Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:11:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Axonlabs - new 3TH miner for 10k  (Read 5166 times)
spartan82

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 01:59:41 AM

seems legit

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
titomane

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 09:03:43 AM

seems legit

Watch TerraM & 4 megabit rj45 jajaja why not kilobit Ethernet . Jajaja

rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 11:15:27 AM

another photoshop website  Angry
Colin Miner

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 12:47:40 PM

Quote from: spartan82
seems legit

is spartan82 one of those accounts that got hijacked in the recent MIM attack on this very site?

FREE Namecoins (NMC), Devcoins (DVC) and IxCoins (iXC) while you mine Bitcoins (BTC) on the pool, in the cloud or both. Free to join, click here to Sign Up and mine your free coins.
Cheap VPS Hosting here or budget conscious Free cPanel hosting here. Buy BTC the safe and easy way at Localbitcoins.com (US and UK).
 "I'm no longer as confident as I was this morning." - xkeyscore89.  My Addie.cc.
more Free: BTC, LTC, FTC, TIPS, WDC, EAC & IFC
spartan82

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 02:21:22 PM

Quote from: spartan82
seems legit

is spartan82 one of those accounts that got hijacked in the recent MIM attack on this very site?

Spartans have never been hijacked since the beginning of time and neither has this Spartan Smiley

For customers who ordered several machines and managed to get a deal to get extra blades, don't forget that machines are limited to 3 blades in total per machine. We will not take reservations for more blades than you can fit in the machines you ordered.

How cute, pretty much saying we will not rip you off any more than you already have been if you purchased any of our "machines".
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 08:32:37 PM

Then you missed out on awesome quotes like:
"We are using processors designed and normally used for supercomputers which are not produced in large quantities"
"102 GB/s NOC Bisection Bandwidth"
"Vegetable-based oils can also be used providing the oil is free of debris and has no moisture content"
"Can base units be networked together as one? Theatrically, yes. Practically, no. The computing network of the blades require extreme bandwidth to exchange data between the cores making it unpractical to daisy-chain base units together.".

Man, you ain't kiddin' !

DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 09:26:30 PM

Then you missed out on awesome quotes like:
"We are using processors designed and normally used for supercomputers which are not produced in large quantities"
"102 GB/s NOC Bisection Bandwidth"
"Vegetable-based oils can also be used providing the oil is free of debris and has no moisture content"
"Can base units be networked together as one? Theatrically, yes. Practically, no. The computing network of the blades require extreme bandwidth to exchange data between the cores making it unpractical to daisy-chain base units together.".

Man, you ain't kiddin' !

They forgot to mention: "All your base are belong to us."  Cheesy

Did they also neglect to mention that their facility was guarded by a moat with sharks armed with lazors on their headz?
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 01:45:22 PM

their customer service says they are located in Markham Canada. I should note the customer service moniker used in our chat was "descarte"... same as OP.

nah, I am not one of them. I want to know how everyone sees them before I start investing. If someone in canada can verify their address and people working there, I might give it a go.

I am in Canada and live within half an hour drive.

I didn't see the address but I might be willing to stop by if they allow it and a time is arranged.

Edit:  270 Esna Park drive is an industrial section of Markham.  I have customers in that area and I will actually be around the corner from there on Monday for other business.  I will drive by the address and have a look.  I won't be knocking on doors or any such thing.  I am assuming that address is an industrial complex and has multiple units but the website doesn't list a unit number, but I will do a "drive by" on Monday all the same.

Not like this isn't clearly a scam but in case anyone is interested I did drive by the address on Monday.  There is no sign of any company called AxonLab or anything close.  14 Units at 270 and all appear to be rented and in use by existing companies with signage, except one.  One of the units was listed as an Ontario numbered corp so I have no idea what they do and they had no sign on the door or window of the unit (just the unit#). 

If in some 1 in a billion off chance someone talks to these guys and they allow visitors I am in the area all the time and would be happy to stop by although I'm not gonna hold my breath waiting.   Wink
descarte (OP)

Activity: 195

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 10:25:47 AM

thanks for making the trip. That clears up a lot of speculation...
aynstein

Activity: 128

Fortune favors the bold, and sometimes the bald.

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 01:12:04 PM

Axon, it's all in yer head.

AltaVista 4 Life!
AngusCanine
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

To weird to live To rare to die

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 12:48:54 AM

This is a response from my email to them....

> When can I expect these if I make my order this month?
I'm sorry, we're unable to estimate queue position in a two-weeks period. The best guess I could come up with is - at the beginning of Q2.

> Also I read a scam report on bitcointalk.com. If you google axonlabs a scam you can find the link?
You can probably obtain similar results searching for "Microsoft Scam". This is the internet Wink

> Most importantly can I come to your shop and pay cash for these items as I live within reasonable distance. Please understand the lack of trust as your company is new to the miner hardware business.
We don't allow visits of the labs, and we do not accept cash payments. You may use escrow services to hold your payment until delivery or wait for a future shipping batch.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further question. It will be a pleasure to assist you.

Kind regards

C. Desjardins, Chief Technical Officer (CTO)
Axon Labs, Markham
Ontario, Canada
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 12:57:04 AM

Great, we got a new contender.

http://www.axonlabs.net

Anyone free to do some detective work...

Any hardware up for sell on the internet without putting the effort of getting https:// is a huge red flag....
AngusCanine
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

To weird to live To rare to die

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 01:09:30 AM

What do you mean by that?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: