Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:39:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trusted members and The Escrow League  (Read 4048 times)
BTCrow

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

BTCrow.com

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2011, 04:31:32 PM

@BTCrow: your service is exactly what I would like to have, only done by someone I already trust (*wink* davout). This does not mean I distrust you or your service in any way, and with time I'll probably use it consistently, but right now, with all the scandals and people running away with fat wallet.dat's full of other people's coins, I tend to trust only the "family".

I completely understand what you mean, I think I started my escrow service in the worse time with all those scandals, The thing I'm working out is a just a way of my service getting trusted in order people just stop being scammed.

It will take the time it will take I don't mind, I strongly believe in bitcoins whatever speculation or news said and I want to be a part of it. That's why I had implemented marketing tactics in order to gain more rep from people by giving 20% for any (positive or negative) feedback for valid transaction. There's already plenty of people using my escrow and I only get good comment for the moment. As I said it's a start and I really appreciate doing business this way.

I also made a request for google business center in order to have my business listed on google LBC, but the only reason why I didn't put it in place in order to get more trust is because for the moment I don't have an office space exclusively for BTCrow, and I fear that people come directly at my house for whatever reason or try to infiltrate to steal bitcoins in our protected wallets. My main goal is to protect my familly and bitcoins from my precious and valuable customers. That's why I'm patient and waiting to rep build by itself while doing great job (I think) for the community.

In other words once you'll think that I'll gain enough rep I could be interested as well to brainstorm some ideas and contribute myself in order to have the safest way to do bitcoin transactions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 04:49:00 PM

In other words once you'll think that I'll gain enough rep I could be interested as well to brainstorm some ideas and contribute myself in order to have the safest way to do bitcoin transactions.

There is one way you can ease yourself into getting paranoid people (like myself) to test your services and leverage the trust already won by members of this forum, and that is to allow people to use btcrow but have people from the list of potential league members hold the coins (for a fee, of course). I didn't think this through, it's just something that popped into my mind right now.

The other thing is I need to know you are making enough profit to actually be best for you to keep the business running. That's partly why I trust mtgox, the other part is the people behind it being themselves high in my trust balance to start with. But I know it would be stupid for them to make a run for it with a lot of cash/btc, as they are not anonymous, so tracking is possible and, more importantly, they are making a lot of profit thus they have an interest in keeping the service running.
logansryche

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 07:38:21 PM

Because this discussion is starting to get deep, how would we get Eptiv in on this? I mean, it's an escrow service and it's simple to use(like clearcoin, but not like clearcoin). I run half. spleeder runs the other half.
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 08:00:57 PM

Because this discussion is starting to get deep, how would we get Eptiv in on this? I mean, it's an escrow service and it's simple to use(like clearcoin, but not like clearcoin). I run half. spleeder runs the other half.

I guess that the message to BTCrow applies to Eptiv too. Can you think of a way to run the service but have the coins transfered to one of the League members, give him some admin interface for the transaction so he could say "coins received" (although knowing the address you could sniff the blockchain too) and then when the buyer receives the goods an email gets sent to the coin holder to release the funds (stating the address to do so clearly on a page where both buyer and escrow can see it?).

You could potentially have this as an optional thing when someone uses the escrow service:
- use our escrow service (1% fee)
- use our service with coins held by davout (1.25% fee)
etc

trentzb

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 08:31:06 PM

I would be willing to escrow some trades for 0 BTC. Smiley
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 08:48:51 PM

I would be willing to escrow some trades for 0 BTC. Smiley

I understand what you are getting at, and I would gladly escrow for 0% too if a know member asked me to, but as a service you should always get something for your trouble, or else why would you sustain such service?

I know, volunteer work, for the good of the community Smiley
trentzb

Merit: 251

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 09:00:35 PM

Correct. I want newbies/members to become involved without the risks of the scams going on. The more trade that is facilitated and more newbies that get involved the more robust Bitcoin becomes and my return is that my investment of time and money becomes more secure.

Edit: If escrow/trade parties wish to offer me some bitcents as a thanks that would be accepted, but not required.
logansryche

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 09:12:43 PM

I guess that the message to BTCrow applies to Eptiv too. Can you think of a way to run the service but have the coins transfered to one of the League members, give him some admin interface for the transaction so he could say "coins received" (although knowing the address you could sniff the blockchain too) and then when the buyer receives the goods an email gets sent to the coin holder to release the funds (stating the address to do so clearly on a page where both buyer and escrow can see it?).

You could potentially have this as an optional thing when someone uses the escrow service:
- use our escrow service (1% fee)
- use our service with coins held by davout (1.25% fee)
etc

I doubt Spleeder would do that since he doesn't know you from the next person. Wouldn't matter anyhow since the code saves the coins on the site. However if you click on the banner it will take you to the site and you'll notice transactions cost 1% no matter the size.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 09:32:06 PM

mndrix of CoinPal (RIP) is pretty trustworthy, and has been used to hold bonds in the past.

ovidiusoft

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 12:43:20 PM

@nelisky suggested that I should spam this thread with this link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=48704.0

We need your input on the system proposed and, if you'll like it, the support of the legendary "Escrow League" Smiley
BitterTea

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 01:27:54 PM

I have nothing to contribute but a much cooler (and sillier) name:

The League of Escrowdinary Gentlemen
astana

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 02:35:58 PM

Totally fucking agree, Escrow FTW... anything over $100 by new/untrusted members instant escrow, no IF's or BUT's. IF someone refuses well you know they are not good for anything.

I'll be requesting a 1 week escrow for my next currency exchange which will be soon, It's quite a bit of money and I just want gift cards in exchange so 1 week holding the money to prove they are real/not stolen/hacked.
shakaru

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 05:42:17 PM

I will gladly join the Escrow League and offer my service for no fee. Let me know if you are interested.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                    
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █      
semyazza

Activity: 339

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 06:13:55 PM

Willing to escrow transactions (4% fee) require PGP signed contract (supplied) by buyer and seller and/or physically signed contract.  Will also accept notarized contracts scanned and sent via e-mail.
ovidiusoft

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 07:41:58 PM

Will also accept notarized contracts scanned and sent via e-mail.

Where I live, notarized contracts require the presence of both parties and cost more than 30 EUR...
semyazza

Activity: 339

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 08:56:15 PM

Will also accept notarized contracts scanned and sent via e-mail.

Where I live, notarized contracts require the presence of both parties and cost more than 30 EUR...

I did not know that was the case in the EU.  For EU customers that would not be an option.

Here in the United States the notary validates your signature and that you were the individual present attesting to the contract that you sign in front of them.  If more than one signature is needed and the buyer and seller are remote, each can sign the contract separately as long as both get their individual signatures notarized.  I have done this for many real-estate and other transactions requiring contracts.
cablepair

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2011, 11:13:50 PM

I would like to nominate nextshare. He has a proven and documented track record for being honest while doing business online (   gpg_identity=http://www.bitshift.io/forum.asc)

I can also speak for at least 5 or 6 transactions I conducted with him myself. In every transaction I purchased something off of him worth $150-$200 and in every transaction I paid him Bitcoins up front and he shipped the items as promised - the items were always honestly portrayed and he always conducted himself in an honest and trust worthy fashion. I have been on these forums for 6 months and completed many business deals - I consider nextshare to be among the most trustworthy people I have dealt with. He also has some medical problems that may prevent him from working so making a little income as an escrow middle man would be a good opportunity for him. He is a honest and moral person and For these reasons I feel that he would be an ideal person for this escrow league.

astana

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 06:35:10 AM

Willing to escrow transactions (4% fee) require PGP signed contract (supplied) by buyer and seller and/or physically signed contract.  Will also accept notarized contracts scanned and sent via e-mail.

4% come on man, 3% at best...2.5% is a very good number I think. Anything over $200 5% is fair due to risk.
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 02:47:17 PM

There is nothing wrong with the existing escrow services, except I don't know/trust those behind them, so it's square one all over again.

hi nelisky, i know i'm not on your list, but for those that know me, there is now one more option: http://thrucoin.com

nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 03:15:26 PM

hi nelisky, i know i'm not on your list, but for those that know me, there is now one more option: http://thrucoin.com

Hey. That's great, the more the better. This particular thread is for individuals willing to escrow, but I certainly appreciate the information.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: