Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:53:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who else is holding on to DOGE long term?  (Read 2100 times)
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:45:45 AM

I'm still uncertain as to whether to sell half of my portfolio, I mined a fair amount in the first 2 days after release (4.7million).

I have about 2 million on 2different exchanges just waiting for the right price
Manwe

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:46:33 AM

This is why I said it is too early to be on Cryptsy.
quone17

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 04:47:02 AM

Interesting Multipool theory. Good that I dont do that Multipool thing.

It doesn't matter if you personally do it, and it's not really a "theory". Multipools will mine the most profitable coin and dump it until its no longer the most profitable and then move on to something else. Scryptpools is currently reporting that DogeCoin has ~24 GH/s on the entire network. The three big multipools are around 15 GH/s. That means almost two-thirds of the entire network is auto-selling their coins almost immediately after mining them.

There's simply no way to combat that selling pressure until the price falls to a point where the multipools move on to another coin and a bigger portion of the network is holding their coins. It's been happening for the past day, and its very nearly equalized with the rest of the scrypt alts. Its only a few percent away now from losing the top spot.

Good point. With multipools isn't it basically impossible for any coin to stay "most" profitable for a really long time?  It will eventually equalize with the other alts.

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
quone17

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 04:49:06 AM

This is why I said it is too early to be on Cryptsy.

Another good point. Doge is just gonna get dumped non stop. I know other alts waited a while before going on cryptsy but it seems like doge is just trying to do everything really fast. Already got a dice game and just crazy. That's why it seems like a pump and dump

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
wakasaki808

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:51:43 AM

People just keep lowering the price. For me I don't really care, am neutral either way. Got in early and moved to other alt's with DOGE in my portfolio for the long term. But there are times when the price is .00000088 per DOGE when the going rate is .00000100 per DOGE...

People either are trying to crash the price, or don't know how to trade...lol
scarface

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Spectiv VR Crowdsale: 12/08/17

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:59:03 AM

dont just hoard them give away some help the market grow by expanding demand then you will be rich just hoarding it will not do much

▄▄████████████▄▄             
          ▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄▄        
       ▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▄      
     ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███    
   ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄  
  ▄██░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▌ 
 ▐██░░░░░░░░▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄░░░░░░░░▀█▌
▐██░░░░░░▄███▀▀███████████████▀▀██▄░░░░░░██▌
████▄░░▄██▀███████▄██████▄████████▀██▄░░░▐██
██░▀████▀██████████████████████████████▄░░██
██░░░▀██▄█████████████████████████▄██▀▀██▄██
██▌░░░░▀███▄████████▀▀▀▀███████▄██▀░░░░░▀███
▐██░░░░░░░▀███▄▄███████████▄▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░██▌
 ▐██░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌
  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌ 
   ▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀  
     ▀██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀    
       ▀███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀      
          ▀████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███▀         
              ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀             

[ Website ]                    

igl00

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 05:03:36 AM

imo this wont work long term

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:09:06 AM

It is definitely an exciting experiment with lots of potential to expand further. However, don't forget to take at least some profits.

what is exciting about it? what is experimental about it?

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:20:00 AM

It is definitely an exciting experiment with lots of potential to expand further. However, don't forget to take at least some profits.

1. exciting distribution/rise, no other alt was that fast => shows what's possible in the shortest time span
2. it's a social experiment that took off

You can read many critical posts on DOGE of mine here, but its impact can by no means be denied.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:23:55 AM

1. exciting distribution/rise, no other alt was that fast => shows what's possible in the shortest time span
2. it's a social experiment that took off

You can read many critical posts on DOGE of mine here, but its impact can by no means be denied.

No it can not. One of my wifes friends asked her about it and she in turn asked me about it. And its not like her friend is part of the crypto illiterati, the furthest possible thing from it.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: