storm. Basically some wallet or wallets came on-line that had a large amount of stake and because of some the POS issues in UFC that we have discussed before, the POS blocks are blocking out the POW blocks as POS blocks have priority.

The good news is that the network is still healthy and transactions will occur as normal. The bad news is miners will have a hard time getting POW blocks until the stake is exhausted in the wallets that came on line.

This is also why the explorer shows 0 M/H as there are no POW blocks coming on the network for the coin daemon to calculate the network hash rate.

As of now, i am keeping an eye on it to see when POW blocks start getting accepted back into the network.

The fix for this will be part of the next major release which will correct a number of things about POS generation in UFC. This will most likely be a hard fork, so I wanted to wait a bit since we just had a hard fork to correct the network issues.

Am I the reason no one can PoW mine UFC? Please tell me how I can help I would much rather PoW mine than PoS mine.

unfocus

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 04:17:03 PM

Ok, it seems that POS generation is less aggressive now as many of us repented  Grin Grin Grin
The last 10 blocks were generated by just 2 wallets.

I am putting a 7950 at the pool to see if we can start generating POW blocks.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: